Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• Hal1x said:
    Another penalty taker n'all
    Ideal for the penalty shootouts  during our giant-slaying cup run

• Makes sense to spread the announcements 
  • FAVADDICK said:

Interesting one. Has dual citizenship. Portuguese and Canadian. Has played for Portugal at U16 and U17 and Canada at U20. Fits the profile for the "wildcard" who had been. Mentioned earlier in the week.
    The new Bradley Pritchard ..... ?

• Swisdom said:
    fenaddick said:
    Isn't it a Jamaican from the Mount Pleasant partnership that we're close to signing as well, going by the comments from the owners? - I thought that was the one Swisdom was raving about?
    No Swisdom said there was one from Mount Pleasant and another I believe
    We are keen on someone who is not from the Mount Pleasant academy but we are not the only ones keen.  We do hopefully have a slight advantage on some teams.  I'm not going to get too excited but if we do sign him it could be a wild ride

Not seen anything of Costa so will try to take a look tomorrow
    Ashley Rollercoaster ???
  • edited July 3
    Tom  Imperial Leather bubbleworks
  • edited July 3
    If I was to guess the rest of the signings

GK,CB,CM,CAM. 

Out : Isted,AMB,Ness, Edun, Asiimwe (loan),Henry,Fraser (mutual termination late in the window), Mbick (Loan),Casey (Loan), Rylah (Loan)
  • Sponsored links:

• Scoham said:
    Understandable but also worrying.

To me that sounds like they’ve run out of the initial targets they agreed they’d be happy with (at this stage) and waiting until someone better becomes available later in the window.

Maybe a Jed Steer / Declan Rudd type loan late in the window?
    Maybe Christian Walton?
  • sam3110 said:
    Interesting to see people's responses to the projected Ahadme fee. Lots of concern that £1m is too high but surely that should also put to bed some posters' fears that the owners aren't willing to pay what they need to? At the very least it should tell people that Nathan Jones is being properly backed by these owners to a pretty extensive degree, which can only be a good thing
    "Spend the money"

"No not on him!"
    I was literally just waiting for you to pop up with that. So if we’re being repetitive, I’ll say what I always say. ‘Spend the money’ ‘Not on him’ can be a perfectly logical position. Same as ‘Sign a striker’ ‘Not that one’. 
  • edited July 3
    Get Ahadme in and we only need 5 more imo (I know that is one more than NJ said though). Ideally a keeper, 2x CBs and 2x midfielders.
    I think we’re looking at 1 CB rather than 2 but otherwise agree.

Agree with you, I would just prefer 2 as with the exception of A Mitchell I am not that keen on the others!  REG and Jones are ok as back up; Gillesphy not for me and I suspect Ness will be sold.
  • Get Ahadme in and we only need 5 more imo (I know that is one more than NJ said though). Ideally a keeper, 2x CBs and 2x midfielders.
    I think we’re looking at 1 CB rather than 2 but otherwise agree.

Agree with you, I would just prefer 2 as with the exception of A Mitchell I am not that keen on the others!  REG and Jones are ok as back up; Gillesphy not for me and I suspect Ness will be sold.
    I get the impression Edwards might play some games there and I suspect we’ll also have a closer look at Zach in pre season.
  • Swisdom said:
    fenaddick said:
    Isn't it a Jamaican from the Mount Pleasant partnership that we're close to signing as well, going by the comments from the owners? - I thought that was the one Swisdom was raving about?
    No Swisdom said there was one from Mount Pleasant and another I believe
    We are keen on someone who is not from the Mount Pleasant academy but we are not the only ones keen.  We do hopefully have a slight advantage on some teams.  I'm not going to get too excited but if we do sign him it could be a wild ride

Not seen anything of Costa so will try to take a look tomorrow
    Can you say what position?
  • ButtleJR said:
    https://youtu.be/GogzjOWDocU?si=_BGoST-WrWHRXqLr

Customary YouTube video of Ahadme 
    His penalty against us was from a foul outside the box.
  • Sponsored links:

• PopIcon said:
    There's not a great deal of width in the squad.
    Think the plan is for wing-backs, so wouldn’t surprise me if TC is the only winger in the squad, he’ll probably play as one of the three in the middle anyway
  • Alfie May 23/24:
    • Total Shots: 147
    • On Target: 36.7%
    • Conversion: 15.6%

Gassan Ahadme 23/24:
    • Total Shots: 56
    • On Target: 41.1%
    • Conversion: 19.6%
    How many goals did he score with his head, from a penalty, with his feet from open play?
  • MarcusH26 said:

GK,CB,CM,CAM. 

Out : Isted,AMB,Ness, Edun, Asiimwe (loan),Henry,Fraser (mutual termination late in the window), Mbick (Loan),Casey (Loan), Rylah (Loan)
    Think thats bang on but we need 1 more striker possibly a loan as we have lost May/Ladapo/Wickham from what we had and only got 2 in.

chuks and leaburn we are unsure on fitness and availability
  • Alfie May 23/24:

Gassan Ahadme 23/24:
    How many goals did he score with his head, from a penalty, with his feet from open play?
  • edited July 3
    Alfie May 23/24:

Gassan Ahadme 23/24:
    Alfie | Ahadme:
    • Penalties: 26.1% (6/23) | 27.3% (3/11)
    • Open Play: 60.9% (14/23) | 45.4% (5/11)
    • Headed: 4.3% (1/23) | 54.5% (6/11)

• MarcusH26 said:

GK,CB,CM,CAM. 

Think thats bang on but we need 1 more striker possibly a loan as we have lost May/Ladapo/Wickham from what we had and only got 2 in.

chuks and leaburn we are unsure on fitness and availability

I'd love another striker just to guard against injuries ideally but not sure if it will happen. If the right player became available on loan late in the window I'd definitely do it. 
  • Alfie May 23/24:

Gassan Ahadme 23/24:
    Alfie | Ahadme:
    • Penalties: 26.1% (6/23) | 27.3% (3/11)
    • Open Play: 60.9% (14/23) | 45.4% (5/11)
    • Headed: 4.3% (1/23) | 54.5% (6/11)

Thanks, that's what I thought.
    Ahadme scored 6 headed goals, 3 penalties and 2 with his feet from close range.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!