Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• Options
    Croydon said:
    DDOUBLEE said:
    Jones says we have been bold and aggressive in this transfer window.  Dobson and May gone. A reserve keeper, reserve LB, a CB and a midfielder signed. 

Imagine if we were not bold and aggressive!
    I hope the window gets better and quick because so far, it is as crap as usual.
    But we've got to trust Jones...or something
    What’s the alternative?
    Dont worry, give it until January and we'll probably find out.

We'll probably be in mid-table, we'll start seeing posts on here saying that Jones should go, which'll eventually be echoed from the stands.

He'll get sacked, and then we'll be right back here again in the summer, because failing to back the Manager the last 4-years has worked so well - Rinse and repeat. Wont ever be the fans fault though, even though the actions behind sacking the Manager will be as a result of the fans voting with their feet.
    ?
    lol!... Knew that would be popular... Fans are never faultless.

I mean if we suddenly start to get endless calls every week of: "Jones out" thats going to force the owners into a decision isnt it?
  • Options
    Yann897 said:
    So now the football world we live in knows we’re absolutely desperate for a striker or two. Thats the clubs, agents and players. The prices and player expectations just went north.
    Unless of course we already have a couple of deals done and dusted and ready to go.
    It’s what I’d hope but not necessarily what I’ve heard.
    I thought it was said at the end of last week that there was 2 very very close.
    It’s never done until it’s done. I think both are now further away than they were a week or so ago.
    Where have you heard this ?
  • Options
    Hal1x said:
    RoanRedNY said:
    page 214.  Summary - A manager that has failed in his his last 2 jobs, with a record of W4, L2, D10 deserves unwavering 100% support…A team that finished 16th have lost their Captain and Top Scorer. May is not a guaranteed 20 goal a season striker, doing it 3x doesn’t guarantee a 4th.  Anyone who is concerned about the above is a bedwetter or suicidal or frenzied hair on fire alarmists who don’t see the bigger picture.  Meanwhile, reality check, to settle the nerves we have actually signed a reserve GK, a reserve LB, a CH and a 31 year old Midfielder.  With the expectation of another 5/6 signings it doesn’t matter how many “twist yourself into a pretzel” classes I attend, I still have some serious reservations about where we are and what the final picture will look like, but as at today, given where we are, I don't see that the team we could put out now is any better than the one that finished last season, is very short of goals and is certainly not in danger of top half.  Let’s hope the plan comes together, Jones works miracles, we get goals and talent through the door, HMS piss the league is in full sail, with the wind, the valley is buzzing and we are set for Championship football…..but forgive me for my cautious pessimism, but as always time will tell and is often the pudding in which the proof is found. None of us can stand much more of this cringeworthy mediocrity marooned in the dark depths of the football ladder.
    Quite right let's sack the bastard!, perhaps that nice Mr Appleton will come back if we ask him nicely.
    Not what I said at all. Jeez, note to self, some people are hard of reading 
  • Options
    If Jones is calling the shots be worried very worried
    Care to explain?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Up a creek without a paddle
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    Croydon said:
    Swisdom said:
    Swisdom said:
    Yann897 said:
    Swisdom said:
    mendonca said:
    Swisdom said:
    As per The Udders forum;
    "Heard May will be on 11k a week at Birmingham, can’t compete with that, should have gotten the deal over the line sooner"...
    Sounds like a good offer from Brum...if true...🤷‍♂️
    Once we'd accepted an offer from him his mind was made up to leave so it was clearly then going to be about money.  Short career and all that.  If he can pick up half a million a year for a couple of years he goes a long way towards securing his future I guess.
    Accepted an offer from him, or for him? 

One letter (then rearranged) can make quite a difference here! 
    We received an offer For him.  My mistake. 
    Give us some good news @Swisdom we need some good signings in now , you must know something.
    All I know is I'm going to have a new neighbour.

