Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England v Slovenia EURO 2024 - Match Thread

Comments

• Wow, no added time at all. Can't remember last time I watched a game where that happened
  • HT
    Trippier off for Shaw (he must have 45 if we think we can use him in the knock out phase) otherwise why even take him

Gallagher off for Palmer (push Foden more central)

Bowen on for Saka (he’s been pretty quiet)

needs freshening up 
    Shaw isn't fit, only just returned to training.

If you push Foden more central then he'll be occupying the same space as Bellingham. Plus who will play on the left if you push Foden inside? 
  • Laddick01 said:
    Nice of Gareth to let Jobe play the first 45. Can we get Jude second half?
    I thought it was Linda playing 
  • Dogshit 
  • aliwibble said:
    Wow, no added time at all. Can't remember last time I watched a game where that happened
    Noticed the ref dropping off a couple of times towards the end. 
  • I agree with Dixon. Gordon on the left, Foden at 10 and move Bellingham back into midfield. Bellingham has hardly created much or posed much threat as a 10 tonight.
  • So so bad. Something fundamentally wrong with this camp
  • Can’t believe how well Slovenia are doing playing 442 apparently you can’t play this formation anymore because you get overwhelmed in midfield. 🤪
  • Sponsored links:

• Kane and Bellingham well off it today. Gallagher poor also but is trying at least. 

Trippier other than one decent cross been poor as well. 

Think Foden and Rice have been the highlights today. 
  • aliwibble said:
    Wow, no added time at all. Can't remember last time I watched a game where that happened
    It's because nothing's happened.
  • I think we have learnt why trent was starting over Gallagher. Got to be rice and jude in the middle, foden as a 10, and a left footer out wide for width
  • Bored shitless. Trippier at left back is a disaster. Gallagher has been woeful. No doubt Mr Personality will be happy with a good solid 45 mins.
  • Bellingham and Kane just too tired from impressive seasons? 
  • The whole team is just nervous. You can sense it from all the misplaced passes. Needs someone, a coach or a player, to grab them and remind them that they are the more talented side, chill out and the goal(s) will come.
  • HT
    Trippier off for Shaw (he must have 45 if we think we can use him in the knock out phase) otherwise why even take him

Gallagher off for Palmer (push Foden more central)

Bowen on for Saka (he’s been pretty quiet)

needs freshening up 
    Shaw isn't fit, only just returned to training.

If you push Foden more central then he'll be occupying the same space as Bellingham. Plus who will play on the left if you push Foden inside? 
     Bring Gordon on then instead of Palmer, why take Shaw - literally what was the point 

We need a couple of players out wide willing to run at their defenders 
  • Would love to see 45 of Foden central here. Won't happen of course.
  • More it goes on the clearer it is Kane hasn’t fully recovered from his back injury and it’s holding him back
  • I agree with Dixon. Gordon on the left, Foden at 10 and move Bellingham back into midfield. Bellingham has hardly created much or posed much threat as a 10 tonight.
    Is it wrong to say Bellingham off? He's not looked himself since the first 20 mins of the first group game. A break could sort him out for the knockouts? Allows us to bring Foden inside, Gordon on the left and then later in the game Palmer on for Saka 
  • Sponsored links:

• Brownie12 said:
    Laddick01 said:
    Nice of Gareth to let Jobe play the first 45. Can we get Jude second half?
    I thought it was Linda playing

She's different gravy
  • Has Southgate got the humility to concede defeat and change the system?
    Doubtful.
  • If he brings on Bowen over Palmer for Saka, I give up. 
  • Changes will have been decided before the game so it'll be nothing until Bowen for Saka in the 70th minute. 
  • Bellingham and Kane just too tired from impressive seasons? 
    Jude is in a coma due to be bored to death by the tactics 
  • fenaddick said:
    More it goes on the clearer it is Kane hasn’t fully recovered from his back injury and it’s holding him back
    This. He's not fit.
  • Underwhelming 
  • Southgate is the Appleton of international football, so stubborn no personality get him gone.
  • edited June 25
    I’d almost rather read more of chippys endless man love for farage than watch much more of this bilge….