Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England v Slovenia EURO 2024 - Match Thread

Comments

• Annoyingly neither Trippier or Saka were off... 
  • Foden just hold the line man 
  • Damn, that was really well played!!
  • Laddick01 said:
    I'd almost be pleased to see Trippier get a red. Need to try something else as that just is killing us.
    Yeah. The most one footed player at the top level. He just doesn't have a left foot at all. I didn't think that existed above league 1 anymore but here he is playing for England. 

Excellent right back. Can fill in at left back but going into a major tournament with him as your LB is just mad. He's coming off the back of an injury and not his fault but we must have a better LB option surely. Chilwell or Wan Bisaka surely?

Gomez or Konsa must have a better left foot than him
  • Half decent ref.
  • For the first time in years of watching England I honestly want us to go a couple of goals down to force that wanker on the sidelines to grow a pair of balls and ask his team to do something 
  • Laddick01 said:
    I'd almost be pleased to see Trippier get a red. Need to try something else as that just is killing us.
    Yeah. The most one footed player at the top level. He just doesn't have a left foot at all. I didn't think that existed above league 1 anymore but here he is playing for England. 

Excellent right back. Can fill in at left back but going into a major tournament with him as your LB is just mad. He's coming off the back of an injury and not his fault but we must have a better LB option surely. Chilwell or Wan Bisaka surely?

Gomez has played there most of the season.
  • Laddick01 said:

Exactly. Why are we not trying him there.
  • Laddick01 said:

Probably because Trippier is decent at set pieces
  • Lazy from Bellingham 
  • Sponsored links:

• Laddick01 said:

Not a clue.  Especially in a game where we've already qualified, it's a free hit to try it.
  • lol!... Dixon: "Foden just wandered"

No he didnt, he was almost in another Post Code
  • Trippier is killing any momentum at LB 
  • Well I say no idea, but I have one - Southgate is really stubborn, if people say one of his decisions isn't working, he doubles down on it.
  • I'm really surprised he's stuck with Foden today. At the last Euros we won our first game 1-0 and drew our second and looked a bit flat. In came Saka for the Czech Republic game and a quick, energetic superstar was born. Saka looks pretty jaded at the moment and Foden hasn't been at it. I would have rested both of them and put in Gordon and Palmer. Gordon keeps a bit of width on the left and provides an out ball in behind for the midfield and Palmer can cut in knowing that Walker is there to keep the pitch big. I hope they both come on at some point, especially Gordon as Eze didn't make any difference playing a similar way to Foden against Denmark
  • edited June 25
    Lazy from Kane. Expect the pass.
  • What dirt does Foden have on Southgate? Can't believe he's starting again tonight 
  • Looks like Bellingham and Gallagher are playing as dual 8's out of possession with Bellingham having more freedom in possession.
    Sadly so far he's felt free to pass the ball to Slovenia players
  • Is the picture breaking up, we're watching in a hotel room.
  • Sponsored links:

• Bellingham quiet so far again today.
  • Is the picture breaking up, we're watching in a hotel room.
    Lucky you 
  • Foden looking to make things happen. Kane too predictable today so far. 

Nice to see Bellingham wake up.
  • Bellingham quiet so far again today.
    He plays for the foul a bit too much.

Goes into players expecting a FK and it doesnt happen.
  • Whatever we do, never let our players go to the Bundesliga 

Farmers league.
  • edited June 25
    Has Kane always been this slow? 

Thought he used to have a turn of pace. 
  • Half chance for Kane. Just leather it lad.
  • This is better!!
  • Laddick01 said:
    I'm really surprised he's stuck with Foden today. At the last Euros we won our first game 1-0 and drew our second and looked a bit flat. In came Saka for the Czech Republic game and a quick, energetic superstar was born. Saka looks pretty jaded at the moment and Foden hasn't been at it. I would have rested both of them and put in Gordon and Palmer. Gordon keeps a bit of width on the left and provides an out ball in behind for the midfield and Palmer can cut in knowing that Walker is there to keep the pitch big. I hope they both come on at some point, especially Gordon as Eze didn't make any difference playing a similar way to Foden against Denmark
    For me, Foden looks like the only one that can regularly make something happen. 

Based on the games so far, I'd argue he could challenge Bellingham for that central role.
    I do agree with you, but it's at the cost of our overall balance. The way Bellingham has ambled about since the Denmark game to be honest I'd rather see Foden there than him as well. It does feel like we're playing like someone like Poland or South Korea or something, a team that is happy to keep it tight and just give it to the superstar capable of a moment of brilliance. We're a bit short of patterns of play. Growing into it now though a bit
  • Has Kane always been this slow? 

Thought he used to have a turn of pace. 
    He looks slow and clumsy so far this tournament.