Deathly silent on the rumour front.  The club have worked hard to keep everything under wraps.  I know we were keen on Etete, Ahadme, Davies.  We did look at Lolos formerly of Crawley but we went off him fairly quickly.
    There's a trialist over from Mount Pleasant apparently but no idea who that is
    And one other mystery player who has a lot of rave reviews but who is very raw at the moment.  I'm sworn to secrecy on him so as not to jeopardise anything but I wouldn't think he's necessarily lined up as a starter just yet anyway.
    Call me cynical, but that is the most Charlton transfer rumour mill possible.

I am going to assume, we went off him because Bolton were interested and he would rather have gone there? That's usually what happens unless it's outside football reasons I.e. they want to live nearer family.

A trialist from Mount Pleasant, who let's be honest, likely won't be good enough to make an immediate impact, and then a mystery player that won't start, when we already have talented players that shouldn't quite be starting anyway, along with selling our best player. 

Just have to laugh sometimes. 
    The signings so far have all come from nowhere so nothing to say there aren’t a few more up the sleeve.

the “other player” - if he joins -  might settle really quickly and go straight into the team.  He’s an unknown quantity at this time but I’ve heard good stuff about him so he could be a real coup

No they haven't? We'd known about Mannion, Mitchell and Edwards for weeks before they were announced officially. 

You then contradict yourself in your second paragraph, because you've heard good things about the unknown quantity, who would also be a real coup to sign. Which one is it? 😂

Before signing for us those guys were not on anyone’s radar.  I only knew about Berry because Alfie told me at the end of the season because he was pissed off)   That one aside we’re keeping stuff in house until it’s done.  Nathan confirmed this last week.

I don’t just watch football from league 1, I talk to football people all over the world every day and I do my own research.  This guy is raw but is very highly thought of where he currently plays.  He could be a load of turnip or he could rip teams to shreds.  We just don’t know right now.
     So there’s no contradiction.  hes not known here, but I’m told he is very exciting and very good and the limited footage I’ve seen suggests potential.  If we sign him we’ll see for ourselves but he could be a coup.  A bit of a low risk punt
    I know you obviously want to keep this Incognito for obvious reasons but you have me curious now but the way you make this player sound so obscure so, all I ask if possible, is this a domestic player or a foreign player?
  • Options
    edited July 1
    Croydon said:
    DDOUBLEE said:
    Jones says we have been bold and aggressive in this transfer window.  Dobson and May gone. A reserve keeper, reserve LB, a CB and a midfielder signed. 

But we've got to trust Jones...or something
    What’s the alternative?
    Dont worry, give it until January and we'll probably find out.

We'll probably be in mid-table, we'll start seeing posts on here saying that Jones should go, which'll eventually be echoed from the stands.

He'll get sacked, and then we'll be right back here again in the summer, because failing to back the Manager the last 4-years has worked so well - Rinse and repeat. Wont ever be the fans fault though, even though the actions behind sacking the Manager will be as a result of the fans voting with their feet.
    ?
    lol!... Knew that would be popular... Fans are never faultless.

I mean if we suddenly start to get endless calls every week of: "Jones out" thats going to force the owners into a decision isnt it?
    Yeah, dont disagree with that point, but I don't think you can blame previous managers being sacked on fans. Holden and Appleton were just poor appointments.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Scoham said:
    Swisdom said:
    Croydon said:
    Swisdom said:
    Swisdom said:
    Yann897 said:
    Swisdom said:
    mendonca said:
    Swisdom said:
    As per The Udders forum;
    "Heard May will be on 11k a week at Birmingham, can’t compete with that, should have gotten the deal over the line sooner"...
    Sounds like a good offer from Brum...if true...🤷‍♂️
    Once we'd accepted an offer from him his mind was made up to leave so it was clearly then going to be about money.  Short career and all that.  If he can pick up half a million a year for a couple of years he goes a long way towards securing his future I guess.
    Accepted an offer from him, or for him? 

