Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

T20 Cricket World Cup 2024

Comments

• fenaddick said:
    I believe that we will be in the first semi which is at 1.30am Thursday with the other semi at 3.30pm on the same day

Edit - this is wrong. If India win their group we will play them in the second semi at 3.30pm. However, if India finish runners up, they will still play in the second semi and England will play at 1.30am in the first. This is due to the ICC wanting to promote the game to the biggest possible audience. 
    *This is due to the ICC being run by the BCCI who get unfair advantages over all other teams
    Wouldn't do them a favour if they finish second and the second semi final is rained off.

Then they'd be knocked out without playing.
  • fenaddick said:
    I believe that we will be in the first semi which is at 1.30am Thursday with the other semi at 3.30pm on the same day

Edit - this is wrong. If India win their group we will play them in the second semi at 3.30pm. However, if India finish runners up, they will still play in the second semi and England will play at 1.30am in the first. This is due to the ICC wanting to promote the game to the biggest possible audience. 
    *This is due to the ICC being run by the BCCI who get unfair advantages over all other teams
    Wouldn't do them a favour if they finish second and the second semi final is rained off.

Yeah that bit is crazy. I can't understand not having a reserve day. I don't actually know what happens in that scenario, does the higher ranked Super 8 team go through?
  • Australia v India due to start at 15.30, Australia won the toss & will field.
  • fenaddick said:
    fenaddick said:

Yeah that bit is crazy. I can't understand not having a reserve day. I don't actually know what happens in that scenario, does the higher ranked Super 8 team go through?
    Yes the team that finished first in their super 8 group would go through (ie. South Africa) if India are in the semi final as runner up.
  • Australia v India update
    India 43 for 1 after 4.1 overs, rain stopped play.
  • India 60   for 1  after 6 overs
  • MrOneLung said:
    I know it's highly unlikely it'll happen but does anyone with a clue about NRR, know what Australia and Afghanistan would need to win by to put India out?
    Give him a chance - he has only just gone to bed.
    If batting first, Australia would need to beat India by roughly 40-50 runs and Afghanistan beat Bangladesh by 80-90 runs.

If batting second, Australia need to chase the target in around 15-16 overs and Afghanistan chase in around 10-11 overs.
    It's safe to say that with India on 102-2 off 9 overs, Australia are not going to chase down India's ultimate total in 16 overs.  
  • India 114  for 2  after 10 overs
  • Rohit 92 off 39 balls
  • Jinxed it, now out for 92
  • Sponsored links:

• that was one hell of a knock from Rohit!
  • Big trouble for Aussies
  • Big trouble for Aussies
    Oh no, what a shame
  • Every Aussie bowler going for 12-14 runs per over, with the exception of Hazlewood at 3.33 rpo.
  • India 205   for 5   after 20 overs
  • Aussies need 206 to win
  • its a big ask but it looks more than a decent batting track.
  • Kohli has 66 runs in the whole tournament. You just know that he's going to find his form come the semi. 
  • Australia 65  for 1  after 6 overs
  • Oh my word. What a catch from Axar to dismiss Marsh!
  • Sponsored links:

• Australia 99 for 2 after 10 overs
  • 116-2 after 11 - gulp.
  • Kohli has 66 runs in the whole tournament. You just know that he's going to find his form come the semi. 

When we get him out for a duck I might have a semi of my own.
  • Australia in big trouble, 167-7
  • T20I
    ICC Men's T20 World Cup, 2024 - Super Eight - Match 11
    Daren Sammy National Cricket Stadium, Gros Islet, St Lucia

AUSTRALIA

181/7 (20.0)

INDIA

205/5 (20.0)
    India beat Australia by 24 runs
  • I suppose I should say unlucky Australia for a very gallent effort. 

Nah.

Kylie Minogue 
    Crocodile Dundee 
    Rolph  Harris 
    Skippy the Kangaroo 

Your boys took one he'll of a beating. 

Now fuck off.
    It would be classic Australian luck for Afghanistan to now lose to Bangladesh and see the Aussie through.... 
  • BalladMan said:
    I suppose I should say unlucky Australia for a very gallent effort. 

Nah.

Kylie Minogue 
    Crocodile Dundee 
    Rolph  Harris 
    Skippy the Kangaroo 

Your boys took one he'll of a beating. 

Now fuck off.
    It would be classic Australian luck for Afghanistan to now lose to Bangladesh and see the Aussie through.... 
    Nooooooooooooooo
  • edited June 24
    Wed 26/6: South Africa v Australia or Afghanistan (1:30am)

Thu 27/6: India v England (3:30pm)

Sat 29/6: Final (3:30pm)
  • 26/6: South Africa v Australia or Afghanistan (1:30am)

27/6: India v England (3:30pm)

29/6: Final (3:30pm)
    Brilliant 
    1.30 would have been shit over here.