Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• I work with a guy who lives next door to Jack Fincham and family. He knows Jacks dad well who is a good friend of Alfie May's dad ( keep up!). Apparently Alfie and NJ don't get on and AM is not happy and wants a move away
    If I was Alfie I wouldn't be too happy with Jones either. Subs him off with 20 to go (and not just once) and has him on throws & corners. 

IF he was sold then that's me done. 
  • May going nowhere .. got a new house hour drive from the training ground he joined a local golf club and he has his family around him .. 

• I work with a guy who lives next door to Jack Fincham and family. He knows Jacks dad well who is a good friend of Alfie May's dad ( keep up!). Apparently Alfie and NJ don't get on and AM is not happy and wants a move away
    If I was Alfie I wouldn't be too happy with Jones either. Subs him off with 20 to go (and not just once) and has him on throws & corners. 

IF he was sold then that's me done. 
    Why players come and go .. if Jones who making the decisions says he not in his plans ( which before people jump all over this he as not said it and like all of us very happy for May to stay ) then that’s down to Jones not the club ..
  • Collecting bits and bobs from the other forum:

- someone seems to believe Alfie May is going to be sold, possibly to Huddersfield to link up with Duff again
    - multiple signings are done and will be announced soon (this week?)
    - cryptic hint given towards a player with dreadlocks
    In the same vein that we get linked with anyone who spent time at Luton with NJ.
  • Sponsored links:

• Who knows if the rumour has any truth to it, but I could see it - jones did seem to sub him a lot 
  • edited June 9
    Absolute Charlton IF they move May on this close season. As fantastical as such a notion is, it is not beyond the realms of the idiocy we have witnessed the last decade, it's going to make a few jumpy.
  • edited June 9
    jams said:
    Who knows if the rumour has any truth to it, but I could see it - jones did seem to sub him a lot 
    If every player who gets subbed off during a game spat out his dummy and demanded a move we would have no-one left, Alfie got subbed for whatever reason🤷‍♂️, who knows why, that's NJ's choice, and players must accept that happens and is part of the game, personally I can not see Alfie leaving and would be as shocked as the next if he did... 
  • Swisdom said:
    May going nowhere .. got a new house hour drive from the training ground he joined a local golf club and he has his family around him .. 

With the exception of thr first bit you're spot on.  I know this because he is my next door neighbour and we often have a chat.

But he hasn't been home since the end of the season.  First they went away to see his wife's family up north, then they've been on a couple of holidays.  His wife and kids got back Friday but I haven't seen him yet.  Maybe playing golf - who knows.  

Last time we spoke (just after the last game) I told him he's not allowed to leave and he said he doesn't want to. 

But things can change
    If he does leave, I’m grassing him up for taking his kids on holiday during term time 
    i dont think you can do that with 3 year olds
    🤣 fair enough 
  • Swisdom said:
    May going nowhere .. got a new house hour drive from the training ground he joined a local golf club and he has his family around him .. 

With the exception of thr first bit you're spot on.  I know this because he is my next door neighbour and we often have a chat.

But he hasn't been home since the end of the season.  First they went away to see his wife's family up north, then they've been on a couple of holidays.  His wife and kids got back Friday but I haven't seen him yet.  Maybe playing golf - who knows.  

Last time we spoke (just after the last game) I told him he's not allowed to leave and he said he doesn't want to. 

But things can change
    He’s in Portugal playing golf 

- someone seems to believe Alfie May is going to be sold, possibly to Huddersfield to link up with Duff again
    This has got to be bollocks. Multiple (to me anyway) means at least 3-4. Why would we have these signings done already but not announced?

This has got to be bollocks. Multiple (to me anyway) means at least 3-4. Why would we have these signings done already but not announced?
    Waiting for the new grass to grow at the valley for photos clearly! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Absolute Charlton IF they move May on this close season. As fantastical as such a notion is, it is not beyond the realms of the idiocy we have witnessed the last decade, it's going to make a few jumpy.
    It will be Jones call no one else .. so how you can lay the blame at the club is unbelievable 
  • Absolute Charlton IF they move May on this close season. As fantastical as such a notion is, it is not beyond the realms of the idiocy we have witnessed the last decade, it's going to make a few jumpy.
    It will be Jones call no one else .. so how you can lay the blame at the club is unbelievable 
    But he isn't going anywhere.
    Jones' call whether he starts him or not but as far as leaving goes, of course there's someone else. Alfie himself.
  • Major said:
    Absolute Charlton IF they move May on this close season. As fantastical as such a notion is, it is not beyond the realms of the idiocy we have witnessed the last decade, it's going to make a few jumpy.
    Jones' call whether he starts him or not but as far as leaving goes, of course there's someone else. Alfie himself.
    He’s 31 and you can only play 2 up front with him in the side .  I wouldn’t be that surprised if we cashed in.  
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!