Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England v Slovenia EURO 2024 - Match Thread

Comments

• I found the Michael Appleton CAFC side a more enjoyable watch than this rubbish 
  • edited June 25
    What was that Walker? - Such a good ball too
  • This is better with Mainoo moving into the spaces Bellingham vacates. The shape is much better with him reading the game well
  • edited June 25
    This is after the lord Mayor's show after watching the Austria v Netherlands 3-2.

Group C had been the poorest group for goals and quality.

As we have qualified why not Palmer and Jordan to liven things up ?
    Er..? 

Not sure she's the answer to our problems but worth a try I suppose. 
  • ITV commentary more forgiving than the kicking that Lineker and Shearer gave after the last game.
  • Jude Bellingham may have delivered a 0/10 performance tonight. I can't remember one positive touch.
  • robroy said:
    so the Gallagher experiment didn’t work either
    I'm not that surprised. Gallagher is great in a team where you need to block a lot on the edge of your box, close down space and then get someone forward for the counter attack as well. When it comes to playing in tight spaces and playing round a low block he's not really the man. I would have sooner seen Wharton start today but Mainoo has looked good so far
  • How wasnt that a booking?
  • Feels a matter of time at the moment
  • This is after the lord Mayor's show after watching the Austria v Netherlands 3-2.

Group C had been the poorest group for goals and quality.

As we have qualified why not Palmer and Jordan to liven things up ?
    Er..? 

Not sure she's the answer to our problems but worth a try I suppose. 
    2 biggens up top might help.
  • Sponsored links:

• Do Slovenia realise they can go out if they lose this? - Again 3rd placed teams are just happy to sit back a bit too much this year 
    They're perfectly happy playing for a draw and don't need to change anything unless they go behind. Also need to remember they're a country with a population of about 2 million, so getting to the last 16 would be a major achievement for them.
  • If you are going tocrigidly stick to a formation and style at least make it a good one. This is pony
  • robroy said:
    Bellingham as the 8. Fodden 10 and put a fucking left winger on. 

Ffs!!! 
    Do that and you stop Rice from doing the only decent stuff he’s been doing all game, all tournament and all season for Arsenal.

The real bold move would be Kane off for a winger, Bellingham up front (like he has filled in for Madrid), Foden behind Jude.
    Must be watching a different game, all tournament? Rice was dog shit against Denmark 
  • Mainoo massively helped the midfield tbf 
  • Laddick01 said:
    Mainoo massively helped the midfield tbf 

He's decent in games that require no defensive work. So probably only this game going forward. 
  • 💤
  • Rice is dreadful
  • Played Rice 🙄
  • Sponsored links:

• This is so much like a typical Wembley friendly.
    Turgid
  • We might as well have taken Grealish, Rashford and Henderson 
  • Both these last 2 games have been calling for Grealish off the bench to unlock things. We have no one else like him. Should have been in the squad.
    But how on earth would we have coped without Wharton??
  • Kane off please. 
  • Far too slow and predictable. Not going to beat anybody decent playing like this.
  • Finally shows his inner PalARSE
  • Both these last 2 games have been calling for Grealish off the bench to unlock things. We have no one else like him. Should have been in the squad.
    But how on earth would we have coped without Wharton??
    Wharton would probably improve this side 
  • Gribbo said:
    Played Rice 🙄
    Apparently been playing well all tournament 🤣. He’s been poor in every game. 
  • Oh dear Guehi, Charltonesque defending that.
  • Jesus Christ this is bad