Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

T20 Cricket World Cup 2024

Comments

• edited June 13
    England’s “live” net run rate after 1 over faced is 2.323.
  • Jacks trying to swing the bat gets out.

20-2, 1.5 overs
  • Bairstow to score the remaining 28 and secure his place in every England side in perpetuity 
  • edited June 13
    England’s “live” net run rate after 1 over faced is 2.323.
    2.391 after 2 overs.
  • England’s “live” net run rate after 1 over faced is 2.323.
    2.391 after 2 overs.
    2.974 after 3 overs.

England 46-2 - require 2 runs to win.
  • 50-2, 3.1 overs

England win by 8 wickets.
  • 3.1 overs to win. 

Like England beating a team 24-0 in a football world cup.
  • edited June 13
    By my calculation that's a NRR of 3.081. Comfortably above Scotland in that regard now.

If England beat Namibia and Australia beat Scotland, England are through to the Super 8. Run rates are out of the equation.
  • Job done, got to say
  • If either England or Scotland’s games are rained off, it’s farcically curtains for us though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Didn't realise T20 meant that you only need 20 overs between the 2 teams.

Don't let the ECB know otherwise it will be their new format 😂
  • Am I right in saying that, assuming we bowled Oman batting second for 47, we would have had to have scored 308 batting first to get the same NRR?
  • What it also means when chasing a smallish target is that losing wickets doesn't really matter. Unlike the DL method when its rain affected. 
  • Am I right in saying that, assuming we bowled Oman batting second for 47, we would have had to have scored 308 batting first to get the same NRR?

I have it as 207 if we had batted first.
    Not sure, but it doesn't make a great spectacle for the "neutral" when there is such a massive incentive for the better team to have a really short game, rather than batting their 20 overs and scoring a shedload of runs.

I have it as 207 if we had batted first.
    Probably because I've taken the game in isolation rather than taking the overall affect of the scores
  • Have to say, that was impressive from England.
  • edited June 13
    I have a horrible feeling that we will get the job done against Namibia and the Australia v Scotland game will be a wash out giving the Jocks a place in the next round . Neither team will want to play if the weather is bad .
  • I have a horrible feeling that we will get the job done against Namibia and the Australia v Scotland game will be a wash out giving the Jocks a place in the next round . Neither team will want to play if the weather is bad .
    - Strewth, it's raining Jocko!

- Aye, there's a cauld wind blowing through the glens of St Lucia, and I can see this rain getting worse. 

- Too wet to play, I'm worried that your guys might get injured. Fancy a tinnie?

- Aye. England are doomed, England are doomed...
  • edited June 14
    Thursday 13th June 2024ICC Men's T20 World Cup, 2024 - Match 28 Sir Vivian Richards Stadium, North Sound, 
    ENGLAND
    50/2 (3.1)

OMAN
    47 (13.2)
    England beat Oman by 8 wickets

Friday 14th June 2024

ICC Men's T20 World Cup, 2024 - Match 29 Brian Lara Cricket Academy, Tarouba
    AFGHANISTAN
    101/3 (15.1)

PAPUA NEW GUINEA
    95 (19.5)
    Afghanistan beat Papua New Guinea by 7 wickets
  • Sponsored links:

• The Afghanistan result means they have qualified and New Zealand are out. So what looked like a hard group to call has ended up being the first to be fully decided, with West Indies already having the other slot.
  • USA V Ireland was due to start at 15.30 but toss & start delayed due to wet ground conditions.
  • USA V Ireland update
    Pitch inspection at 15.30
  • An abandoned match there would confirm the USA’s place in the Super 8.
  • edited June 14
    I was under the impression that the Super 8s are determined by finishing position in the first group stage. But that would make too much sense.

Instead the top 8 teams were pre-allocated into Super 8 groups:

A: India, Australia, New Zealand, Sri Lanka
    B: Pakistan, England, West Indies, South Africa

Given the teams that have/haven’t yet qualified, the current group make-ups are:

A: India, Australia, Afghanistan, TBD1
    B: TBD2, TBD3, West Indies, South Africa

TBD1: Bangladesh or Netherlands or Nepal
    TBD2: USA or Pakistan or Canada or Ireland
    TBD3: England or Scotland
  • USA V Ireland another inspection planned at 16.30
  • The BBC's live text of the Ireland game has been giving us lyrical descriptions of the super-sopper machine that's trying to dry the outfield. The Americans are good at this sort of thing so maybe there's a chance. Then again, maybe the ground staff will work out that it's in Ireland's interests to get a 5-over slog started but not the USA's.
  • USA V Ireland another inspection planned at 18.15
  • Friday 14th June 2024ICC Men's T20 World Cup, 2024 - Match 30Central Broward Park & Broward County Stadium, Lauderhill, Florida

USA

IRELAND
    Match Abandoned without toss
  • You just know that Australia v Scotistan will get rained off.