Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• Southbank said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    Would expect Berry to play further forward with Coventry as the holder. Then I guess it's either another new signing, Terry Taylor or Anderson next to Berry. Or you could go more attack minded and play Berry with Coventry and an out and out No10. 
    If Coventry is our holding midfielder we are going to need some bloody good centre backs. I saw no evidence last season that he can tackle effectively in front of our penalty area.
    Neither is Berry that player.
    So, we still need a first team goalie, a central defender who can lead and organise, a defensive holding mid and a number 9, as a bare minimum.
    I'm hopeful there will be a lot less need for our holding midfielder to be tackling in front of our penalty area and a lot more high pressing up the pitch allowing him a bit of space to play forward passes. His pass to Kanu for our penalty against Derby is a good example of where he'll fit in if we play the way we're supposed to. Winning the ball back in the middle, him finding space a little deeper to receive and play quick passes up to advancing strikers or wing backs
  • edited June 10
    robroy said:
    Kion Etete seen at the training ground according to the other site. 

Kion Etete - Wikipedia

Played with May at Cheltenham 
    Be disappointing given that May is off, what with him not getting along with Jones ;)

...you naughty man you...🙄
  • robroy said:

Kion Etete - Wikipedia

2024's answer to Omar Bogle
  • or just one that NJ coincidentally has on his radar as well …
  • or just one that NJ coincidentally has on his radar as well …
    Limited number of strikers that are out there and fit the bill and that we can afford. I’d say all of them are on every club similar to us’s radar.
  • To be fair, Etete is a. the kind of big hold the ball up human monstrosity that Jones likes to have and b. the kind of target man that a player like Alfie May benefits from playing alongside so it's not really that surprising that he's still on the list. We would have benefited from having him under Holden or Jones.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 10
    Southbank said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    Would expect Berry to play further forward with Coventry as the holder. Then I guess it's either another new signing, Terry Taylor or Anderson next to Berry. Or you could go more attack minded and play Berry with Coventry and an out and out No10. 
    If Coventry is our holding midfielder we are going to need some bloody good centre backs. I saw no evidence last season that he can tackle effectively in front of our penalty area.
    Neither is Berry that player.
    So, we still need a first team goalie, a central defender who can lead and organise, a defensive holding mid and a number 9, as a bare minimum.
    I'm not sure we would have signed Coventry if Jones was the manager at the time. He doesn't fit the profile. 
  • To be fair, Etete is a. the kind of big hold the ball up human monstrosity that Jones likes to have and b. the kind of target man that a player like Alfie May benefits from playing alongside so it's not really that surprising that he's still on the list. We would have benefited from having him under Holden or Jones.
    Under Appleton too, as we were after Uche Ikpeazu in January, another big target man before he was sacked.
    Agree

Means we'd have two big strikers in Etete and Leaburn and two second strikers in May and Kanu (plus the wild card Aneke, if fit).

Jones wants two players for every position so it makes sense but WIOTOS.
    Add in Tyreece Campbell (who might be used there), plus Casey and Mbick and we’ve got a good crop of strikers/attackers

I think Etete would be a good signing, I was hoping we’d get him last year but I think that was a loan and I’m assuming we are now looking at a permanent deal which is even better given his age 
  • Miles has the pace and skill to play alongside a big lump too. 
    True and Etete maybe more than a big lump himself.

Playing Miles, Chuks and Etete might to deemed cruel to defenders, though
  • If true, Etete would be an excellent addition. Not the kind of numbers that get the pulse racing but he’s only 22 and playing at Championship level. 

He has the profile. A bit of good coaching and he could be the next striker that every EFL team wants.
    " A bit of good coaching " he ain't getting that here is he
  • Swisdom said:
    Just because he’s a big boy doesn’t mean Miles is a target man.  His feet make him soooooo much more than that.

Etete was at Spurs for 3 years so clearly has something about him.  At 22 he needs a breakthrough year but has an absolute stack of potential.  He’d cost money too I believe.  
    Slight wildcard at this time but has to be worth a punt
    To be fair, he was at Spurs for three years 2019/22, and made one appearance at U23, so I don't think that would count too much, apart from the kudos of being Premier League club with all that presents...
    But that being agreed, feel he could be a good wildcard as you say...
  • Sponsored links:

If the second half of last year is anything to go by, playing Chuks is more cruel on Chuks than anyone else.
  • edited June 10
    Miles has the pace and skill to play alongside a big lump too. 

If the second half of last year is anything to go by, playing Chuks is more cruel on Chuks than anyone else.
    Yeah but it would only be for half an hour at most . Even Chuks could manage that………over a 7 month period. 
  • edited June 10
    Miles has the pace and skill to play alongside a big lump too. 

Didn’t Etete come through at Spurs ? Should have had a decent schooling coming through their academy. 

I stand corrected. Signed for Spurs age 18
  • Chunes said:
    Said there were deals in the pipeline and that one deal was done but the player gone away  !! 
    How's JCH getting on in Mexico?
    I think he’s taken a shine to the chilli Burritos
  • robroy said:

Kion Etete - Wikipedia

There can't be another player in the EFL who's that bad can there ?
  • Redrobo said:
    Collecting bits and bobs from the other forum:

- someone seems to believe Alfie May is going to be sold, possibly to Huddersfield to link up with Duff again
    - multiple signings are done and will be announced soon (this week?)
    - cryptic hint given towards a player with dreadlocks
    This has got to be bollocks. Multiple (to me anyway) means at least 3-4. Why would we have these signings done already but not announced?
    😊
    They could fail their medicals. It's not done until it's done  :D:D:D
    No one fails our medical team's assessments on account of how much they practice (see photo).

Is that a shot from JFH's medical back in the day, looks about the right dimensions...🙄
  • robroy said:

Kion Etete - Wikipedia

There can't be another player in the EFL who's that bad can there ?
    What is Matt Spring doing these days?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!