Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England v Slovenia EURO 2024 - Match Thread

Comments

• Personally I just don't think Gallagher is good enough for International football. But if we don't have anyone else then I guess we're stuck. 
    That's the issue, we have plenty of other options. In fact i'd argue playing Gallagher would be the 4th best option we have there.

1. Move Bellingham back, Foden inside, Gordon on the left.
    2. Play Mainoo there
    3. Play Wharton there.
    We tried Mainoo and lost to Iceland. 

WTF 🤦🏻‍♂️
    Not see the game? He was genuinely terrible. 
  • Personally I just don't think Gallagher is good enough for International football. But if we don't have anyone else then I guess we're stuck. 
    That's the issue, we have plenty of other options. In fact i'd argue playing Gallagher would be the 4th best option we have there.

2. Play Mainoo there
    3. Play Wharton there.

WTF 🤦🏻‍♂️

All the England players were poor in that FRIENDLY.

• Isn't that bollocks?

2. Play Mainoo there
    3. Play Wharton there.

WTF 🤦🏻‍♂️

It was a chance for some of the squad members to show what they can do. 

Southgate decided he'd rather play a RB in the CM position over Mainoo, Gallagher and Wharton. Speaks volumes tbh. 

2. Play Mainoo there
    3. Play Wharton there.

WTF 🤦🏻‍♂️

Southgate decided he'd rather play a RB in the CM position over Mainoo, Gallagher and Wharton. Speaks volumes tbh. 
    Worked out well didn't it.

2. Play Mainoo there
    3. Play Wharton there.

WTF 🤦🏻‍♂️

Worked out well didn't it.
    Our main problem is what's happening on the left wing anyway imo. 
  • If we're going to read into what happens when different things are tried during friendlies, even if we lose... Whats the point of trying them?
  • edited June 25
    Having watched England in World Cups and Euros from 1966 I reckon this is the match when we’re all expecting us to be crap, but we’ll have our game of the tournament. 
    🤞
    Or not. 
  • England fans going way too early with the anthem, but pulling it back to finish on time.
  • England fans going way too early with the anthem, but pulling it back to finish on time.
    Yeah that performance was a concern, not sure if it was the positioning of the fans, or they're maybe a bit tired... But we need to do better.
  • Sponsored links:

Performance on a par with the anthem itself. 
  • edited June 25
    Personally I just don't think Gallagher is good enough for International football. But if we don't have anyone else then I guess we're stuck. 

2. Play Mainoo there
    3. Play Wharton there.

WTF 🤦🏻‍♂️

TAA can do the long passes better than most mid-Fielders, but unfortunately the defensive part of his game is problematical.
    I personally think the new Liverpool manager will play him in midfield.
    Ironically TAA would be the choice in a team with a Watkins type of striker who does those runs in behind. Kane is our main man for a good reason. 

My point is we have a squad with lots of options. 
    Talking over; football to watch and play on the front foot.
    Every time. Its always out of sync.
  • Well whaddyaknow first press from us and they give it away at the back. 
  • Looks like Bellingham and Gallagher are playing as dual 8's out of possession with Bellingham having more freedom in possession.
  • edited June 25
    The Denmark Serbia game is a hard one to call. 
  • Nervy start. Need to settle into it or this could go badly. Fans and players will feed of each others tension. If we concede it'll go toxic.
  • Very promising first five minutes
  • just like watching Charlton, Stop pissing about with it at the back & get it forward.
  • We haven't exactly flown out the traps have we?
  • Sponsored links:

• just like watching Charlton, Stop pissing about with it at the back & get it forward.
    Exactly this, so f**king pedestrian back and forth across the back 4 with very little movement in front of them 
  • 9 minutes in and we hear the first pitch excuse. Bodes well. 
  • 9 minutes in and we hear the first pitch excuse. Bodes well. 
    I mean Saka just slipped so could be true.

Not to mention the excuses arent exactly coming from the players or management are they?
  • Every time Foden injects a bit of pace the other England players manage to slow the play down to a crawl and revert to sideways and backward passing.
  • Same old shit so far.
  • Wonder if Croatia are sitting at the Airport yet?
  • This is fucking pony. We just pass to stationary players over and over. Zero movement off the ball.
  • I'd almost be pleased to see Trippier get a red. Need to try something else as that just is killing us.
  • Where is the confidence?
  • Shame that was offside but nice to see a genuinely quick, good move.