Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

MATCH THREAD : Bristol Rovers V Charlton Athletic : Tuesday 1st October 2024 KO 19:45

Comments

• We go op the left via Watson and Campbell, who's challenged on the touchline and they have a throw.
  • edited October 1
    This looks like Nathan's quiet quit. Easier for him than having to pay off his contract

But why? It’s only October
  • Wigan 2-0
  • Ahadme pulled down again, Anderson sends it forwards towards berry but they clear.
  • Big let off there.
  • Lepoint had a better first touch though…
  • Lacklustre passing. Anderson in the first half and that ball by Gillespie just then … pathetic 
  • Big let off there.
    lol!... Why the f**k did their CB take it off Sinclair's toes!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Scoham said:
    This looks like Nathan's quiet quit. Easier for him than having to pay off his contract

Because he's had a better offer?
  • Phew! Defence are all over the shop, Mitchell was all by himself as Gillesphey was out of position and Jones was a bit slow to get back, but the Rovers forwards didn't make the best of the chance and it was out for a goal kick.
  • Dodged a bullet there.
  • This is so shit, I am now flicking through the Machine Mart catalog looking for a good quality welder 
  • Big let off there.
    lol!... Why the f**k did their CB take it off Sinclair's toes!!

Trying to get signed by us in January.
  • It's a good job Bristol Rovers are shite otherwise it would be game over already.

Having said that, we're proper shite so yes, it's already game over.

☹️
  • The LePoint signing was hilarious. The bloke had just come back from a serious car crash that nearly killed him, and his legs were made of fibreglass.

Only Charlton
  • My mate and I were going to go to this - thank fuck we swerved it !!
  • Gillesphey pumps the ball into their box and it's easy for their keeper.
  • edited October 1
    This is so shit, I am now flicking through the Naked Machine Mart catalog looking for a good quality naked welder 
    Sorry. I'm bored 
  • Sponsored links:

• Scoham said:
    Sky Sports app says we had 58% possession, that can’t be right??? Cawley saying 57%, presumably another source which backs it up.
    Our defenders passing it to each other, possession is in our half because no midfielders are ever available.
  • Scoham said:

Because he's had a better offer?
    I’d have thought Cardiff will go for someone out of contract. Can’t see anyone else paying compensation to bring in Jones. Not as if our football will attract interest.
  • Rovers look so much more dangerous when they attack. 
  • DDOUBLEE said:
    Like I’ve said previously, why does every manager we’ve had since relegation seem to lose the players? Wasn’t it Johnnie Jackson (someone who gets the club) who said that there is something seriously wrong with the culture here? We’ve had two managers say that they don’t want “any dickheads” in the squad and yet that’s all we ever seem to get 
    There certainly seems a bigger issue at the club, and just getting rid of Manager after Manager seems the lazy way of trying to deal with it, and as we're finding... Its not.
    Also owners... and boards... we've changed them all - players, managers, boards, owners.... consistently crap no matter who is in place 

What is left to change? 

Must be the gypsy Belgian's curse 

• We are definitely trying to play more football, but we pass it so slowly that it seems players don't trust each other. It looks awkward. And then there's a lot of standing on the ball, literally and figuratively. It's like we can only think of one thing at a time. 
  • Rovers come forward, and Gillesphey puts it out for a corner. Ahdame's down outside the D, so we'll have to wait for a bit.
  • Ahadme down off the ball. Aneke coming on I think to replace him.
  • If we play like this vs Birmingham it will be ugly but suspect we won't 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!