Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

T20 Cricket World Cup 2024

Comments

• T20
    ICC Men's T20 World Cup, 2024 - Super Eight - Match 7
    Sir Vivian Richards Stadium, North Sound, Antigua

INDIA

196/5 (20.0)

BANGLADESH

146/8 (19.6)
    India beat Bangladesh by 50 runs
  • McBobbin said:
    If the USA game is rained off, I guess we will need SA to beat WI? 
    Yep
  • T20I
    23 Jun 24 ICC Men's T20 World Cup, 2024 - Super Eight - Match 8
    Arnos Vale Ground, Arnos Vale, St Vincent

AFGHANISTAN

148/6 (20.0)

AUSTRALIA

127 (19.2)
    Afghanistan beat Australia by 21 runs
  • Cunning move by England to lose to the Aussies in the group stage and so avoid having to play Afghanistan in this round.
  • You just know that even if the Aussies lose to India, Afghanistan will then go and lose to Bangladesh and the Aussies will squeeze through on NRR.
  • I just watched this without knowing the score.
    Incredible stuff.
  • Eng v USA starts 3.30pm.
  • A win by a margin of 10 or more runs takes us above SA on NRR.
  • edited June 23
    Why do they spend so much time talking about past games?
    Presumably because the current games aren't interesting enough?
  • 14 overs in USA are 88-5. Topley, Curran, Rashid (2) and Livingstone with the wickets. Highest score so far N Kumar on 30 with Anderson 24*
  • Sponsored links:

• Rashid now bowled his 4 overs with figures of 2-13. A truly exceptional white ball bowler. 
  • That is what you get from Jordan at the death plus his fielding and his batting. Really not sure why we kept him out for so long for Wood. 
  • edited June 23
    Wow 4 wickets 5 balls for zero runs. Thats impressive

what an absolute capitulation that was - 5 wickets in 6 balls
  • edited June 23
    Four wickets in five balls including a hattrick at the place he grew up in. 
  • USA finish on 115 from 18.5. Jordan finishes it was England Men’s first ever T20I Hat-Trick and 4 in the last over. Wickets from Jordan (4) Curran (2), Rashid (2), Topley and Livingstone. 
  • Delighted for Jordan 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
  • What a magic over.
    There's no better sight in cricket than seeing the middle stump cartwheeling.
  • That was a proper hat trick too, great bowling rather than catches in the deep
  • England's first ever T20 hatrick
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 23
    How many overs do England have to chase this down to guarantee going through?
  • 37/0 after 4.1, certainly the right sort of start...
  • edited June 23
    bit one sided this....
  • edited June 23
    Buttler's just hit 4 consecutive 6s.
    A wide then another 6.
  • Gonna do this inside 10 overs. Could be looking at topping the group tonight..?
  • Eng win 9.4 overs.
  • edited June 23
    I make England’s NRR to be slightly lower than 2.000. (Edit: confirmed 1.99 NRR)

Means that if West Indies beat South Africa by a narrow margin later, England will win the group.
  • After a poor start and receiving lots of criticism over selection and tactics, England have found some form and reached the semi finals.