Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Next England Manager - Thomas Tuchel

Comments

• Pretty sure he was joking.
  • If we get a foreign manager, it feels important that they have Premier League experience and speak the language well. I don't understand why we wouldn't want one if we haven't got any English candidates with any sort of record of winning major tophies. 
    Because of the whole thing about them “not getting British culture” (not my words).
  • I would love it to be Klopp, but Potter is a decent (and more realistic) option. As long as from this day forth anyone who uses the phrase ‘handbrake on’ is given a life ban on any football forum I’m easy with any appointment.
  • Davo55 said:
    how come there's no mention of Wayne Rooney ?
    Because he's about as successful at football management as I am at pole vaulting.
    Pretty sure I’ve seen you holding a long shaft before?
  • I would love it to be Klopp, but Potter is a decent (and more realistic) option. As long as from this day forth anyone who uses the phrase ‘handbrake on’ is given a life ban on any football forum I’m easy with any appointment.
    “Let them off the leash”
  • Davo55 said:
    how come there's no mention of Wayne Rooney ?
    Because I would more successful at football management as him at pole vaulting.

• Interesting argument here as to why Pep might be feasible...

https://x.com/robstaton/status/1813279047872401537

• edited July 18
    aside from euro 2020 we had some very handy runs. 

This euros we were lucky to get to the final and got what we deserved. By losing to a better team. 

Edit you can only beat what is front of you. 
  • Sponsored links:

• how come there's no mention of Wayne Rooney ?
    Come on Lincs you can’t be serious . 
  • how come there's no mention of Wayne Rooney ?
    Or Dowie!
  • Why not Sarina Weigman? 
    Unfortunately too large a percentage of English fans are thick bigots, having a woman in charge would be suicide.

I’m sorry but bollocks. This is a massive job in football, not an experiment. Once a woman has proved herself at club level (and let’s take into account man management, pressure, differential in speed of play, skill, power) then perhaps we can move on. But just shouting ‘bigot’ is a joke.

and I’ll reiterate, no problem with a women managing a men’s team, once they’ve experienced the environment (and yes Neville should never have got the job)

I could get my uefa A badge tomorrow, but I’ve never tasted the pressure, the money, the commitment and ego of men’s professional football, so how could I expect to handle the elite at managerial level….

But yeah, bigot….🙄
    Yep, clearly the fans.

Rumours of bellinghams attitude already. Can’t see him running through a brick wall for a female manager
    Unfortunately too large a percentage of English fans are thick bigots, having a woman in charge would be suicide.

I’m sorry but bollocks. This is a massive job in football, not an experiment. Once a woman has proved herself at club level (and let’s take into account man management, pressure, differential in speed of play, skill, power) then perhaps we can move on. But just shouting ‘bigot’ is a joke.

and I’ll reiterate, no problem with a women managing a men’s team, once they’ve experienced the environment (and yes Neville should never have got the job)

I could get my uefa A badge tomorrow, but I’ve never tasted the pressure, the money, the commitment and ego of men’s professional football, so how could I expect to handle the elite at managerial level….

But yeah, bigot….🙄
    Yep, clearly the fans.

Rumours of bellinghams attitude already. Can’t see him running through a brick wall for a female manager
    What do you expect, there was no penalty shootout loses or red cards so the press will find other reasons to go after someone.
    This isn’t new news. There was reports back in Germany that he had an attitude problem at wasn’t popular with his team mates. 

But yeah, bigot….🙄
    Yep, clearly the fans.

What do you expect, there was no penalty shootout loses or red cards so the press will find other reasons to go after someone.
    This isn’t new news. There was reports back in Germany that he had an attitude problem at wasn’t popular with his team mates. 
    I know but they are bringing it all back up and talking about other players being put out by the adidas hey Jude advert etc , it wouldn’t be getting brought up if someone had got themselves sent off at 1-1 in the final as they’d be getting hounded instead 
  • He’s mixed race
  • I wonder why Bellingham, a confident young black man has been labelled as having an attitude problem? 

He clearly has a phenomenal work ethic to be where he is at his age. 
    Probably because he spent too much time falling to the floor too easily and then staying there.
    He also had a "face on" throughout the tournament.
    He made me think of those other black men Ronaldo (Portugal) and Charlie Kirk.
  • Sponsored links:

• England men’s vs England womens next friendly 
  • edited July 19
    Can't this thread just be about the next England manager who is going to be a man ?

Ok I get Carter you don't rate women playing football, talking about football, or being mention in connection with football ! but again WTF has that got to do with this thread ?

I would prefer an Englishman being the England manager but if Howe stays at Newcastle and Potter doesn't get the gig then I guess foreign names come into the equation.

If England appoint a Scottish* manager you know that 30 minutes before his first match a video will appear with him celebrating with his Jock friends, famous England defeats in WC or Euros.

*Other foreign countries are available !
  • JohnBoyUK said:
    JohnBoyUK said:
    Don't care what the nationality of the manager is as long as we play attacking, attractive football.

Klopp, just to boil the piss of the 'we're Scouse not English'.
    Followed by Poch.

Wouldn't touch Potter or Howe with a bargepole.

How bizarre !

