Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v 🇸🇰 Slovakia

Comments

• Dazzler21 said:
    Bellingham when dropped deeper was more beneficial. Saka at LB kind of worked. No worse than Trippier.
    What I've been saying all tournament, Saka left wing back.

More difficult now with Guehi out, but still better than Trippier left back.
  • Had one eye on the football & the other on the last few overs of the latest Kent debacle ....not much to choose between them until the final whistle blew in Germany. 

Don't you just love "relaxing" watching sport ! 
  • ITV coverage absolute tripe.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Bellingham when dropped deeper was more beneficial. Saka at LB kind of worked. No worse than Trippier.
    What I've been saying all tournament, Saka left wing back.

More difficult now with Guehi out, but still better than Trippier left back.
     Gomez or Konsa will be fine to stand in for Guehi 
  • Can’t stop watching this 😂

Neville has outdone himself here 

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C82YDTCIrcF/?igsh=MWR6enZrN3l3NnE1cA==
  • Southgate now has 6 days to work on things for the next game, which is quite a big gap in tournament football. Is anyone confident he will actually change anything (aside from the enforced change as Guehi is suspended)?
    He”ll change nothing. We’ll beat Switzerland. 
    We are going out in the semis. Southgate will be held up as a successful coach. 
    Next coach will come in, rinse and repeat. 
  • Toney with the 2 assists. Who'd bet on that.
    The first assist was Guéhi.
  • Harry Kane slightly stretching the truth i think.

"The long-throw we did (for the equaliser) was something we worked on."

Yes Harry, i'm sure a miracle strike out of nowhere from Bellingham was definitely something you worked on all week.........
    Tottenham prick.
  • Sponsored links:

• It was a pathetic performance rescued by two set pieces. 
  • Just get the job done England... Dont care how!!
    How did this work out for you? 
  • Leuth said:
    Just get the job done England... Dont care how!!
    How did this work out for you? 
    It was a bit nerve racking, but it always will in this Tournament games
  • Come on lads and lasses, it definitely picked up in the second half. Disallowed goal, Kane’s missed header, Rice hit the post - I always felt we’d score even though we left it late. 
    Mind you, we’ll lose to Switzerland if Southgate doesn’t shake thing up quite a lot. 
  • I hope the England players and management watched the Spain game against Georgia, to see what a good performance looks like. Apart from the quality on show, there was no thought when Spain like England came back from being 1-0 down to lead 2-1, to just sit on their lead, and see the game out. Instead they kept controlling the ball and attacking, and got more goals to kill the game off.
  • JamesSeed said:
    Come on lads and lasses, it definitely picked up in the second half. Disallowed goal, Kane’s missed header, Rice hit the post - I always felt we’d score even though we left it late. 
    Mind you, we’ll lose to Switzerland if Southgate doesn’t shake thing up quite a lot. 
    I think the Switzerland game will go to penalties.
  • Toney with the 2 assists. Who'd bet on that.
    The first assist was Guéhi.
    Yea just realised that.
  • JamesSeed said:
    Come on lads and lasses, it definitely picked up in the second half. Disallowed goal, Kane’s missed header, Rice hit the post - I always felt we’d score even though we left it late. 
    You say disallowed goal like there was some doubt. Miles offside. 
  • JamesSeed said:
    It did. It from absolutely atrocious to "only" being very bad. Slovakia seemed to be thrown off by the disallowed goal and dropped off a bit - we got a bit lucky frankly.
  • Sponsored links:

• JamesSeed said:
    Yep, we had one more shot on target in the second half than we did in the first. It came in the 95th minute.
  • That felt a bit David Platt when Jude put that in

did the recent AFCON winners sack their manager during the tournament ?

We’ve got a bye to the final , he fucked up the 2018 World Cup bye let’s not fuck this one up

it's coming home , I don’t know what it’s is though 
  • 94 minutes of that match was like watching Charlton on a bad day. Then Bellingham turned up and in extra time Kane remembered that he's a centre forward.

Got the result we needed but Switzerland won't be a pushover. Just hope we can do it.
  • Was at the dentist for an hour this morning, I think I’d prefer a 2 hour appointment then watching England at the moment.
  • I hope the England players and management watched the Spain game against Georgia, to see what a good performance looks like. Apart from the quality on show, there was no thought when Spain like England came back from being 1-0 down to lead 2-1, to just sit on their lead, and see the game out. Instead they kept controlling the ball and attacking, and got more goals to kill the game off.
    Southgate 100% will not do that. His wife must be so pleased he’s away for another week, the geezer must be most the most boring bloke on the planet.
  • We have really struggled to beat 2 countries with populations of 6 million. Next we are playing a country with a population of 8 million and have to beat them. Is there anything that suggests we can improve enough to contest a big country if we ever get to play them, Germany, Spain or France? Because I have seen nothing to suggest we will.
  • Last two winners of this tournament had 3 out of 4 knockout games end in a draw after 90 minutes, including at least one game they were heavy favourites in.

2016 Portugal: Croatia (a.e.t.) -> Poland (p) -> Wales -> France (a.e.t.)

2020 Italy: Austria (a.e.t.) -> Belgium -> Spain (p) -> England (p)
  • edited July 1
    England at major tournaments the last forty years (grouped by individual managers):

84 DNQ
    86 8th
    88 7th
    90 4th
    (average - 6th, plus one DNQ)

92 7th
    94 DNQ

96 3rd

98 9th

00 11th

02 6th
    04 5th
    06 7th
    (average - 6th)

08 DNQ

10 13th

12 5th
    14 26th
    16 12th
    (average - 14th)

18 4th
    20 2nd
    22 6th
    24 8th or better
    (average - at worst, 5th)

GS now inarguably the manager with the best tournament results for England in the last 40 years.
  • JamesSeed said:
    I think the Switzerland game will go to penalties.
    If were lucky.