Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

T20 Cricket World Cup 2024

Comments

• And then a rain shower coming through forces the players off the field…
  • Plan is for play to restart in 10 minutes.

South Africa’s innings is reduced to 17 overs with a revised target of 123.
  • SA 29-2 off 4 overs
  • 42-3 off 5.2 overs 
  • 70-3 off 7 overs

Very expensive over that the home team couldn’t afford.

53 required from 60 balls
  • edited June 24
    77-4 off 8 overs

Alzarri Joseph bounces out Klaasen. Good catch by the keeper, big wicket.

46 required from 54 balls
  • 86-4 off 9 overs

37 required from 48 balls
  • 89-4 off 10 overs

34 required from 42 balls
  • edited June 24
    92-4 off 11 overs

31 required from 36 balls
  • 93-5 off 11.4 overs

30 required from 32 balls
  • Sponsored links:

• 100-5 off 13 overs

23 required from 24 balls
  • 100-6 off 13.1 overs

Huge wicket of Stubbs (29 off 27) and the South African tail is going to have to see this over the line…

23 required from 23 balls
  • 104-6 off 14 overs

19 required from 18 balls
  • 110-6 off 15 overs

13 required from 12 balls
  • 110-7 off 15.2 overs

13 required from 10 balls
  • 11 required from 8 balls
  • Rabada with a big four off the last ball of the over.

118-7 off 16 overs

5 required from 6 balls
  • South Africa win by 3 wickets with 5 balls to spare.

West Indies are eliminated.
  • Sponsored links:

• Funny how things work out, SA who were on the cusp of elimination, will now potentially face an easier semi final against Afghanistan and end up in the final. Fine margins.
  • I know it's highly unlikely it'll happen but does anyone with a clue about NRR, know what Australia and Afghanistan would need to win by to put India out?
  • T20I
    24 Jun 24 ICC Men's T20 World Cup, 2024 - Super Eight - Match 10
    Sir Vivian Richards Stadium, North Sound, Antigua

WEST INDIES

135/8 (20.0)

SOUTH AFRICA

124/7 (16.1)
    South Africa beat West Indies by 3 wickets (DLS method)
  • The thing with India is they have so much pressure on them, the deeper they go the higher it gets. England are almost going unnoticed with the Euros on. I would make India favourites of course but the last team they would want to be playing is England I suspect. If England click they can win any game.
  • edited June 24
    Strong effort there Callum, with close to 5 hours of posting score updates to yourself.

He paced himself beautifully, starting carefully before accelerating and bringing out his full array of phrases.
  • What time is England's semi final game likely to be?
  • edited June 24
    I believe that we will be in the first semi which is at 1.30am Thursday with the other semi at 3.30pm on the same day

Edit - this is wrong. If India win their group we will play them in the second semi at 3.30pm. However, if India finish runners up, they will still play in the second semi and England will play at 1.30am in the first. This is due to the ICC wanting to promote the game to the biggest possible audience. 
  • I believe that we will be in the first semi which is at 1.30am Thursday with the other semi at 3.30pm on the same day

Edit - this is wrong. If India win their group we will play them in the second semi at 3.30pm. However, if India finish runners up, they will still play in the second semi and England will play at 1.30am in the first. This is due to the ICC wanting to promote the game to the biggest possible audience. 
    *This is due to the ICC being run by the BCCI who get unfair advantages over all other teams
  • I know it's highly unlikely it'll happen but does anyone with a clue about NRR, know what Australia and Afghanistan would need to win by to put India out?
    Give him a chance - he has only just gone to bed.
  • MrOneLung said:
    I know it's highly unlikely it'll happen but does anyone with a clue about NRR, know what Australia and Afghanistan would need to win by to put India out?
    Give him a chance - he has only just gone to bed.
    If batting first, Australia would need to beat India by roughly 40-50 runs and Afghanistan beat Bangladesh by 80-90 runs.

If batting second, Australia need to chase the target in around 15-16 overs and Afghanistan chase in around 10-11 overs.