Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

T20 Cricket World Cup 2024

Comments

• After a poor start and receiving lots of criticism over selection and tactics, England have found some form and reached the semi finals.
    Definitely feels like we’ve hit our best 11 now. I like Wood but Jordan & Curren are better T20 options
  • T20I
    23 Jun 24 ICC Men's T20 World Cup, 2024 - Super Eight - Match 9
    Kensington Oval, Bridgetown, Barbados

USA

115 (18.5)

ENGLAND

117/0 (9.4)
    England beat USA by 10 wickets
  • I don’t know much about cricket…….but that was an absolute fucking pasting. 
  • After a poor start and receiving lots of criticism over selection and tactics, England have found some form and reached the semi finals.
    Can't argue with a place in the semi finals, and the irony is that the 2 sides we've lost to might not even make the semi's. 
    But less about euro 24 ….
  • fenaddick said:
    After a poor start and receiving lots of criticism over selection and tactics, England have found some form and reached the semi finals.
    Definitely feels like we’ve hit our best 11 now. I like Wood but Jordan & Curren are better T20 options
    I love Mark Wood, but always have the gut feeling that in white ball cricket he's a bit predictable.
  • fenaddick said:
    After a poor start and receiving lots of criticism over selection and tactics, England have found some form and reached the semi finals.
    I love Mark Wood, but always have the gut feeling that in white ball cricket he's a bit predictable.
    Completely, his pace is a nightmare in Tests but helpful in white ball stuff. Pace off has been so effective in the Carribean games and it isn't his strong suit at all.
  • fenaddick said:
    fenaddick said:
    Completely, his pace is a nightmare in Tests but helpful in white ball stuff. Pace off has been so effective in the Carribean games and it isn't his strong suit at all.
    The white ball game has moved on so much from 10/20 years ago. Metronomic bowlers like Glen McGrath would be smacked everywhere now, as consistent line and length is now the last thing to bowl 
  • McGrath was good enough that he'd have adapted imo 
  • Someone on here... can't remember who needs to fill this out 

• Sponsored links:

• edited June 24
    South Africa won the toss and chose to field against West Indies.

Effectively a quarter final match - whoever loses is out.
  • edited June 24
    For England to top the group, West Indies must win and:

- if West Indies score 200, South Africa must score 154-199.
    - if West Indies score 180, South Africa must score 131-179.
    - if West Indies score 160, South Africa must score 109-159.
    - if West Indies score 140, South Africa must score 86-139.
    - if West Indies score 120, South Africa must score 63-119.
  • WI 2-1 off 0.3 overs
  • WI 5-2 off 1.1 overs
  • Big chance dropped on 17-2
  • edited June 24
    WI 39-2 off 5 overs
  • WI 54-2 off 7 overs
  • edited June 24
    In the most South Africa turn of events, Jansen and Rabada have run into each other on the boundary trying to take a catch. Looked nasty…

• WI 73-2 off 11 overs
  • edited June 24
    Big partnership breaker… Shamsi gets the wicket of Mayers.

86-3 off 12 overs
  • Sponsored links:

• 89-4 off 12.4 overs

Powell stumped off the bowling of Maharaj
  • 94-5 off 13.5 overs
  • 97-6 off 15.1 overs

Big wicket of Chase gone for 52
  • 117-7 off 17.1 overs

Russell run out by a direct hit
  • 118-8 off 17.5 overs
  • 124-8 off 19 overs
  • WI finish on 135-8

SA require 136 to win.
  • If South Africa score 136 or more: 1st SA, 2nd ENG

If South Africa score between 80 and 134: 1st ENG, 2nd WI

If South Africa score 79 or less: 1st WI, 2nd ENG
  • SA 12-1 off 1.1 overs 
  • SA 15-2 off 2 overs

WI get the important wicket of de Kock early on.