Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

T20 Cricket World Cup 2024

Comments

• Same England team 
  • Rohit says he would have batted first anyway. Same India team too.  
  • It would be lovely now if we did get some more rain, just enough to mean that we finish the game and England wins on DRS. 
  • Rohit says he would have batted first anyway. Same India team too.  
    Yeah whatever Rohit. Let's smash this lot. 
  • Before it rains again..
  • Stuck a couple of quid on England so I can watch it on bobs lot
  • Topley, bowls Kohli for 9. IND 19-1
  • Kohli has 66 runs in the whole tournament. You just know that he's going to find his form come the semi. 
    Told yer!!! 75 runs in the tournament now. 
  • It seems crazy to think that we started the tournament without Curran and Topley, then left Jordan out before finally working out what our most balanced bowling attack would be. 
  • Ooh......I see dark clouds.

Isnt there a reserve day for this one ?
  • Sponsored links:

no

See above. But the answer is "no". 
  • India 65 for 2 after 8 overs, rain stopped play.

I thought the talk on here was that there was a reserve day set aside for one of the semi's & it was the one India was involved in  

Or have I been whoooshed ?
  • edited June 27
    Another inspection due at 18.15
  • No, reserve day was for the first semi final.
    India were always going to be playing on this day/ground no matter how they qualified for the semis 
  • How can anyone take this tournament seriously? Does this happen in other sports? Where you could in theory reach a final and barely play a game. (Not saying that has happened but it could of done) 
  • Play due to restart at 18.40

I thought the talk on here was that there was a reserve day set aside for one of the semi's & it was the one India was involved in  

The opposite. The reserve day was only for the semi final that India wasn’t involved in.
  • Sponsored links:

The opposite. The reserve day was only for the semi final that India wasn’t involved in.
    Oh...ok. Weird either way. Surely for any integrity both semi's should have the same playing conditions. 
  • Still a couple of hours before we lose any overs, so whilst there is no reserve day i assume they have extended the time allowed to complete this match.
  • Break this partnership early and weather permitting we are well in this match.
  • Break this partnership early and weather permitting we are well in this match.
    Definitely need to do it soon or these two will kill us.
  • What do you think is a good target for us to chase ?  At the start they said a average 1st innings score on this ground was 167. 

Do you think we can restrict them to 160ish ?  

the opposite. https://www.telegraph.co.uk/cricket/2024/06/26/india-manipulating-t20-world-cup-draw-made-it-farce/

Oh...ok. Weird either way. Surely for any integrity both semi's should have the same playing conditions. 
    of course, but it is different for India!
  • I think we are behind in this game atm.
  • What do you think is a good target for us to chase ?  At the start they said a average 1st innings score on this ground was 167. 

If these 2 stay in they'll get well over 160.

Oops.

As soon as I posted Curran is hit for 2 6's.

I reckon with wickets in hand India will be looking at a minimum of 180.

And now it's a 4.