Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

MATCH THREAD : Bristol Rovers V Charlton Athletic : Tuesday 1st October 2024 KO 19:45

Comments

• Who last scored from a free kick, Johnny Jackson?
    Good question. I reckon Ricky Holmes away at Sheffeld United
  • Bloody awful half. Nothing up front and I don't think Ahadme can see out of his mask. Feel sorry for the defence under pressure for forty minutes and a midfield chasing the ball all over. Must bring on Chuks at half time IMO. Then Leaburn and Godden if we still can't get anything.
    COYA!
  • I would further the shout NJ has lost them by the fact he's not been animated at all this game in particular like he usually, given how fucking shite we've been he has every right to be losing his nut 
  • 1 shot in a half!
    In a league you are going to piss, this never happens
  • Well what can anyone say? That was just abysmal! No fight, no passion, no clue, no skill, just slow, ponderous, boring, and quite frankly relegation  standard.
    I was a big supporter of Jones, but this is not good enough...what on earth has happened?
    Sort it out Jones, or move over!

• I’m turning it off. That fucking free kick has done me.
    useless pricks 
    I turned it off 20 minutes ago
  • Players look like they don't want to play. We've not even playing like a struggling team, just like we can't be bothered or don't know what we're doing.
  • Women's team seem to be having a good start to their season...well done
  • Sponsored links:

• Scoham said:
    Gribbo said:
    GeoffB said:
    Have to ask - has NJ lost the dressing room - seems ridiculous but evidence is there.
    Yeah I was thinking the same tbh Geoff
    The question is, why has that happened?
    Do they really believe in this cautious, direct, grindy style? (Struggle to call it football). We’re set up like a bottom 8 club looking for a way to keep us up, not one who apparently have roughly the 4th biggest budget.
    I agree with this so much.

We play how a team trying to avoid relegation would play. 

It’s not working, it barely worked when it was working. I understand in football you need to not be knee jerk, but I struggle to see how Jones was ever a coach held in such high regard with the brand of football he has us playing. 

Teams move the ball quicker and better than us, and because we are so rigid in formation, they press us quicker and better than us as well. 

It’s fucking grim. 
  • Couldn't win a ball in a bent raffle
  • Bristol are crap, sadly we are worse. I agree that Jones appears to have lost the dressing room.

We have no idea how to play, it’s like painting by numbers rather than true artistry.
  • Never seen 2 players like Gillesphey and Berry there for that free kick look so nervous and unsure on what to even do

we look lost in every department

Just terrible
    Naby Sarr scored one at Wimbledon in 2019
  • I think May scored a free kick last season didnt he? Jimmy seed end
  • Dreadful. Can't really add anything as we all know how bad this is. 
  • edited October 1
    There were many passages of play illustrating our problems but one stood out for me. A ball was in the air for Ahadme to win reasonably easily. Campbell moves towards Ahadme and the ball when he should have tried to get level with the last defender. Then if Ahadme had flicked it on well he would have been through. Of course Ahadme did win the header but didn't flick it on well, but if he had Campbell wouldn't have been able to capitalise. Many issues with our team is that our forwards just aren't up to it. The ball never sticks and they don't threaten. 

Ok, yes there are other issues but you have to carry a threat. When Leaburn and Aneke come on we will see a massive difference. 
  • Just what Bristol Rovers needed to pick them up after their 4 game losing run. Shocking performance. 
  • Sponsored links:

• cafc4life said:
    Wow , what do we do in training all week 
    Practice penalties 
  • All subs on the pitch, so no halftime changes.

I remember Andy Shinnie scoring one at home to Oxford but the last couple of seasons have been such a mess I don't recall any others well enough.
  • Like I’ve said previously, why does every manager we’ve had since relegation seem to lose the players? Wasn’t it Johnnie Jackson (someone who gets the club) who said that there is something seriously wrong with the culture here? We’ve had two managers say that they don’t want “any dickheads” in the squad and yet that’s all we ever seem to get 
  • Coventry is awful. All too slow. No counter on the break. No pressing
  • I foolishly thought that we would develop into a really strong positive team this season under Jones. How wrong I was. I really don’t think that we played this badly under Atkins or even Les Reed
  • We have two forwards who have scored one goal between them. They have tried but they don't hold the ball up let alone score. The midfield does not know how to provide chances, even with five players allegedly playing in the midfield, once again the so called Wing backs are not getting forward and with all that we have created one chance, which Jones should put on target, it's actually getting worse. 
  • Chris81 said:
    Players look like they don't want to play. We've not even playing like a struggling team, just like we can't be bothered or don't know what we're doing.
    This is the alarming thing for me, they genuinely have no idea where to go or what to do when they have the ball, within 4 touches someone just aimlessly smacks it up the pitch, this isn't a strategy 
  • In nine first halves, we've now scored one goal.

Pathetic.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!