Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• Options
    Would expect Birmingham to be able to outbid Huddersfield on wages though. 
  • Options
    Richard J said:
    Suspect Huddersfield will now match the bid.
    or hopefully add a few ££££ on top 
  • Options
    Hopefully drives the price up if Michael Duff really wants him. Although perhaps the deal sweetening will be in wages rather than fee if that’s already been agreed?
  • Options
    fenaddick said:
    Going to Birmingham doesn't really tally with the moving to be closer to her family line.

OK, Brum is closer to Doncaster than Snodland but it's not exactly the easy commute that Huddersfield is.

WIOTOS
    could still live in Yorks. I guess, lots of footballers do crazy commutes 
    Didn’t Paul Merson commute from Herts to Middlesbrough?
  • Options
    Yeaaa... BIDDING WAR!!
    Probably just matched the Huddersfield bid, rather than increasing it unfortunately. 
  • Options
    So a mockery of the Huddersfield Yorkshire home sick thing as bid accepted from Birmingham. 
  • Options
    "Mentioned on one of our recent pods that Birmingham are paying the biggest wages in the division - huge jump on other clubs you’d expect to be in top six mix.

Wrexham also got serious dough. Easy to get gauge when you speak to agents or clubs in each window as they know what is being offered!"

https://x.com/RichCawleySLP/status/1807025745723830558
  • Options
    edited June 29
    Ferryman said:
    So a mockery of the Huddersfield Yorkshire home sick thing as bid accepted from Birmingham. 
    if we’re going to sell anyway might as well get the biggest feee possible 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oh,I am gonna love reading the Udders getting into meltdown over this...😂😂😂
    Be even funnier if they get him, only to get the version that played for Doncaster.

Imagine spending all that money on a 20+ goal striker, only to get barely any return out of him... All that gloating they'd no doubt regret.
  • Options
    I do think he will flop if he leaves. I do hope he stays but looking unlikely. 
  • Options
    I don't think he will flop but he didn't score for us in his first three games.  The two relegated sides will have a sense of entitlement and might be moaning at a relatively slow start for him.
  • Options
    Getting the old "Didn't want him anyway" crap now from The Udders, they are really pissed off with us that's for sure, sometimes life ain't so bad after all...🙄
  • Options
    The sun is shining, the birds are singing, rather than having zero rumours on here today, and 200 posts about Alfie May, can we not just close the thread for a day?
  • Options
    cfgs said:
    I don't think he will flop but he didn't score for us in his first three games.  The two relegated sides will have a sense of entitlement and might be moaning at a relatively slow start for him.
    Prefer he goes to Brum as they will buy the title anyway, with or without Alfie.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The sun is shining, the birds are singing, rather than having zero rumours on here today, and 200 posts about Alfie May, can we not just close the thread for a day?
    Or move on to who our new strikers will be - one being a replacement and another as we needed one regardless of whether May was sold.

Cawley said we wanted signings sorted first so we should be close to at least one new striker.

Ahadme, Etete and Godden have been mentioned, any other realistic alternatives? I’m ignoring the strikers linked by nonsense Twitter accounts.

• Options
    Scoham said:
    Or move on to who our new strikers will be - one being a replacement and another as we needed one regardless of whether May was sold.

Cawley said we wanted signings sorted first so we should be close to at least one new striker.

Ahadme, Etete and Godden have been mentioned, any other realistic alternatives? I’m ignoring the strikers linked by nonsense Twitter accounts.

That's been Rich's line all along tbf, but doesn't sound like we've got any one lined up at as an advanced stage as bids being accepted. 
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Scoham said:

That's been Rich's line all along tbf, but doesn't sound like we've got any one lined up at as an advanced stage as bids being accepted. 
    How do you know that?
  • Options
    Selling Alfie May, our first guaranteed 20+ goals a season striker for donkeys years, is undeniably a huge gamble but I understand wanting to do the right thing by Alfie and his family by letting him go to Huddersfield. However, that empathy should not extend to accepting a lower offer from them than Brum are prepared to pay. In that scenario our club just has to come first. 
  • Options
    If you think and expect at the same time, it disappoints me that a super wordsmith like dear Rich Cawley hasn’t created a new word for it.
    Like ‘exink’ or ‘thinpect’.
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Scoham said:

Depends how far we are in reality with the Adahme and Godden deals