Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

MATCH THREAD : Bristol Rovers V Charlton Athletic : Tuesday 1st October 2024 KO 19:45

Comments

• Rovevs come forward, the defence area all at sea, and Mannion has to rush out to hoof it away, but it skews wide for a throw in our own half.
  • Mannion with one of our better crossing efforts
  • Absolute crap. Manager looks lost and this conveys to the team.we have some bang average players that are not good enough. I fear for Saturday unless something drastic happens. 
  • This is so depressing, I think I’d rather watch world war 3 beginning on one of the news channels
  • Mannion playing sweeper saves a good opening, we are just splitting apart everywhere...
  • Redhenry said:
    This is one of the worst games I’ve ever seen
    Gills away FA Cup last season was - marginally - worse than this
  • