Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• Options
    Bugger, bollocks.
  • Options
    DDOUBLEE said:
    Jones says we have been bold and aggressive in this transfer window.  Dobson and May gone. A reserve keeper, reserve LB, a CB and a midfielder signed. 

Imagine if we were not bold and aggressive!
    I hope the window gets better and quick because so far, it is as crap as usual.
    But we've got to trust Jones...or something
    What’s the alternative?
    Dont worry, give it until January and we'll probably find out.

We'll probably be in mid-table, we'll start seeing posts on here saying that Jones should go, which'll eventually be echoed from the stands.

He'll get sacked, and then we'll be right back here again in the summer, because failing to back the Manager the last 4-years has worked so well - Rinse and repeat. Wont ever be the fans fault though, even though the actions behind sacking the Manager will be as a result of the fans voting with their feet.
    This didn’t get likes because it’s the truth.

Watch for the first “In Jones we trust” change tune.
  • Options
    cafc_se7 said:
    Fair play to Alfie. Can't dispute his record, but if a young striker with potential comes in then I can kind of understand cashing in. I think some of us are being very short sighted here to be honest.
    Isn't this the kind of model that Peterborough do when it comes to strikers? not saying I have faith in the club to replace May with a younger version scoring 20+ goals next season while making a profit and personally think it's madness to sell to a promotion rival but I just hope we don't sell before we have his replacement in first.
    When his replace comes in he will be someone who is not on the radar and also no one has mentioned on here. 

Youngster from Europe or European connections.

Polish Pete ? Apparently has unfinished business in SE7
  • Options
    There is a saying, usually now misquoted by among others Andy Scott, that the proof of the pudding is in the eating.

The proof is NOT in the effing pudding.

The proof ie the test, isn't in the process of making or baking the cake but in its final use, ie when it is consumed. 

Right now the cake is still being mixed.  Four new ingredients, players, have been added and some other ingredients discarded.  But the mix isn't finished and more ingredients are being sought.

The baker has done well at other bakeries but he has yet to prove himself fully at the La Vallee Patisserie.

Right now, the cake mix doesn't look right and certainly not ready to eat but there is still some more cooking to be done.

Come 10 August we can all tuck into the first slice and see how it has turned out.  Till then, it's too early to say it has or hasn't risen.

(this metaphor is now going for a lie down in a dark room)
    Henry Irving goes all Fanny Craddock on us
  • Options
    Blades fans seem massively underwhelmed on their forum, panicking that he is going to be number 1.
  • Options
    Darren Randolph perhaps?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Let’s be honest, Sheffield Utd having just been relegated from the premier league would always have offered more than us. It’s just a question of if he wanted first team football more. Money usually wins. 

This really does seem like the keeper the club wanted though, so it may be a bit of a blow to them. As above though. Jenson would be a great signing. Can’t think he’d be much off the fee we got for May though.
  • Options
    I got a message yesterday saying we're in for Joe Lumley from Southampton. I thought it was bull as I thought we were going to sign Davies but maybe it's true. Unreliable source to be honest but thought I'd share. 
    Loved her in Ab Fab, but she fails the height test (1.73m). It a no darling from me.
  • Options
    Yann897 said:
    CafcSCP said:
    2 weeks into the window and while it’s not the fastest start to a window the level of panic is unbelievable.
    Mitchell and Berry look like cracking signings, Edwards and Mannion, could yet turn out to be great.
    Nobody wants to see the top scorer go but it’s going to happen.
    Move on and hope we get the deals done that we need 

Don’t think it’s panic but when your manager says on numerous occasions that he wants his squad in place for the start of pre season, maybe just one or two off that, then we are a million miles from that and to boot have now just sold May. I’m not panicking yet but I’m mightily concerned.

We have seen in the last four/five seasons what impact late recruitment can have. We need to hit the ground running and to do that the squad needs pre season to gel and take onboard what NJ wants to do. League One is going to be a lot tougher than it was last year and seemingly a few teams are willing to spend relatively big (Brum, Hudds, Bolton to name three) and we are already starting from a very low base. I trust NJ but I’m not sure I trust the SMT/Owners to back him sufficiently.
    We’re not a million miles away, we want 5 signings I’m guessing 6 with May going , there’s still 2 months to go of the window and over a month until the first game.
    If I had £1 every time this is trotted out & subsequently on Sept 1st our squad is half baked & injured then I could buy Alfie May myself !!
    And if I had £1 every time you say, "I'm done", I could probably buy the Valley!!
  • Options
    Major said:
    Yann897 said:
    CafcSCP said:
    2 weeks into the window and while it’s not the fastest start to a window the level of panic is unbelievable.
    Mitchell and Berry look like cracking signings, Edwards and Mannion, could yet turn out to be great.

