Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• Options
    Croydon said:
    Leuth said:
    Call this cope or whatever but May is not a 'guaranteed' 20-goal striker. Three seasons running doesn't 'guarantee' a fourth. Also, he just isn't our best player (Leaburn probably is) 
    Never known anyone to have as consistently bad football takes as you. It's impressive.

Its called attention seeking.
  • Options
    cafc4life said:
    May choosing Brum over Huddersfield could have a massive impact on their current 37484 game unbeaten run coming to an end 
    I remember that game that ended their unbeaten run. 2-0 at The Valley I think it was. How many games unbeaten were they again? 38 or something. 

I remember some nasty Charlton fans singing about where Hudds could stick their record
    Where was that?
    I think it was physically difficult, if not impossible, but in any case ladies read this site so I shall not repeat the remarks
  • Options
    cafc4life said:
    May choosing Brum over Huddersfield could have a massive impact on their current 37484 game unbeaten run coming to an end 
    I remember that game that ended their unbeaten run. 2-0 at The Valley I think it was. How many games unbeaten were they again? 38 or something. 

I remember some nasty Charlton fans singing about where Hudds could stick their record
    Where was that?
    Probably at the Valley.  :):smile:
  • Options
    Not sure if he’s reliable…
    Big blow to Hudds, guarantees goals, Birmingham wiling to pay big bucks. But Nathan knows best...
  • Options
    Jones really has put his stall out by saying 'People will look at the squad and say it's stronger' with this decision. Even if he did manage to convince Cornick to take a cut, I'm not convinced as a like for like in for May our squad is stronger. Praying for a week of good activity cause all we want is to feel optimistic about the coming season and management are surely not dense enough to understand that this is likely to be unwelcome announcement to most Addicks.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Call this cope or whatever but May is not a 'guaranteed' 20-goal striker. Three seasons running doesn't 'guarantee' a fourth. Also, he just isn't our best player (Leaburn probably is) 
    I'd rather call it crap
  • Options
    cafc4life said:

Lee Clark wasn't happy, there again I've never seen Lee Clark happy.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cafc_se7 said:
    Fair play to Alfie. Can't dispute his record, but if a young striker with potential comes in then I can kind of understand cashing in. I think some of us are being very short sighted here to be honest.
    Isn't this the kind of model that Peterborough do when it comes to strikers? not saying I have faith in the club to replace May with a younger version scoring 20+ goals next season while making a profit and personally think it's madness to sell to a promotion rival but I just hope we don't sell before we have his replacement in first.
    When his replace comes in he will be someone who is not on the radar and also no one has mentioned on here. 

Youngster from Europe or European connections.

• Options
    DDOUBLEE said:
    Jones says we have been bold and aggressive in this transfer window.  Dobson and May gone. A reserve keeper, reserve LB, a CB and a midfielder signed. 

Imagine if we were not bold and aggressive!
    I hope the window gets better and quick because so far, it is as crap as usual.
    But we've got to trust Jones...or something
    What’s the alternative?
  • Options
    Sir_Clive said:
    He’s almost certainly mentioned somewhere on the thread, but talking to some Derby fans at the weekend - James Collins has turned down a contract at Derby, another with the obvious link.
    He’s signed a new deal according to FootyInsider
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Nathan may be talking bollocks...
  • Options
    So now the football world we live in knows we’re absolutely desperate for a striker or two. Thats the clubs, agents and players. The prices and player expectations just went north.
    Unless of course we already have a couple of deals done and dusted and ready to go.
    It’s what I’d hope but not necessarily what I’ve heard.
  • Options
    So now the football world we live in knows we’re absolutely desperate for a striker or two. Thats the clubs, agents and players. The prices and player expectations just went north.
    Unless of course we already have a couple of deals done and dusted and ready to go.
    I thought it was said at the end of last week that there was 2 very very close.
  • Options
    edited July 1
    Yann897 said:
    I thought it was said at the end of last week that there was 2 very very close.
    It’s never done until it’s done. I think both are now further away than they were a week or so ago.
  • Options
    Jones says we have been bold and aggressive in this transfer window.  Dobson and May gone. A reserve keeper, reserve LB, a CB and a midfielder signed. 

Exactly, we need 5/6 top quality signings or this season will be the same as the last few. A new spine of the team and most of that is needed in the next week or so…
  • Options
    DDOUBLEE said:

But we've got to trust Jones...or something
    What’s the alternative?
    Dont worry, give it until January and we'll probably find out.

We'll probably be in mid-table, we'll start seeing posts on here saying that Jones should go, which'll eventually be echoed from the stands.

He'll get sacked, and then we'll be right back here again in the summer, because failing to back the Manager the last 4-years has worked so well - Rinse and repeat. Wont ever be the fans fault though, even though the actions behind sacking the Manager will be as a result of the fans voting with their feet.
    ?