Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

MATCH THREAD : Bristol Rovers V Charlton Athletic : Tuesday 1st October 2024 KO 19:45

Comments

• We pass it about but to no real intent, send it forward but Campbell gets bundled off the ball and Ahadme gets penalised for pullling his man down.
  • What an absolute effing donkey Ahadme is.
  • That was awful from Ahadme. Non league 
  • Sadly, to looks to me like NJ has lost the dressing room.

He's getting less than nothing from these players. 
    The players need to get a grip if that’s true 
  • Ahadme is playing so, so poorly 
  • follett said:
    Tactics seriously need a rethink. Tried various combinations of players and no matter what we are completely ineffective 
    What tactics? See no evidence of any.
  • Who was that masked man?

Dunno.
  • edited October 1
    We make bad teams look good, which is what we did during our poor run last year.

I don't think constantly changing managers is the formula for success. But I also don't see a formula for success in how this team has played in recent weeks. I just don't know why we keep trying to go forward long. Teams just sit off of us and win the headers/seconds. It's really basic football, and it's football that is easy to defend at this level.'

I'm worried that we're seeing Stoke Nathan Jones in which he is constantly chopping and changing trying to find the right combination of players without changing his tactics or work on the training ground.

• Sponsored links:

• Chunes said:
    Ahadme's "intelligent pressing" on display there
    He sure does it better than Alf 🤣
  • This is why the 'results matter, performances don't' never holds water over a full season. 

Tournament football sure, but over a season? Bad teams always get found out. 
  • Greenie said:
    So slow closing down!
    we may have a good manager but all our players except probably Jones are non league level - awful footballers 

Is he a good manager? 
  • Ahadme worst ever performance !!!! Just SOOOO SHIT !!!!!

does nothing right or well AT ALL
  • Reading 1-0
    Exeter winning 0-1

• Erk, Rovers whip the ball forward into the area quickly but the shot is more of a deflection, and Mannion saves.
  • Quick whipped ball in from rovers but their forward can't quite get enough on it.

Big let off then.
  • What a useless punt up field from Mannion there. We literally can't hold onto the ball for more than 3 passes
  • Campbell and Anderson would never of graduated from the Charlton academy before this disastrous last five years. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Non existent midfield
  • Jones has really built a shit team it appears.
  • I just can’t believe that we create absolutely no chances . None whatsoever. This has to be the most toothless side I’ve ever seen in all the years I’ve watched Charlton . 
  • This is one of the worst games I’ve ever seen
  • We try to send the ball down the right to Watson but it doesn't quite reach hm before Rovers put it out for a throw.
  • Stig said:
    Is that a mask or a blindfold that Ahadme is wearing?
    I think it’s the same blindfold he has been wearing all season.  He only scored a goal because the ball had a bell in it. 
  • edited October 1
    Thankfully I’m at the pub quiz so missing out on this festival of football.
  • In good news, Bristol is quite near to Cardiff NJ...
  • Jones has really built a shit team it appears.
    But we’ve recruited players from leagues above us???
  • The missus is watching Emily in Paris on the iPad. I am seriously considering letting her put it on the main tele and I’d rather watch that. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!