Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• Something about to be announced by club 
  • I like the WhatsApp notifications
  • Ahadme announced. I think this is another good signing. COYR
  • Looks decent on paper, given what people have said about him. 

My only concern is he had a bad injury at Ipswich and then had one at Cambridge. 

Fingers crossed he’s over that now. 
  • Rumours thin on the ground at the moment. Do we reckon that's it for now or that there will be 1 or 2 in before the weekend ?
    and as if by magic....... :)
  • No retro shirt big enough for Gassan 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 4
    So we have Gas in the tank...🤦‍♂️
    Now for Dobson and we are almost in top gear...👍
  • Does anyone think we’ll get some incoming loans this year?
  • _MrDick said:
    Does anyone think we’ll get some incoming loans this year?
    I think possibly we could be looking at 2-3 supplementary loans at the end of the window but Jones has publically stated a few times he prefers developing our own players 
  • _MrDick said:
    I think possibly we could be looking at 2-3 supplementary loans at the end of the window but Jones has publically stated a few times he prefers developing our own players 
    I do like that Jones doesn't like to rely on loans but a couple would be worth a punt surely.
  • _MrDick said:

Yep makes sense to try and recruit what you can and then if any real quaility loans come up then go for it.
  • GK, Dobson & a number 10 and we're good to go I would say.
    I thought Berry was the 10?
  • Sponsored links:

• So we have Gas in the tank...🤦‍♂️
    Unless Dobson gets a new agent I would be very surprised if he returns to us. I would love it if he did though!
  • I think loans largely depend on the type of player. If it's late in the window, we haven't managed to sign a couple of targets and there's someone who can come in on loan, fill a gap and improve us, then it'll happen
    Unless Dobson gets a new agent I would be very surprised if he returns to us. I would love it if he did though!
    I'd have thought George would have dumped his agent already after the farce of Hungary...
  • edited July 4
    Hal1x said:
    Well I for one have no complaints with the backing the board have given Jonesy so far!
    Agree. Unusual for us to get in replacements for May before transfer window deadline - really pleased that we did, and both in time for pre-season. I must admit I was gutted to see May leave, but our striking options now (if fit) should cover it. I think much will depend on Leaburn's return from injury and how fit Chuks can stay this year, but striking options (with Kanu as well) looking promising.
  • I think so far our business has been very good.
    like Nathan and the club has echoed there seems to be a plan in place.

We are not signing players for the sake of it and are only finalising transfers if they fit into NJ vision.

I’m glad we’ve brought two strikers in in quick succession.

I was initially unsure of us selling May, but based on the two signings we’ve made I think it’s fair to say that May not being part of NJ plans might not be far from the truth aided with May wanting a move further north to be closer to his family.

I have no idea how this season is going to go but to this point this is the best transfer window we’ve had in a long time and we are not done yet.

this season there is genuine hope that Nathan Jones can produce a promotion winning squad.

@Swisdom will be his new agent and he’ll move him into the house next door 
    I'd have thought George would have dumped his agent already after the farce of Hungary...
    I hope so!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!