One letter (then rearranged) can make quite a difference here! 
    We received an offer For him.  My mistake. 
    Give us some good news @Swisdom we need some good signings in now , you must know something.
    All I know is I'm going to have a new neighbour.

Deathly silent on the rumour front.  The club have worked hard to keep everything under wraps.  I know we were keen on Etete, Ahadme, Davies.  We did look at Lolos formerly of Crawley but we went off him fairly quickly.
    There's a trialist over from Mount Pleasant apparently but no idea who that is
    And one other mystery player who has a lot of rave reviews but who is very raw at the moment.  I'm sworn to secrecy on him so as not to jeopardise anything but I wouldn't think he's necessarily lined up as a starter just yet anyway.
    Call me cynical, but that is the most Charlton transfer rumour mill possible.

I am going to assume, we went off him because Bolton were interested and he would rather have gone there? That's usually what happens unless it's outside football reasons I.e. they want to live nearer family.

A trialist from Mount Pleasant, who let's be honest, likely won't be good enough to make an immediate impact, and then a mystery player that won't start, when we already have talented players that shouldn't quite be starting anyway, along with selling our best player. 

Just have to laugh sometimes. 
    The signings so far have all come from nowhere so nothing to say there aren’t a few more up the sleeve.

the “other player” - if he joins -  might settle really quickly and go straight into the team.  He’s an unknown quantity at this time but I’ve heard good stuff about him so he could be a real coup

No they haven't? We'd known about Mannion, Mitchell and Edwards for weeks before they were announced officially. 

You then contradict yourself in your second paragraph, because you've heard good things about the unknown quantity, who would also be a real coup to sign. Which one is it? 😂

Before signing for us those guys were not on anyone’s radar.  I only knew about Berry because Alfie told me at the end of the season because he was pissed off)   That one aside we’re keeping stuff in house until it’s done.  Nathan confirmed this last week.

I don’t just watch football from league 1, I talk to football people all over the world every day and I do my own research.  This guy is raw but is very highly thought of where he currently plays.  He could be a load of turnip or he could rip teams to shreds.  We just don’t know right now.
     So there’s no contradiction.  hes not known here, but I’m told he is very exciting and very good and the limited footage I’ve seen suggests potential.  If we sign him we’ll see for ourselves but he could be a coup.  A bit of a low risk punt
    All four (Mitchell included) were linked with us, even if only in the SLP a while before the club announced them.

It wouldn’t surprise anyone if we signed any of Godden, Etete, Ahadme or Davies.

No doubt they’ll be working on potentially signing players not named yet, but I doubt there will be many signings this summer where we don’t hear rumours some time before they’re confirmed. It’s what’s happened with every signing so far.
    But were all four linked after they were signed but not announced by the club? We dont & won’t know
    as I say Berry was highly likely to be coming to us in late April but we had to wait for the season to end, then holidays to be taken etc and it was finally announced some time later but I’m pretty sure it was buttoned up well in advance of the announcement (
    hence the out-of-date berries in his announcement)

The names often get leaked once it’s effectively a done deal - it’s not a scoop.
    i dont know why it happens this way - presumably all a part of the poker matches these clubs try to play and not show their hand too early.  
    I believe Nathan when he said the players we have gone for were wanted by other clubs and I’m sure there are others - but the fact is 4 (so far) chose to come to us so I’d like to think we aren’t regarded as a complete basket case just yet
  • Options
    Been out at a forest alight all afternoon and now back at home I turn on Charlton Life, loads of posts, no signings and lots of sniping.  Normal day.  Might have another shower.
  • Options
    Wonder if it’s taking a little longer so we can get one or two over the line like Rich had said before.
  • Options

Number of bids in ..window don’t shut till end of August 
  • Options
    Here's another wild take to get 20 LOLs or whatever. If Leaburn had stayed fit, Appleton would still be our coach now. This is no claim for Appleton being any good, btw, but Leaburn's one of the biggest difference-makes we've had in a very long time and there'd have been more games like Wigan away where he basically destroyed them for 75 minutes. Basically, a chea-