Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

MATCH THREAD : Bristol Rovers V Charlton Athletic : Tuesday 1st October 2024 KO 19:45

Comments

• Stockport winning 0-1
  • Should be 1-1, bad miss.
  • Berry takes short, interchange with Campbell, the cross is punched away, Anderson crosses in but Jones heads over.
  • That should have gone in. Panicky little twats.
  • How on earth have we missed that…. 
  • Jones misses a sitter from an Anderson cross.
  • How the fuck has he missed that? He's a yard out with nobody in front of him.
  • Chance of sorts through Jones' head
  • Jones heads over after some good build up play by Anderson, should have done better
  • Easy header for Ahadme if Jones had left it 
  • Sponsored links:

• Have to ask - has NJ lost the dressing room - seems ridiculous but evidence is there.
  • That’s virtually an open goal .. 
  • Bristol Rovers home results this season

1-0 win vs Northampton
    3-3 draw vs Spurs U21
    2-0 win vs Cambridge
    0-4 loss vs Wigan
    1-2 loss vs Wycombe

2-0,win to them. But be happy
  • Jones probably should have left that for Ahadme
  • jones clears one off the line for Bristol rovers. This is poor
  • I just can’t believe that we create absolutely no chances . None whatsoever. This has to be the most toothless side I’ve ever seen in all the years I’ve watched Charlton . 
    It’s shocking how we’ve focussed on defending so much we offer so little in possession and attacking.

Even managers like Slade and Fraeye had a few exciting players we could rely on.

Jones is relying on Lloyd Jones taking occasional chances like that one he’s just missed.
  • How does he miss that?
  • Stone the crows, a shot on 42 mins
  • The only time we put a good ball in we can’t score!
  • Just for balance, that was a good ball in from Anderson that Jones wasted.
  • Sponsored links:

• Knew that was in as soon as he shifted it. What's that, 4 "worldies' conceded now this season? It's becoming a trend.
    Hardly a worldie. Just curled it from 20 yards. 

Nor seen a single one of ours try that since the start of the season. 
    Most teams at this level have someone with a bit of class. It could be an older player like Scott Sinclair, or a loanee like Rak-Sakyi.

Or someone like Blackett-Taylor, who was able to create something out of nothing.
  • Do the players think Jones is off to Cardiff? Sure sounds like it..
  • Oh I hate when we pass it about across th back line.
  • A CB finally plays a ball to feet into a midfielder and low and behold we break forward.
  • They look shaky at the back as soon as the tiniest bit of pressure is applied
  • GeoffB said:
    Have to ask - has NJ lost the dressing room - seems ridiculous but evidence is there.
    I agree
  • We're starting to look dangerous …
  • We're starting to look dangerous …
    just in time for a 15 minute break 
  • We send a ball into their box from the right, and there's a bit of confusion between keeper and defender, but Ahadme can't take advantage (tho I suspect the ref would've given a free kick if he had)
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!