Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

T20 Cricket World Cup 2024

Comments

• I love T20 cricket but when you have a group with a couple of much stronger teams in it and some minnows, you can't have rained off draws. 
  • T20I
    12 Jun 24 ICC Men's T20 World Cup, 2024 - Match 23
    Central Broward Park & Broward County Stadium, Lauderhill, Florida

SRI LANKA

NEPAL

Match Abandoned without a ball bowled

T20I
    12 Jun 24 ICC Men's T20 World Cup, 2024 - Match 24
    Sir Vivian Richards Stadium, North Sound, Antigua

AUSTRALIA

74/1 (5.4)

NAMIBIA

72 (17.0)
    Australia beat Namibia by 9 wickets
  • More games rained off than if we had played the tournament in Manchester in May. 
  • We need to do to Namibia what Australia have done to them
  • Chance of rain for the Oman match apparently.
  • USA V India starts at 15.30, India won the toss & will field.
  • USA are 19 for 2 after 6.3 overs
  • 1st wicket looked a bit high to me. Did they do ball tracking or was it umpire's call?
  • What's the chance of England winning their remaining two games by a mile to overtake Scotland. 

And then the Koala botherers stitch us up.
    The convicts will do their best to beat Scotland by the narrowest margin they dare
    Thereby preserving Scotland's NRR
    England can only match the Scots 5 points so have to improve their NRR by about 4 rpo which even against minnows is a very tall order
    England could have to win both tosses, bat first, and win both games by an aggregate 160+ runs
    No guarantee captain Butthead can retain all that in his noggin.  If England bowl first, the window for shifting the NRR closes very rapidly indeed
    Any weather intervenes in either of England's games or in the Jocks v Convicts match and England will be heading home 
  •  Is there any Americans actually there? 
  • Sponsored links:

• USA 85 for 5 after 15 overs
  • Great bowling from Arshdeep. 4-9 off his 4 overs. 17 dot balls and no boundaries.

USA finish on 110-8.

Doesn't sound much but on this wicket, it's probably not a bad score.
  • USA 110 for 8 after 20 overs
  • Billy_Mix said:
    What's the chance of England winning their remaining two games by a mile to overtake Scotland. 

And then the Koala botherers stitch us up.
    The convicts will do their best to beat Scotland by the narrowest margin they dare
    Thereby preserving Scotland's NRR
    England can only match the Scots 5 points so have to improve their NRR by about 4 rpo which even against minnows is a very tall order
    England could have to win both tosses, bat first, and win both games by an aggregate 160+ runs
    No guarantee captain Butthead can retain all that in his noggin.  If England bowl first, the window for shifting the NRR closes very rapidly indeed
    Any weather intervenes in either of England's games or in the Jocks v Convicts match and England will be heading home 
    Josh Hazlewood has made some comments saying that it would be in Australia's interests not to have England left in the tournament so if Oz were chasing a target they could manage the run chase to help eliminate England.

I hope the ICC are watching this. I think its time the final sets of matches are played simultaneously like in the football WC.....just to make sure there are no dodgy endings. 

• Let's face it, if we had the chance of eliminating Australia or India by winning slowly against a minnow, we'd all be in favour of it.
  • Lost two wickets for ten and now a possible retirement. 
  • New York, New York! The place where run rates in T20s are slower than England playing Bazball. First innings scores there:

77 AO
    96 AO
    137-7
    103-9
    119 AO
    113-6
    106-7
    110-8
  • India 32 for 2 after 6 overs
  • I love T20 cricket but when you have a group with a couple of much stronger teams in it and some minnows, you can't have rained off draws. 
    I can't understand why, for the supposedly premier T20 tournament, they can't play the next day. I've heard it makes logistics difficult, such as ticketing for spectators, TV schedules and hotels for players, but it's not that complicated. Or does TV money rule?
  • It’s the super overs in the group stage that are the problem for me. It effectively means that teams are punished for the weather as it’s the only way to get 1 point. 
  • Sponsored links:

• India require 64 from the last 10 overs. They are well behind the required rate but are five runs ahead of where the US were at the same stage.
  • Looked in the balance for 14-15 overs but in the end a pretty routine win for India after the 3 at the top of the order all failed.
  • T20I
    12 Jun 24 ICC Men's T20 World Cup, 2024 - Match 25
    Nassau County International Cricket Stadium, New York

USA

110/8 (20.0)

INDIA

111/3 (18.2)
    India beat USA by 7 wickets
  • T20 World Cup, Group C, Trinidad

West Indies 149-9 (20 overs): 

New Zealand 136-9 (20 overs):

West Indies won by 13 runs

• edited June 13
    fenaddick said:
    It’s the super overs in the group stage that are the problem for me. It effectively means that teams are punished for the weather as it’s the only way to get 1 point. 
    It diminishes the tournament. If a team loses to a minnow, fair enough, they can't complain. The cricket authorities do need to look at this going forwards, whatever happens to England.
  • fenaddick said:
    It’s the super overs in the group stage that are the problem for me. It effectively means that teams are punished for the weather as it’s the only way to get 1 point. 
    It diminishes the tournament. If a team loses to a minnow, fair enough, they can't complain. The cricket authorities do need to look at this going forwards, whatever happens to England.
    Equally, one could argue that Scotland might have been the unlucky side in the game being abandoned. Even with 10 wickets in hand, against a decent bowling attack, chasing 109 on a wet outfield would have by no means by a foregone conclusion especially with our recent record in international white ball matches (lost 12 of our last 20) and against a side that beat us in an ODI not so long ago. 
  • clive said:

T20 World Cup, Group C, Trinidad

West Indies 149-9 (20 overs): 

New Zealand 136-9 (20 overs):

West Indies won by 13 runs

NZ equals dogshit.
    No warm up games; what do they expect?
  • Bangladesh v Netherlands was due to start at 15.30 but that is delayed due to rain.
  • This WC won't be remembered as its original intention of being "ground breaking". Fragmented in terms of timings, bad weather and poor pitches have all served to undermine what really should be a flagship competition. 
  • This WC won't be remembered as its original intention of being "ground breaking". Fragmented in terms of timings, bad weather and poor pitches have all served to undermine what really should be a flagship competition. 
    It just needs a final reduced to five overs