Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Mark Goldbridge working with the club?

Internet personality and Man U fan Mark Goldbridge has popped up in recent podcasts etc. wearing Charlton shirts, saying Charlton are his League One team, etc.

Now he’s appeared on the Charlton Tik Tok account guessing Charlton players from pictures of them in their playing days.

Attempts to grow the numbers of the younger generation in the fanbase? Don’t think I’ve seen a club try something like this before.

Comments

• Idk, can't really hurt even if it's the most plastic thing ever 
  • ‘Internet personality’.
    Aren’t we all Mr Warhol?
  • Internet personality and Man U fan Mark Goldbridge has popped up in recent podcasts etc. wearing Charlton shirts, saying Charlton are his League One team, etc.

Now he’s appeared on the Charlton Tik Tok account guessing Charlton players from pictures of them in their playing days.

Attempts to grow the numbers of the younger generation in the fanbase? Don’t think I’ve seen a club try something like this before.
    Can he not just wank himself silly over Wrexham like all the weirdo internet football personalities, sure Rob and Ryan would throw him a dime for their favourite thing, exposure 
  • Oh yay... Bloke is an over exaggerating wanker!!
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 20
    LTKapal said:
    Internet personality and Man U fan Mark Goldbridge has popped up in recent podcasts etc. wearing Charlton shirts, saying Charlton are his League One team, etc.

Correction he supports Nottingham forest of I recall correctly, he " supports" Manchester United for clout and views but anybody who pretends to support another team is a wrongun in my books
    Yeah he’s using a fake name as well right?

It is a bit weird and very Arsenal TV, I’d say it’s not for anyone above the age of about 16 really.

But all this stuff does good numbers on social media and he’s clearly making a decent living off of sponsorships and advertising so power to him.
  • LTKapal said:

Correction he supports Nottingham forest of I recall correctly, he " supports" Manchester United for clout and views but anybody who pretends to support another team is a wrongun in my books
    This is a myth, there's photos out there of him in United kits as a kid. He's just from Nottingham, he never supported Forest.
  • Can’t say I know much about him apart from the snippets that pop up on my social media feed which I quickly scroll through.

But looking at his Wikipedia 3.5 million combined subscribers - I guess even if a small percentage of that become interested in Charlton off the back of it - it can’t be a bad thing right?

Even if the bloke is a bell. 
  • Never heard of him. Hopefully he knows how to cross a ball. 
  • Neither had I so looked him up, Mark Goldbridge is his online pseudonym, real name Brent di Cesare aparently.
  • I find him hilarious in a David Brent type way 
  • Not meant for the 40-50-60 somethings in here. It is a social media marketing push for next generation teen through a 20s who helped make Goldbridge the money he has generated since his early YT days. He has 3.6million YT channel subscribers alone.

Not my cup of tea stylistically, but if he helps us gather a few extra thousand interested followers, I really don’t give a fcuk. Our numbers have reduced, possibly understandably, since our glory hunting prem days. Recovering more bums on seats, merch purchases etc is good for the club and I hope this initiative works. Our forum contains some of the most passionately supporting CAFC fans we could wish for, this push is clearly there to attact those that may first question who are Charlton and where are they based? Fair play to the marketing team imho. 🤞🤞🤞

• I find it highly unlikely that the club would entertain this, and find it very strange that he is "following" us at all, as for the condescending "We are his league one club"...sod off you prat...🤦‍♂️
  • Sponsored links:

• Not meant for the 40-50-60 somethings in here. It is a social media marketing push for next generation teen through a 20s who helped make Goldbridge the money he has generated since his early YT days. He has 3.6million YT channel subscribers alone.

Not my cup of tea stylistically, but if he helps us gather a few extra thousand interested followers, I really don’t give a fcuk. Our numbers have reduced, possibly understandably, since our glory hunting prem days. Recovering more bums on seats, merch purchases etc is good for the club and I hope this initiative works. Our forum contains some of the most passionately supporting CAFC fans we could wish for, this push is clearly there to attact those that may first question who are Charlton and where are they based? Fair play to the marketing team imho. 🤞🤞🤞

Agree but "his league one club" stuff is "cringe" as the yoof say
  • edited August 20
    Did he cover the FA Cup game when we went up there? Surly he would have said something or give a hint that Charlton are his top league 1 side. 

Edit…. I don’t really care. 
  • Had to Google him
    not sure why that has 7 LOL's

I have never heard of him either
  • MrOneLung said:
    Had to Google him
    not sure why that has 7 LOL's

I have never heard of him either
    I hadn't. He has an interesting spat going with Paul Parker ex of man u.

Agree but "his league one club" stuff is "cringe" as the yoof say
    Social media is the biggest cringe/b*llsh*t fest we could imagine, but unfortunately the next Gen and below, buy all of it, they rarely go so far to question what they are being told, so the club would appear to the playing to it. Substitute Mark Goldbrige with George Clooney or Scarlett Johansson and no questions asked if they came out and claimed the same. Perhaps we would think a bit odd, but part of you would be like, wow, ok. Mark is that level of celebrity to those teens, believe it or not. His daily shows used to charge those teens £5 a pop just to submit a question which I think rose to a tenner if he read it out and provided a response. A parallel universe, nuts imho, but this is the next gen world we are playing to…

Not worth too much debate tbf, other than to understand whether the club are building metrics to understand what impact such a campaign is having…?