Eddie Howe achieved in every division getting promoted from League 2 until he reached the Premier.
    Managed to get the great underachievers Newcastle into the Champions league and this season overcome having eleven 1st teamers injured yet they still played attractive football.
    After 17 years he has the experience but the FA probably won't want to pay out the contract to get him.

Chelsea made Graham Potter rich assuming he has received the millions in compensation as he was in no rush to take the Leicester Job and other jobs he has been offered.
    Potter is as bright as a button and will continue to be a possession based manager, great against the top teams but hopefully a tad more direct against the lesser teams as you score one goal if there are 3 passes to score or 23 touches on the way to the net.

I predict it will be an Ex Chelsea Manager, so at least 3 contenders ?
    Perhaps JohnBoy hasn't recovered from the fact that Newcastle, under Howe, have beaten Spurs in three of the last four encounters: 4-0, 6-1 and before that 2-1 at White Hart Lane. But then everyone beats Spurs these days! 

That's why I was surprised AA after the attractive way Newcastle give Spurs a spanking.
    And we beat them 5-1 and 4-1 in the time he has been in charge too but you all seem to have forgotten that.

He's done an ok job at Newcastle with massive backing.  He done well to get them to the CL in his first full season but they had no European football.  Then they got found out.  Yeah they've had some injuries but what club hasn't?  He done a good job at Bournemouth by getting them up but ultimately, it was on his watch they got relegated.

So yeah, in my opinion, he shouldn't even be in contention for the England job.  I get the link because he is English but if he was foreign, he wouldn't even be discussed, would he?!
    This is a bit of a myth. Signed only 2 players who cost over 45m and one of them then got banned and hardly played. In the main he's worked with a squad that were rubbish under Steve Bruce combined with some relatively cheap signings. Even the likes of Botman and Bruno Guimaraes cost less than 40m.
  • Can't this thread just be about the next England manager who is going to be a man ?

Ok I get Carter you don't rate women playing football, talking about football, or being mention in connection with football ! but again WTF has that got to do with this thread ?

I would prefer an Englishman being the England manager but if Howe stays at Newcastle and Potter doesn't get the gig then I guess foreign names come into the equation.

If England appoint a Scottish* manager you know that 30 minutes before his first match a video will appear with him celebrating with his Jock friends famous England defeats in WC or Euros.

Because its a chat forum and people were doing a solid impression of making a case for the Dutch female manager of the England womens team being seriously considered for the most high profile role in the English mens professional game. 

And I don’t have the slightest issue with female veterans talking with authority and experience on primetime TV for the womens game. 

In all honesty the serious candidates are 
    Lee Carsley and Ashley Cole 
    Graham Potter with whoever his assistant is 
    Eddie Howe with incredibly Jason Tindal as his number 2 

My point was anyone who isn't tongue in cheek suggesting Weigman for the job is doing so for the same reasons men tell women they are feminists 
  • edited July 19
    Can't this thread just be about the next England manager who is going to be a man ?

If England appoint a Scottish* manager you know that 30 minutes before his first match a video will appear with him celebrating with his Jock friends, famous England defeats in WC or Euros.

It was started by people suggesting a woman and then calling the fans bigots!

Perhaps you should have said what you have then….
  • Carter said:

If England appoint a Scottish* manager you know that 30 minutes before his first match a video will appear with him celebrating with his Jock friends famous England defeats in WC or Euros.

Because its a chat forum and people were doing a solid impression of making a case for the Dutch female manager of the England womens team being seriously considered for the most high profile role in the English mens professional game. 

And I don’t have the slightest issue with female veterans talking with authority and experience on primetime TV for the womens game. 

In all honesty the serious candidates are 
    Lee Carsley and Ashley Cole 
    Graham Potter with whoever his assistant is 
    Eddie Howe with incredibly Jason Tindal as his number 2 

My point was anyone who isn't tongue in cheek suggesting Weigman for the job is doing so for the same reasons men tell women they are feminists 
    Total disaster - Billy Reid….Scottish. 
  • Can't this thread just be about the next England manager who is going to be a man ?

Still don't think this is the thread for this but for the right of reply:
     I explained why Sarina Weigman was a total non starter and you nearly copied what I said verbatim even saying Phil Neville shouldn't have got the England women's job as he had no experience in women's football just like Weigman has no experience of Men's football; you obviously agreed with me.

It basic football and biology common sense that any female coach would need to have worked in men's football for at least a decade lower down in the pyramid to even get a chance to manager a Kent league team. Unless they were the owner like a Marc White and make themselves manager.

I wish CEL had gone into detail who he thought were bigots ?  He threw a grenade in and waited for the fall out.
  • edited July 19

Still don't think this is the thread for this but for the right of reply:
     I explained why Sarina Weigman was a total non starter and you nearly copied what I said verbatim even saying Phil Neville shouldn't have got the England women's job as he had no experience in women's football just like Weigman has no experience of Men's football; you obviously agreed with me.

It basic football and biology common sense that any female coach would need to have worked in men's football for at least a decade lower down in the pyramid to even get a chance to manager a Kent league team. Unless they were the owner like a Marc White and make themselves manager.

I wish CEL had gone into detail who he thought were bigots ?  He threw a grenade in and waited for the fall out.
    So we clearly agree. I just don’t know why you took offence to Carters post when this had been brought up earlier. 

I know you’re a huge advocate for women’s football and I totally support it, I just don’t think you targeted the right poster.