Don’t think it’s panic but when your manager says on numerous occasions that he wants his squad in place for the start of pre season, maybe just one or two off that, then we are a million miles from that and to boot have now just sold May. I’m not panicking yet but I’m mightily concerned.

We have seen in the last four/five seasons what impact late recruitment can have. We need to hit the ground running and to do that the squad needs pre season to gel and take onboard what NJ wants to do. League One is going to be a lot tougher than it was last year and seemingly a few teams are willing to spend relatively big (Brum, Hudds, Bolton to name three) and we are already starting from a very low base. I trust NJ but I’m not sure I trust the SMT/Owners to back him sufficiently.
    We’re not a million miles away, we want 5 signings I’m guessing 6 with May going , there’s still 2 months to go of the window and over a month until the first game.
    If I had £1 every time this is trotted out & subsequently on Sept 1st our squad is half baked & injured then I could buy Alfie May myself !!
    And if I had £1 every time you say, "I'm done", I could probably buy the Valley!!
    I think I've only said it twice.

But you carry on trolling my friend. 
  • Options
    Jones says we have been bold and aggressive in this transfer window.  Dobson and May gone. A reserve keeper, reserve LB, a CB and a midfielder signed. 

Imagine if we were not bold and aggressive!
    I hope the window gets better and quick because so far, it is as crap as usual.
    I fear the bold and aggressive line was about us trying to sign players who are actually holding out to sign for championship sides. So we'll either sign them at end of window or worse case scenario not sign them at all. 
  • Options
    I assume his wages would be crazy now but maybe a loan possibility on subsidised wages if he has no chance of making the Burnley team.... Lawrence Vigouroux? 
    Both Muric and Trafford have been linked with moves away this summer, so LV will possibly end up as their number 2 so i doubt they'll be willing to let him leave.
  • Options
    While we’re talking to Coventry about Godden, make it a two for one and we’ll have Ben Wilson the goalkeeper as well..?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Check out A C A Football Partners which are part of our ownership,just maybe it might be of interest.

Or maybe it’s just me .
  • Options
    Check out A C A Football Partners which are part of our ownership,just maybe it might be of interest.

Or maybe it’s just me .
    The coming soon part?

https://acafp.com/
  • Options
    Tough to sell prospective signings on “the project” when they see us selling someone like Alfie May to another team in League One. May be a factor in them turning us down. 
    Sure they will know the  reasons behind it .. players don’t care about stuff like that as long as they security for there family and a good wage ..would you not take a job if you knew someone had been sacked ..NO .. 
  • Options
    Don’t get the over reaction cause a GK has  stayed at his club .. we can pick an experienced keeper up anytime between now and end of the window , plus until we see either Isted or AMB leave we don’t need 4 keepers 
  • Options

Or maybe it’s just me .
    The coming soon part?

https://acafp.com/
    More concerned over the KMSK concern and connections.

Sure other people have known about this since last July .
    its just concerning.   Japan and Belgium working together,seen it before somewhere.
  • Options
    supaclive said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Bit on Davies.. So he had agreed a deal to sign for us, but then for the last 10 days, he was meant to come down to complete medical and sign the contract, but every day another excuse, then late last week, he said other opportunities haver come to light, and want to explore, then asked for more money.. He well and truly f****d us about.. We move on.. It is now silly season, will be a lot of agreements but don't progress.. But that is the football industry for you.. 
    Goalkeeper number 4 is important but can we also focus on a fit striker to play alongside Kanu please.

Knowing we need at least 2 more and nobody appears close. 

Jones said 6 more.  We've just lost the best goalscorer in League One.

Does this club not learn?

Midfield and defence needs to be our focus to be honest.. Kanu won't be first choice..

Godden sounds like it is as good as done.
  • Options
    CafcSCP said:

May getting announced on Wednesday .. 
    Happy Birthday Alfie