Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

MATCH THREAD : Bristol Rovers V Charlton Athletic : Tuesday 1st October 2024 KO 19:45

Comments

• This isn't going to end well.

Can't see any way that NJ is getting this squad back on track. Not even one glimmer of something changing. 

Brownie saying " a bit of a lack of confidence". 

Now why would that be ? 
  • cafc4life said:
    Wow , what do we do in training all week 
    Magic mushrooms 🍄 
  • It's the aimless nature of the style of play that's so worrying. 
    Still, 45 to go and the wind behind us this half.
    COYRs
  • Ended the half okay but my God there is alot to sort. 

Anderson is shit..if someone can tell me what he offers then I'll be glad to listen. As a team, we look slow and our passing is shit. 

Rovers play to the strengths they have...Big man into feet, pass between the lines for the quick lad. 

Don't rate Gilesphy. Awful player
    Anderson put a chance on a plate for Jones. Much worse out there today.
  • These are all Jones' players.

They are playing to his style & tactics. 

Only 1 person to blame.
    Exactly. Seen people blaming “the owners” for May and Ahadme but it’s our glorious manager who wanted to do this
  • These are all Jones' players.

They are playing to his style & tactics. 

Only 1 person to blame.
    Most of them are, but yes - and it sits badly with me given my annoyance with you on match threads historically - I agree with you 
  • It’s all down to the manager there his players. They look just terrible players the who lot of them. No way going up this year I don’t think think manager will be her at Xmas. 
  • edited October 1
    NabySarr said:
    At one point Ahadme lost an aerial duel against no one 
    The lack of general ability is plain as day
  • That has to be one of the worst first half displays I've watched, and that includes under Appleton and some of the clowns of the Duchatelet days. We made a team that's lost four on the bounce look like a top side. 

Sadly we can't make ten subs at half time with Mannion the only player worth his salt out there tonight.
  • edited October 1
    I don't think Jones can afford to hang on without bringing at least one of Aneke and Leaburn on. In all honesty, we might as well have started with an extra midfielder and defender and forgot about the strikers.
  • Sponsored links:

• TC and Anderson off for Docherty and Leaburn please, I don't care if that's "rushing him" 
  • Stig said:
    cafc4life said:
    Wow , what do we do in training all week 
    Magic mushrooms 🍄 
    Oi that's our coach your talking about!!!  Oh sorry, though you said tragic...
  • edited October 1
    I think Mitchell, Mannion, Gillesphey and Coventry have had the most touches for us, so if you're not watching, that paints the perfect picture of how we've played.
  • Steven81 said:
    Coventry is shit aswell Mr sideways/backwards pass
    Loves to bottle a challenge too
  • Ended the half okay but my God there is alot to sort. 

Anderson is shit..if someone can tell me what he offers then I'll be glad to listen. As a team, we look slow and our passing is shit. 

Rovers play to the strengths they have...Big man into feet, pass between the lines for the quick lad. 

Don't rate Gilesphy. Awful player
    Anderson put a chance on a plate for Jones. Much worse out there today.
    His only decent pass. 
  • Think I'll cheer myself up by watching the Celtic game.
  • DDOUBLEE said:
    Like I’ve said previously, why does every manager we’ve had since relegation seem to lose the players? Wasn’t it Johnnie Jackson (someone who gets the club) who said that there is something seriously wrong with the culture here? We’ve had two managers say that they don’t want “any dickheads” in the squad and yet that’s all we ever seem to get 
    There certainly seems a bigger issue at the club, and just getting rid of Manager after Manager seems the lazy way of trying to deal with it, and as we're finding... Its not.
    Also owners... and boards... we've changed them all - players, managers, boards, owners.... consistently crap no matter who is in place 

What is left to change? 

Must be the gypsy curse 

Us fans.

• Please get leaburn and Chuks on. These are pony but we have nothing up front.

Literally can’t get any worse.
  • Sponsored links:

• DannyAddick has beaten me to it but it’s worth repeating, this display is every bit as bad as Appleton’s last games. 

Watched Cray Wanderers beat Hastings in FA cup Saturday, they played far, far better football. 

I can only think our esteemed manager has lost the dressing room. 
  • Brown59 said:
    It’s all down to the manager there his players. They look just terrible players the who lot of them. No way going up this year I don’t think think manager will be her at Xmas. 
    Am sure the deckchairs will looks beautiful when they're slightly moved again - We need to stop thinking there is a quick fix, with a Manager coming in and making us world beaters from the word go.

Replacing the Manager up to three times a season has been working brilliantly of late hasnt it
  • Pretty crap.
    Well ugly crap really.
  • The only good thing about tonight has been this match thread.
  • This coverage stuff nowadays with sky dropping in and out on CATV is very amateur and infuriating, thought this was supposed to be an improvement...distant memories of Scott and Curbs giving their analysis...improvement my arse...
  • We could still win this but Jones has to make the right changes. I am not sure about the universe he lives in if he thinks Watson is a better option than Ramsay.
  • Wycombe winning 0-1
  • Subs all warming up so don't expect changes. Uh, here we go. I'm slacking off work to watch this. Thinking about just going back to working.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!