Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

T20 Cricket World Cup 2024

Comments

• Great news. See you later Josh.
  • I know they only got close because of him but ultimately you have to blame the opener there. When you only need a run a ball, why did he take a single with 9 balls left and put the tail ender on strike?

Seems pretty stupid to me. 

What are you talking about? 

Personally, I think it was a fantastic decision, it helped to knock the Aussies out! 
    Ha ha well yes obviously it worked out well, but not a smart move from him.
  • If you can find a clip of Gulbadin Naib going down at first slip I highly recommend watching it…
  • I’m sure Bangladesh would have won if they just needed a regulation win but with NRR to get through to semis needing a 12.1 over victory they had a thrash early on and couldn’t get near it 
    so thankfully that took the game away from them (just) and the Aussies are off home 😂
  • If you can find a clip of Gulbadin Naib going down at first slip I highly recommend watching it…
    He then went on to bowl normally despite the hamstring strain :)
  • Poor really, but as it's at the expense of the Aussies, hilarious  :D
    Subtle:

https://x.com/theFaizFazel/status/1805459632049340911
  • Not like Jonathan Trott to slow things down.
  • Sponsored links:

Subtle:

https://x.com/theFaizFazel/status/1805459632049340911
    That’s just not cricket.
  • I just watched the recorded game without knowing the score.
    Low scoring but very tense & exciting.
  • What still surprises me is that Jonathan Trott has become such an effective T20 coach in the modern era, when in the England ODI team he was very much the old school anchor man batsman, gluing the innings together.
  • Possible it's that thing where someone who's not as much of a natural themselves can see how to work on things etc.

Like some great footballers not making great coaches, because they find teaching someone something that comes natural to themselves difficult.

I remember Agassi saying in his book that he chose Brad Gilbert as a coach as he wasn't as naturally talented but squeezed every drop out of the talent he did have.

Trott was, as you say, a 'bed down and stay in' type player and so probably worked hard on improving other aspects of his game for the limited overs stuff.  Someone like Pietersen, for example, would more likely be telling them to just whack it etc.
  • Robert Key held England back as a batsman in the short game but he has become influential in its progress. 
  • I understand that one semi-final has a reserved rain day, but the other does not. So we will be out of the competition if it rains all day. Glad it's not just football where there are different sets of rules within the same competition.  🙄
  • I understand that one semi-final has a reserved rain day, but the other does not. So we will be out of the competition if it rains all day. Glad it's not just football where there are different sets of rules within the same competition.  🙄
    Huh!   What?!   That is ridonculous !
  • What still surprises me is that Jonathan Trott has become such an effective T20 coach in the modern era, when in the England ODI team he was very much the old school anchor man batsman, gluing the innings together.
    The classic case of "do as I say and not as I did"
  • Sponsored links:

Although unlikely, the ideal scenario to show up how mental this is would be to have the entire day of the first semi rained off so they complete the game on the reserve day. And then rain off the second semi final.

Would be extremely unfortunate and frustrating for England. But I’d rather that than lose to India because of the shitstorm it would cause, if I had to choose a way to be knocked out.
  • NCallumcafc said:
    I understand that one semi-final has a reserved rain day, but the other does not. So we will be out of the competition if it rains all day. Glad it's not just football where there are different sets of rules within the same competition.  🙄
    Although unlikely, the ideal scenario to show up how mental this is would be to have the entire day of the first semi rained off so they complete the game on the reserve day. And then rain off the second semi final.

Would be extremely unfortunate and frustrating for England. But I’d rather that than lose to India because of the shitstorm it would cause, if I had to choose a way to be knocked out.
    Yes, I get where you are coming from Callum. 

Htf is it fair that one semi-final has a reserve day and the other doesn't????

Bearing in mind they scheduled it during the Caribbean rainy season!!

I also wondered how fairly distributed the pool games were - easier to get a better run rate at some grounds than others? So the scheduling of where teams played could have impacted their run rate?
  • It is still hard to believe we got a result from that Namibia game with all the rain. It makes you think it might be ours to lose now.
  • It is still hard to believe we got a result from that Namibia game with all the rain. It makes you think it might be ours to lose now.
    otherwise Scotland would have gone through!
  • This whole competition has been an absolute farce. The final nail in the coffin:

It can be revealed Afghanistan were effectively blocked from gaining entry to the USA for this #T20WorldCup and is one of the reasons why the ICC was unable to schedule any Super 8s or semi-final matches in America for this tournament.
  • Afghanistan win the toss and will bat first.
  • Disaster for Afghanistan…

23-5 off 5 overs
  • 28-6 off 6.3 overs 
  • 50-7 off 9.3 overs

And might be 50-8 two balls later