Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Mark Goldbridge working with the club?

Comments

• edited October 11
    sam3110 said:
    We were joking about the face of the club being Jim Davidson or someone else shit, but they actually managed to find someone else even less funny
    well I am totally underwhelmed, its like when they promised us a top scoring international striker and Andy Jones shipped up. Or when they promised us a unique spectator enhancement and we bought a sofa. Just once I would like us to be slightly less shit.
  • Too many old sods on here, including me  who have to ask who he is. Lol
  • Are we expecting people to attend after watching Mark Goldbridge say he likes Charlton? Feels a little like his first game attending being Wrexham plays slightly more into their favour than ours, like we're making a big deal of it 
  • Sponsored links:

• Never heard of him, but then I'm way out of his demographic range.
    If the club thinks it'll bring in fans from his 1.25 million followers, I suppose it can't be a bad thing.
    Time will tell I guess!
  • sam3110 said:
    I dread to think how much money we're throwing his way for this. I can be filmed being unfunny whilst watching Charlton for 2 hours, at least I'm actually a fan of us, instead of some no-mark from Nottingham with a fake name being a plastic rent-a-fan for ManUre
    Didn’t realise you had seven figure follower counts!
  • edited October 11
    Tell you what though, that’s guaranteed at least a last minute Wrexham equaliser or worse, a 3-0 defeat!
  • edited October 11
    Marketing is about trying different things across different channels and measuring what works. No harm in trying this. 
  • So for us oldies, what exactly is a "Watchalong"?

Does he have the match livestream showing on his YouTube channel (That's Football?) with his and fans reactions added in some way. Or is it something different.?
  • Sponsored links:

Does he have the match livestream showing on his YouTube channel (That's Football?) with his and fans reactions added in some way. Or is it something different.?
    It's where people watch someone watching the match.

You can't see the match... You just watch them watching it. 

I'm not sure how many people watch it live but I know the clips do well. 

It's worse than that. He can't legally show the game so a 'watchalong' is basically you watching him watch the game. You just see and hear his thoughts, reactions etc.
  • It’s basically a live gogglebox to a football match 
  • He’s basically only well known for being massively negative when talking about Man U which I’m assuming won’t fly if he wants to be negative about us 
  • fair play to the club - had no idea who he was, but this sort of thing clearly has a massive following (I suspect my kids will know who he is)

doesn't offend/effect me in any way and if it generates interest then what's not to like.

Interesting that the crowd for the day is expected to top 20k 
  • Not going to make any difference to me personally but ultimately its a question of trying to get more attention and views and hopefully turn that into revenue down the line.

Charlton are just one league one club in the London area when there's a whole bunch of others and many more successful ones. If something like this turns out to be what works, so be it.