Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• Options
    PopIcon said:
    PopIcon said:
    CoveredEndAndy said:

If you are using pro-rata to win your argument then Ahadma who we are rumoured to be after scored 11 in 19 games last season, so hes a perfect replacement for Alfie, he would of scored 26,  

PopIcon said:
    I posted this on the Alfie May thread yesterday, but i thought i'd share it again here.

Charlton don't do promotions without a goal scorer, it's a fact. To move May on without a proven goal scorer coming in lacks ambition and we are right to question Jones and the owners.

28/29 - Fred Whitlow 26
    34/35 - Ralph Alan 33
    35/36 - Harrold Hobbis 23
    74/75 - Derek Hales 21
    80/81 - Derek Hales 23
    85/85 - Jimmy Melrose* (pro-rata) 20
    97/98 - Clive Mendonca 28
    99/00 - Andy Hunt 25
    11/12 - Bradley Wright-Phillips 22
    18/19 - Lyle Taylor 25

*Melrose's debut was on the 29th of March against Millwall in a 2-2 draw at the Draw  

I'm not using pro-rata to win an argument, just facts.

Melrose scored 17 goals the following season for Charlton. In the league above and against much harder opposition. He was a proven goal scorer.

I'm telling you now, Charlton won't go up without a 20+ goal scorer.
    You sound like me.

However, for me it goes deeper. Its not just about losing our top goalscorer but it's the fact we still need to sign a number of players that can score from midfield as well as create a number of chances for others. Last season we had neither. I realise we signed Berry but we need more than just one new midfielder.

Until I see 3 or 4 of these I fear we are in for another disappointing season. 
    I sound you, Golfie? 

@AFKABartram please remove me from the forum with an immediate life ban.
    Nah...there's only one Golfie...🤦‍♂️
    And in his own words there will be zero Golfie’s once Alfie is sold.

So someone will need to fill the vacuum. 
    So, shall we take that as your application for the post of Golfie2
  • Options
    If Birmingham are on the scene with May, surely it would be in our interests to tell them that we have agreed a fee with Huddersfield and to consider a fee from them it would have to be higher.
    You're Andy Scott aren't you? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    For what it's worth... I think Alfies worth no more than 800k. If he's worth 3mil, I must be worth at least a McDs triple cheeseburger.
  • Options
    For what it's worth... I think Alfies worth no more than 800k. If he's worth 3mil, I must be worth at least a McDs triple cheeseburger.
    Don't put yourself down....at least a big mac! 
  • Options
    Alfie may less than £1 million are we serious? Jesus Christ I thought he’d be going for at least 3 million.
    3 mill for 31 year old who has one year left on contract and not played at a higher then league one mid table ….. 1 mill excellent price 

• Options
    Sauce?
  • Options
    edited June 29
    Sauce?
    Big Mac secret sauce!🤫
  • Options
    Alfie may less than £1 million are we serious? Jesus Christ I thought he’d be going for at least 3 million.
    3 mill for 31 year old who has one year left on contract and not played at a higher then league one mid table ….. 1 mill excellent price 

He’s effectively got two years as we have an option for an extra year.
    Yes, but don’t let facts get in the way of Ronald’s made up stories please 
  • Options
    One Huddersfield fan’s view

He’s in denial, they’re all getting very stressed bless ‘em…😏
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    DA9 said:
    One Huddersfield fan’s view

He’s in denial, they’re all getting very stressed bless ‘em…😏
    Unlike on here where it’s a picture of serenity, togetherness and respect for each others views 
    Of course...🤷‍♂️
  • Options
    So, once the dust has settled and May is plying his trade elsewhere and scoring the winner against us and condemning us to another campaign in L1. Will we ever get the truth behind his leaving?

Will Jones or the SMT be asked to explain their reasoning, tell the truth? Or will it be the party line?
    It’s a team game. 
  • Options
    Surely a guy who regularly scores 20+ goals in this division is worth more than 800k, should be at least 1.2m i think. Forget his age as well, he's 32 not 39, so hardly past it.
    its exactly the same as last year, why could we buy him for 250k, why do champ clubs not want him, maybe he has attitude problem not jones.
  • Options
    Surely a guy who regularly scores 20+ goals in this division is worth more than 800k, should be at least 1.2m i think. Forget his age as well, he's 32 not 39, so hardly past it.
    He’s 31 this Wednesday. So is Aneke 
  • Options
    So, once the dust has settled and May is plying his trade elsewhere and scoring the winner against us and condemning us to another campaign in L1. Will we ever get the truth behind his leaving?

Will Jones or the SMT be asked to explain their reasoning, tell the truth? Or will it be the party line?
    Jones don't think he fits his teams playing style. Thats it!
  • Options
    edited June 30

People will believe what suits their own narrative with the opposing view being happy clapper/ negative/ not proper Charlton/ paid for pr