Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• Options
    edited May 10
    I just saw Stephen Humphrys at the Peninsular retail car park leaving Smyths toys. 

I was curious what he was doing there, so I asked him what he's doing here, and what's he got in his hands? He was holding a lego set and gave me a little smirk and said: 'Just had an interview with Jonesy, and he's wanting players he can build something with, time to get this back to the gaffer and start putting the blocks in place now'. 

He winked at me, got in his car, and sped off towards slow moving traffic. 

Thought this was worth a share.
    At last...a realistic rumour...🙄
  • Options
    is it premature to compose the Theo Bair song ?
    I suspect that would be a premature evaluation.  Best to concentrate on something else.
  • Options
    edited May 10
    I just saw Stephen Humphrys at the Peninsular retail car park leaving Smyths toys. 

I was curious what he was doing there, so I asked him what he's doing here, and what's he got in his hands? He was holding a lego set and gave me a little smirk and said: 'Just had an interview with Jonesy, and he's wanting players he can build something with, time to get this back to the gaffer and start putting the blocks in place now'. 

It actually happened as well, just not in blue writing, why that's there I don't know 
  • Options
    edited May 10

It actually happened as well, just not in blue writing, why that's there I don't know 

• Options
    So serious rumours are only in blue text ?
  • Options
    Just watching Donny v Crewe, Rio Adebisi looks the bollocks, be a good replacement if we was to sell Thierry Small.
  • Options
    PWADDICK said:
    Just watching Donny v Crewe, Rio Adebisi looks the bollocks, be a good replacement if we was to sell Thierry Small.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/charlton-athletic-crewe-rio-adebisi-thierry-small/
  • Options

Understandable seeing that Motherwell still have three games left before their season is done.
    So? Have they not heard of a pre-contract? 
  • Options
    PWADDICK said:

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/charlton-athletic-crewe-rio-adebisi-thierry-small/
    Clear plagiarism on their part, lawyers have been notified 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Smithy said:
    Lot of agent talk around Small, maybe wasn’t happy with what was on the table. 
    Hope it is just Small keeping his options open for a little while. Will be disappointed if it turned out we offered a low contract, as he is a player we should be looking to tie down longer, if possible. Of course it could be we offered a decent contract and Small wants an unrealistic amount. Hopefully gets sorted soon. 
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Smithy said:
    Hope it is just Small keeping his options open for a little while. Will be disappointed if it turned out we offered a low contract, as he is a player we should be looking to tie down longer, if possible. Of course it could be we offered a decent contract and Small wants an unrealistic amount. Hopefully gets sorted soon. 
    I think he has a good offer from Charlton, but it’s if he wants to sign it. 
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Smithy said:
    in reality he was rotting away in the reserves at Soton and Nathan has breathed fresh life into a career going nowhere.  Youd think he owes it to Nathan but you never know if players see it that way or if their agent just sees ££££ and will want to move him on
    Agreed.. and it’s not the first time in his short career he has done this.. but he won’t leave on a free, as we triggered the contract, so we would get a fee if he wants to go.
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited May 11
    DubaiCAFC said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Smithy said:
    You know this is a good offer with any certainty because? 🤔 
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    To be fair the article did say no contact had been made from Derby, just that they were keeping tabs.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Smithy said:

Hope so but pretty sure the leaks from the ownership was that Dobson had a good offer and that didn't end well given we were beaten by a Hungarian team
    Who? 
  • Options
    I still think Small is waiting to see our other transfer business before committing long term, and I don't blame him. Words are easy, in his shoes I'd want to see actual evidence first that we're going for it next season.
  • Options
    edited May 11
    DubaiCAFC said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Smithy said:

Hmm have they rehashed the Dobbo statement ?

• Options
    Foxycafc said:
    Does anyone know how to embed twitter posts in here anymore? Doesn't seem to work for me
    There was a workaround but even that has stopped working since Mr. Musk decided to 'fix' Twitter. 
  • Options
    vff said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Smithy said:
    Because he's in the know.
    Don't forget Dobson was offered what he wanted  :)
    Indeed, In the know allegedly. Post has ‘thinks’ in it, try to pin Dubai down on anything & the certainty disappears like a mirage in the desert. 
  • Options
    Foxycafc said:
    Does anyone know how to embed twitter posts in here anymore? Doesn't seem to work for me
    Try changing the link from X to "fixupx"
    For example x.com/SE7 to fixupx.com/SE7
  • Options
    vff said:
    vff said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Smithy said:
    Because he's in the know.
    Don't forget Dobson was offered what he wanted  :)
    Indeed, In the know allegedly. Post has ‘thinks’ in it, try to pin Dubai down on anything & the certainty disappears like a mirage in the desert. 
    I have been in contact with the local Flamengo soccer school and they are interested in sending their star prospects to London.