Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Josh Edwards signs on a 4 year deal

Comments

• What a superb performance. Solid, committed and he has that long throw to add to the mix.
  • Defended the back post so well. Was worried pre-match about Wigan’s right hand side but Edwards and Gillesphey shut them out brilliantly 
  • In some ways I thought that header was better than the tackle from Ramsay
  • I think Wigan are a top ten outfit, especially when you consider how many good players they were missing yesterday. I also thought they wouldn't have conceded the goal if Aimson was still on the pitch. Very good player.

The defence was good and Mannion appeared to be a calming influence. Edwards definitely my man of the match.

We were competitive throughout but very uninspiring going forward. We need Godden to have a productive season. 

At last an improvement in form after 4 barren years. Hopefully we are now moving forward as a club and at the very least punching our weight.

• I think Wigan are a top ten outfit, especially when you consider how many good players they were missing yesterday. I also thought they wouldn't have conceded the goal if Aimson was still on the pitch. Very good player.

The defence was good and Mannion appeared to be a calming influence. Edwards definitely my man of the match.

We were competitive throughout but very uninspiring going forward. We need Godden to have a productive season. 

At last an improvement in form after 4 barren years. Hopefully we are now moving forward as a club and at the very least punching our weight.

Agreed with first 3 paragraphs, last one is jumping the gun somewhat! One game, which really should have finished 0-0… let’s not get carried away / keep feet on ground. 

Agreed with first 3 paragraphs, last one is jumping the gun somewhat! One game, which really should have finished 0-0… let’s not get carried away / keep feet on ground. 
    Why should it have finished 0-0?
    We scored they didn't.
    We had three shots on target they had one.
    It wasn't an exciting free flowing game but we defended well and and took our chance when it came.
    I just don't get that when we win we were lucky or the opponents played badly.
    We won yesterday because we deserved too. 
    I didn’t say we were lucky or the opponents played badly. I’m just saying on the balance of the overall game, 0-0 would probably have been the fairest result. I just don’t think the one performance yesterday, which after 80 minutes felt a bit underwhelming, is sufficient to justify a declaration that the previous 4 years have finally been overturned… that is all… 

Hopefully it’s the beginning of that… but I just get incredibly tired of our fans constantly hailing new dawns which are not that - exactly like so many did when sandgaard took over, and like so many did at the beginning of last season when we finally had a manager (Holden) to get behind, an apparently promising summer of transfer business with a marquis signing and an also much celebrated (and also turgid) 1-0 win on the first day of the season. 

The great Alan Curbishley once (more than once) said, don’t get too high with the highs and too low with the lows. We haven’t done so well since he left, so it might be good for us to return to his mantra a little!
  • I think Edwards might offer a bit of steel away from home or against the tougher nuts in the league. Small a bit of flair when we need to keep our foot on the peda at home.l 
    Agreed.
    Edwards was my MOM & that diving headed clearance was superb.
  • Sponsored links:

• Never heard of him but seems like he’s stayed pretty much injury free to date.

Give it 2 months and we’ll welcome him to the Chuks Aneke recovery suite.
    Almost to the day.
  • Cynical and not a 50/50. Edwards looked in severe pain from the impact so that doesn't bode well (Hope of just a deep bruise, but looks unlikely).
  • edited August 17
    Clare is either a coward or not quick enough into the tackle.

It was there to be a 50/50 for any other player but the fact he’s got there half a second late has probably taken Edwards out for a long stretch of the season
  • It was a 50/50 but he was reckless with it and went it studs up and off the ground. I can sort of see why a yellow was given though. That's the kind of challenge that gets upgraded in the PL with VAR. 
  • sam3110 said:
    If it's foot he'll be out 2-3 months

If it's ankle it's more like 4-5 months

If nothing is broken and it's just a bad bruise, he'll be out a couple of weeks
    Can really vary. I rolled my ankle fairly innocuously in April and and it's still wrecked. No visible tearing anymore, no break, it's just being a prick. Hopefully the professional footballer has tougher ankles than me

• This makes it look like the ankle is going to be the problem…
  • Sponsored links:

• I bet this injury helps keep Tayo Edun around at the club
  • Big worry its ankle ligaments. Really bad luck for Josh but we’re so lucky to have Thierry to step in.
  • If it’s long term then it’ll be a real test of character, how many times do players get injured early, find themselves isolated and missing home and are barely seen again before moving home 
  • Gutted for Edwards who looked very decent in the short minutes I saw him.

Cowardly by Claire, one of the most limited footballers I have ever seen in a Charlton shirt.
  • If it is any length of time I expect 2 things to happen. Edun stays and Potts signs
  • Clare went to injure his ankle, nowhere near the ball .. definite RED

• This makes it look like the ankle is going to be the problem…
    Very poor tackle, definitely should have been a red.

Feel for Edwards, really hope it's not as serious at it looks, horrible to start at a new club and get injured.
  • I’m assuming that the yellow will be upgraded to a red based on the footage available