Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Josh Edwards signs on a 4 year deal

Comments

• Valley11 said:
    Welcome aboard Josh! Looking forward to seeing you play, given we have had a few signings struggle to settle, slightly concerned to see him say “It’s a bit of a change of pace. I’m not a big city person to be perfectly honest. It will be a big change but I’m looking forward to it.” But ultimately happy to see us take a punt on someone a bit different and someone who was a top performer at his previous club as opposed to an outcast who was good a few seasons ago
    I thought the same. Any other Scottish lads left in the squad now CMc and Fraser (probably) are gone? 
    Terry Taylor is Scottish and AMB had a loan at Ross County which is something I guess 
  • Tbh I’ve absolutely no idea how the standard of the Scottish 2nd and 3rd tiers compare to us. 

Anyone know if he is a similar or different style of player to Thierry Small? As they’ll most likely be competing for the same spot 
    2nd tier up there, League 1 down south.
  • edited June 19
    Tbh I’ve absolutely no idea how the standard of the Scottish 2nd and 3rd tiers compare to us. 

Anyone know if he is a similar or different style of player to Thierry Small? As they’ll most likely be competing for the same spot 
    I'm hoping we'll try him as LCB. Him, Mitchell and Jones look like a solid trio with a bit of composure on the ball, and Ramsey with Small to cover with pace outside. Prefer this to the sloth of Gillesphey.
  • Let's see how he gets on, nice to see he can find the net. One of the things we have all said we have struggled with over the seasons, is goals throughout the team, seems like Edwards will be able to chip in with a few if he gets in the right spaces. 

Welcome Edwards 
  • It’s going to be all about crosses into the box this season. The wing backs are fundamental to Jones style. 
  • PaddyP17 said:
    He's got a massive neck - looks wider than his face - so I have high hopes for this one

And if he flops, we can loan him to Harlequins.
  • It’s going to be all about crosses into the box this season. The wing backs are fundamental to Jones style. 
    Definitely. Jones will want energetic mobile full backs/wing backs, it’s shown by his time at Luton playing a diamond and with us having signed Ramsay and Small around the time he came in.

Seems to have a knack for scoring the odd goal, something Small hasn’t really shown in his game. Will be interesting to see how long he tskes to settle and who ends up being our first choice LWB.

It’s a bonus that he can play elsewhere, but this doesn’t look like he’s been signed to play LCB to me. 
  • Scoham said:
    It’s going to be all about crosses into the box this season. The wing backs are fundamental to Jones style. 
    Definitely. Jones will want energetic mobile full backs/wing backs, it’s shown by his time at Luton playing a diamond and with us having signed Ramsay and Small around the time he came in.

Seems to have a knack for scoring the odd goal, something Small hasn’t really shown in his game. Will be interesting to see how long he tskes to settle and who ends up being our first choice LWB.

It’s a bonus that he can play elsewhere, but this doesn’t look like he’s been signed to play LCB to me. 
    This, I think the wingback position is the most important position under Jones. We need two equally good options on each side imo so we can keep them fresh. 

This:
    On both the right and the left.
    Let's hope both Edwards and Small ( stays another season) can deliver from the left and who ever gets the gig on the right as the attacking/wing RB.
  • Sponsored links:

• It makes you realise how long these transfers take. Berry and Edwards have been talked about for the best part of a month and only just got them over the line. I know they were away etc but still. Can't see the squad being complete by the 27th like Jones wants
  • 4 year deal
    Bollocks... He's gonna be shite isnt he :D
    He’s not……but he’ll probably get injured in pre season and not seen this side of Xmas 🤣
  • Seems a strange signing - not sure who has been scouting at that level.

My expectations are low...
  • Was I the only one to have nightmare Jedward flashbacks when the notification flashed up on my phone? 😱

Jones likes scouting in Scotland

Edwards can play left midfield, has a decent throw and is properly left footed so gives us a few options.  Maybe a left sided Greg Shields :-)

Maybe a good sign we’re scouting across a wider range of leagues now rather than being limited to more well known players.
  • Valley11 said:
    Welcome aboard Josh! Looking forward to seeing you play, given we have had a few signings struggle to settle, slightly concerned to see him say “It’s a bit of a change of pace. I’m not a big city person to be perfectly honest. It will be a big change but I’m looking forward to it.” But ultimately happy to see us take a punt on someone a bit different and someone who was a top performer at his previous club as opposed to an outcast who was good a few seasons ago
    I thought the same. Any other Scottish lads left in the squad now CMc and Fraser (probably) are gone? 
    Terry Taylor

he’ll be like a new signing when he gets back fit.
  • I take it he plays in the nationsp league Scotland.
    It is is a bit much if we are looking for players below the nationsl league south.
    Must be a cost cutting exercise.
  • Sponsored links:

• any fullback named in the league’s team of the year is loved down here… 👀

Looks a really good Charlton signing in truth. One I’d expect Curbs to have made.

Wing backs are crucial to Jones style so I’m sure he has a handle on any young up and coming wing backs in all the leagues. Do t think it’s strange in the slightest that he’s been identified by Jones. 
  • Welcome Josh.  Sounds like an NJ signing to me as he was meant to be scouting north of the border before joining us.  Having bought in Small and Ramsey I trust his judgement on wing backs.  

Leaves another 9 players to go plus replacements for any first teamers who leave imo.  Lots to do!
  • Not a joke, but how tall is he as I couldn't find that info on the web?

I can see that you are barely, erm..... whelmed. 

🙂

• He has a very long throw in it seems.
    I think we have been vulnerable to teams that use the long throw against us at this level.
  • Scoham said:
    msomerton said:
    I take it he plays in the nationsp league Scotland.
    It is is a bit much if we are looking for players below the nationsl league south.
    He was playing in the Scottish second tier.

We’ve paid a fee and given him a 4 year deal, you wouldn’t do either if you were cost cutting.
    And must be highly regarded, as ready to do a job this season and capable of stepping up to a higher division. 
  • Scoham said:
    msomerton said:
    I take it he plays in the nationsp league Scotland.
    He was playing in the Scottish second tier.

We’ve paid a fee and given him a 4 year deal, you wouldn’t do either if you were cost cutting.

If we sell Alfie then our outgoings are offset by incoming transfer fees.