Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• sam3110 said:
    Sage said:
    Sage said:
    Phillips is a non starter, I also don’t believe that he is the profile of goalkeeper Jones is after.
    You might be right. What profile do you think Jones wants?
    Taller, more commanding, and able to play out quickly. 
    Maybe Deano fancy's getting his gloves on again...kickin' his heels down at Palarse...🙄
    You must have got wires crossed, it's able to play out quickly, not put the ball out of play quickly. 
    If that's the only flaw you can see in my post, I reckon I ain't doing too badly...🙄
  • Sage said:
    wmcf123 said:
    Sage said:
    Sage said:
    Phillips is a non starter, I also don’t believe that he is the profile of goalkeeper Jones is after.
    You might be right. What profile do you think Jones wants?
    Taller, more commanding, and able to play out quickly. 
    I look forward to that in league 1.  In the real world, someone that can save shots would be a good start 
    Ben Hamer, for example, was exactly this and there have been keepers at this level in recent seasons that are exactly the type he’s after.
    I agree - that’s 13 years ago .  
  • PWADDICK said:
    cafc4life said:
    Jones wants a keeper that is actually decent 
    Huge if true
    Massive if factual
  • Who is Hugh Giftrew ?
  • cafc4life said:
    Are you suggesting that our other managers didn't want a decent keeper? I assume when they signed Isted for example, they thought he was decent.
  • cafc4life said:
    Are you suggesting that our other managers didn't want a decent keeper? I assume when they signed Isted for example, they thought he was decent.
    No - I’m saying Phillips wasn’t a very good keeper hence why we won’t be signing him
  • I have it on no particular authority that something of nothing happened today and the slow wheels of progress behind the scenes have been a maelstrom of feverish activity causing expectations to plummit and inexorably soar in equal measure culminating in possibly something to cheer at a later date possibly in June but likely another month yet to be confirmed we are cautious yet expectant relishing a successful close season whilst cautiously suspending hope of a conclusion condusive to a natural and surprising if not expected result.

Charlton Press Release.
    Royal Oak 8/6/24 19.20
  • I have it on no particular authority that something of nothing happened today and the slow wheels of progress behind the scenes have been a maelstrom of feverish activity causing expectations to plummit and inexorably soar in equal measure culminating in possibly something to cheer at a later date possibly in June but likely another month yet to be confirmed we are cautious yet expectant relishing a successful close season whilst cautiously suspending hope of a conclusion condusive to a natural and surprising if not expected result.

Charlton Press Release.
    Royal Oak 8/6/24 19.20
    Thanks for that clear & exciting news soapy, and have another pint & put it on my tab.
    PS. Have they got any decent bitter in yet?
  • Sponsored links:

Charlton Press Release.
    Royal Oak 8/6/24 19.20
    You should go into politics mate...🙄
  • cafc4life said:
    cafc4life said:
    No - I’m saying Phillips wasn’t a very good keeper hence why we won’t be signing him
    Better than any we’ve had since 
  • wmcf123 said:
    cafc4life said:
    cafc4life said:
    Better than any we’ve had since 
    Not a high bar...
  • edited June 8
    Callumcafc said:
    PWADDICK said:
    cafc4life said:
    Huge if true
    Massive if factual
    Important development here, using the Veracity:Dimension scale of measurement.  It’s a positively hugianlargenormassic step forward, and not before time.
  • NabySarr said:
    We’ve actually signed 6 players today, the club just don’t have a Twitter account anymore to announce them 
    If Charlton signs a player but it isn’t announced, is it a signing🤔
  • Distribution by a 'keeper ought to be one of the easiest things to teach in all of football unless the 'keeper is particularly thick. Therefore if you have a good shot stopper you've got most of what you need.
  • NabySarr said:
    We’ve actually signed 6 players today, the club just don’t have a Twitter account anymore to announce them 
    If Charlton signs a player but it isn’t announced, is it a signing🤔
    Schrödinger's signing? 
  • edited June 9
    Collecting bits and bobs from the other forum:

- someone seems to believe Alfie May is going to be sold, possibly to Huddersfield to link up with Duff again
    - multiple signings are done and will be announced soon (this week?)
    - cryptic hint given towards a player with dreadlocks
  • Sponsored links:

• Alfie May one was on a clickbait site
  • I don’t believe May is going to be sold. Having said that it’s very Charlton to not want the league one golden boot winner when you’ve already got him.

I'd hope if we were to sell him it wouldn't be to a league one club!
  • Alfie May ain't going anywhere, he loves it here, and his family are close by him, so let's just bin that one...🙄
  • Collecting bits and bobs from the other forum:

- someone seems to believe Alfie May is going to be sold, possibly to Huddersfield to link up with Duff again
    My favourite one so far this summer.

Honestly mate, I wouldn't give that place any attention. Worse than Nixon and those click bait sites 

Multiple signings are done ? Who comes up with this nonsense. Why would we be announcing it "soon". 

Multiple signings are done ? Who comes up with this nonsense. Why would we be announcing it "soon". 
    Let's see if they are right...
  • I work with a guy who lives next door to Jack Fincham and family. He knows Jacks dad well who is a good friend of Alfie May's dad ( keep up!). Apparently Alfie and NJ don't get on and AM is not happy and wants a move away
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!