Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• Options
    Davo55 said:
    Can’t blame him, if those numbers are correct then he will clear a million pounds after tax over next 3 years. Don’t forget he has spent his whole career in the lower leagues and won’t have earned good money for most of it.
    Can’t blame him - agreed.

But still think selling a guaranteed 20+ goals a season striker is a massive gamble and if that doesn’t work out I’ll certainly be blaming the SMT and Jones. 

And all that guff about being with his family in Yorkshire looks like a load of bollocks now. 
    Nothing to do with the owners jones makes the decisions , he would not score 20 goals sitting on the bench 

… Alfie May was prepared to stay at Charlton Athletic this summer but was essentially eased out of the door by manager Nathan Jones, 
  • Options
    Davo55 said:
    Can’t blame him, if those numbers are correct then he will clear a million pounds after tax over next 3 years. Don’t forget he has spent his whole career in the lower leagues and won’t have earned good money for most of it.

But still think selling a guaranteed 20+ goals a season striker is a massive gamble and if that doesn’t work out I’ll certainly be blaming the SMT and Jones. 

And all that guff about being with his family in Yorkshire looks like a load of bollocks now. 
    Nothing to do with the owners jones makes the decisions , he would not score 20 goals sitting on the bench 

… Alfie May was prepared to stay at Charlton Athletic this summer but was essentially eased out of the door by manager Nathan Jones, 
    If our budget was 800k higher then May would probably be staying. Jones has probably looked at the budget and thought that selling May to bring a couple extra in would be worth it. It’s jones decision but the budget is set by the owners 
  • Options
    Hal1x said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    Connick would be an excellent signing , Bristol City have just brought in a 6ft 4 French striker so that could free up Connick if the wages work. 
    Does Harry Connick JR play football as well?
    He's not as good as that Italian boy, Sinatra.
    He’s more mobile
  • Options
    Ipswich will lose Ahadme on a free if he doesn't get sold this season. They've got to be joking asking for £1 mil. Wouldn't surprise me if they don't settle on a bid til the end of the window, though. 
  • Options
    cafc_se7 said:
    Fair play to Alfie. Can't dispute his record, but if a young striker with potential comes in then I can kind of understand cashing in. I think some of us are being very short sighted here to be honest.
    Personally i'd rather keep the striker who guarantees you 20+ goals than sign a young striker with potential.
    I would like both
  • Options
    cafc_se7 said:
    Fair play to Alfie. Can't dispute his record, but if a young striker with potential comes in then I can kind of understand cashing in. I think some of us are being very short sighted here to be honest.
    Personally i'd rather keep the striker who guarantees you 20+ goals than sign a young striker with potential.
    Same here.
    We already have young strikers with potential. 
  • Options
    cafc4life said:
    May choosing Brum over Huddersfield could have a massive impact on their current 37484 game unbeaten run coming to an end 
    I remember that game that ended their unbeaten run. 2-0 at The Valley I think it was. How many games unbeaten were they again? 38 or something. 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    cafc4life said:
    May choosing Brum over Huddersfield could have a massive impact on their current 37484 game unbeaten run coming to an end 
    I remember that game that ended their unbeaten run. 2-0 at The Valley I think it was. How many games unbeaten were they again? 38 or something. 

43 I think 😂
  • Options
    Davo55 said:

I would suggest it was probably true.
    He could have definitely lived with his family and commuted to Hudds.
    But if Brum come in and offer to double your wages for the next (probably your last) 3 years I think the majority would take that offer and try and make the logistics work as best as possible,
  • Options
    cafc4life said:

I remember some nasty Charlton fans singing about where Hudds could stick their record
  • Options
    May, Dobson and CBT all sold in the space of 6 months. Are we still browsing in Waitrose?
    Window shopping
  • Options
    So now the football world we live in knows we’re absolutely desperate for a striker or two. Thats the clubs, agents and players. The prices and player expectations just went north.
    I would imagine that we have already got one striker in Shooters, we need another one for sure though. 
  • Options
    NabySarr said:
    Davo55 said:

If our budget was 800k higher then May would probably be staying. Jones has probably looked at the budget and thought that selling May to bring a couple extra in would be worth it. It’s jones decision but the budget is set by the owners 
    As I said quite recently.
  • Options
    MrBurns said:
    It's hard not to be disappointed by this club. Without May last season we would be a league two club. 
    I thought it was Nathan Jones that saved us from L2 :smile:
    We'll soon find out.
  • Options
    CBT sold, Dobson no deal agreed and left, May being sold.

Leaburn, Small and Z.Mitchell all in the last year of their contracts with no new ones agreed.

What does Andy Scott actually do to fill his time up I wonder.
    You forgot Chuks being in the last year of his deal, I bet Andy Scott is talking to his surgeons as we speak. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oh well, at least we might get Ahadme, who scored twice against *checks* Michael Hector and Terrell Thomas. Wow, what a replacement
  • Options
    I'm so glad we have owners with money & serious ambitions....so much so we dont have to sell our best players & can recruit meaningfully and with purpose. 
    We do if the manager would prefer alternative players and probably use the cash, raised by Mays sale, to buy who he wants. We shall see.
  • Options
    cafc4life said:

I remember some nasty Charlton fans singing about where Hudds could stick their record
    Where was that?