Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

T20 Cricket World Cup 2024

Comments

• This is embarrassing
    Come on South Africa!!
  • Pathetic review.  Are we going to challenge the Afghanistan score? 
  • Too many runs to chase on a difficult pitch
  • Said earlier that we'd struggle against their bowlers but wasn't expecting it to be this bad.
  • Indian bowling attack is very good. Biggest total they've allowed outside of St Lucia is 146...
  • Indian bowling attack is very good. Biggest total they've allowed outside of St Lucia is 146...
    Teams see off Bumrah and then find that they are having to face three world class spinners. We have one of that ilk. That difference is massive especially on pitches like this.  
  • Brook out to another pre determined.shor.
    We really haven't helped ourselves here.
  • Wish it pissed down all day 
  • So if this is the end of Mott and a chunk of this side , who do people expect to see in and around the T20 side when we face the Aussies in September? 
  • Two slip is rather taking the michael
  • Sponsored links:

• Very very dumb decision from Jofra Archer there. Should've run.
  • Utter shambles.

Expect Southgate's mob to be following them home on Sunday. 
  • Football team “hold my beer..”
  • MarcusH26 said:
    So if this is the end of Mott and a chunk of this side , who do people expect to see in and around the T20 side when we face the Aussies in September? 
    Kent players mostly 😆
  • I darent predict any fast bowlers that could come in because they'll inevitably get injured.... 
  • MarcusH26 said:
    So if this is the end of Mott and a chunk of this side , who do people expect to see in and around the T20 side when we face the Aussies in September? 
    Think he'll survive personally. Bad performance today but you can't get rid of someone after getting to a semi final and losing to the best team in the tournament.
  • Afghanistan at least had the excuse that they batted first on a dreadful pitch. 
  • Utter shambles.

Expect Southgate's mob to be following them home on Sunday. 
    Let's hope this prediction is as accurate as most of your others
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Think he'll survive personally. Bad performance today but you can't get rid of someone after getting to a semi final and losing to the best team in the tournament.
    ... Unless the team you take over was the best team in the world at the time?
  • ICC Men's T20 World Cup, 2024 - 2nd Semi-Final Guyana National Stadium, Guyana
    INDIA
    171/7 (20.0)

ENGLAND
    103 (16.4)
    India beat England by 68 runs
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 27
    Chizz said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    Would still be rash IMO. You can't realistically expect to be the best team in the world tournament after tournament. Players come in and out of form all the time, others retire and new players get blooded in.

In my opinion, the time to get rid of Mott if at all would've been after the 50 over WC, not now.
  • edited June 27
    Chizz said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    Would still be rash IMO. You can't realistically expect to be the best team in the world tournament after tournament. Players come in and out of form all the time, others retire and new players get blooded in.

In my opinion, the time to get rid of Mott if at all would've been after the 50 over WC, not now.
    I'm never a fan of pulling the trigger and sacking a manager/coach unless there's a better alternative setup ready to step in. But I can't see what improvement Mott has overseen in any aspect of England's white ball cricket. I think we've gone backwards. 
    Teams see off Bumrah and then find that they are having to face three world class spinners. We have one of that ilk. That difference is massive especially on pitches like this.  
    Agree, but I'd say that teams don't see off Bumrah ;) 
  • Shame it didn't rain. 
  • How can anyone take this tournament seriously? Does this happen in other sports? Where you could in theory reach a final and barely play a game. (Not saying that has happened but it could of done) 
    England footballers have reached the knockout stage of the Euros and hsve barely played a game .... does that count?

• That was a shocking shot from Bairstow. 
    Did he have it reviewed? He does most times he's out.
  • India v South Africa 
    India won the toss & chose to bat & after 13.4 overs are 107 for 4
  • India 176 for 7 after 20 overs
  • I don't particularly like Virat Kohli  ( no one  does ).
    But he timed that innings  very well