Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England v Slovenia EURO 2024 - Match Thread

Comments

• robroy said:
    Bellingham as the 8. Fodden 10 and put a fucking left winger on. 

Ffs!!! 
    Do that and you stop Rice from doing the only decent stuff he’s been doing all game, all tournament and all season for Arsenal.

The real bold move would be Kane off for a winger, Bellingham up front (like he has filled in for Madrid), Foden behind Jude.
  • You have to take into account which teams we have faced so far and looked this poor. Imagine what will happen when we face a decent team ? Such a shame another wasted opportunity unless someone grabs this lot by the throat and kicks them into action.
  • Putting Gordon on the other side should also free up space for Saka. 

Please Gareth.
  • Tripper off
    Gomez on

Gallagher off
    Gordon on 

Saka off 
    Palmer on

Push Bellingham to 8
    Foden to 10

If Kane doesn't buck his ideas up get Watkins on too

Barring one cross Trippier has been dog shit
  • This is after the lord Mayor's show after watching the Austria v Netherlands 3-2.

Group C had been the poorest group for goals and quality.

As we have qualified why not Palmer and Jordan to liven things up ?
  • This England team haven't been good for a little bit now and I do feel like it's coincided with Bellingham going from a brilliant emerging prospect who can play alongside Rice in the midfield to a global superstar whose role appears to be 'fuck it, do what you want'. If you're going to be a shape and control and safety based team you need to be moving as a unit and Bellingham appears to be playing where he wants however he wants and things aren't linking up. Him and Foden are both wanting to be the creative fulcrum and the big difference there is that de Bruyne is intelligent and experienced enough to know how to alter his role when Foden starts darting and I don't think Bellingham does, because he's about 12 years old. Giving Bellingham a slightly more disciplined role I think would be very helpful rather than seemingly encouraging him to work entirely based on moments of magic.
  • robroy said:
    Bellingham as the 8. Fodden 10 and put a fucking left winger on. 

Ffs!!! 
    Do that and you stop Rice from doing the only decent stuff he’s been doing all game, all tournament and all season for Arsenal.

The real bold move would be Kane off for a winger, Bellingham up front (like he has filled in for Madrid), Foden behind Jude.
    Ballsy and it won't ever happen sadly 
  • Sponsored links:

• We have been in such a weak group that our weaknesses haven't been exploited. It would almost be funny if we end up still winning the group if both games finish 0-0 tonight.
  • edited June 25
    Mainoo potentially coming on? - Yes he is
  • edited June 25

Mainoo on Gallagher off at half time

Did not expect that
  • It’ll be better in knock outs there playing 2 banks off 4 very hard to break down issues bring Watkins on.
  • Well we've Bellendingham,  let's see if he's the real deal this half.
  • Mainoo for Gallagher. Again not solving our problems whatsoever with our shape. 
  • Why doesn't he just fly Calvin Phillips in FFS.

Why is he so obsessed with that part of the pitch being the problem?
     I think Southgate is cracking up.
  • Mainoo for Gallagher. Again not solving our problems whatsoever with our shape. 
    Confirms the rumours that Southgate has made assurances to a lot of players that they are guaranteed their spot and their role. He's scared to change the things thaybwill actually make it better 
  • Concerning Southgate doesn't have a Plan B for formation 
  • Sponsored links:

• I hope Southgate is man enough to admit he’s not up to this and resign, regardless of the result.
    I can’t stand another five years of this shite
  • Better come on!!!!
  • Do Slovenia realise they can go out if they lose this? - Again 3rd placed teams are just happy to sit back a bit too much this year 
  • Think I’d bring Watkins on for Bellingham but saying that Bellinghamhad a brighter start to second half 
  • Thats how you hold your run Foden
  • What the fuck was that Foden??
  • Concerning Southgate doesn't have a Plan B for formation 
    Barely got a Plan A.
  • Finally playing it down the right and getting success. 

Now cue Saka coming off for Palmer once he comes into the game. 
  • Pass it in front of them so they can run onto it. 
  • so the Gallagher experiment didn’t work either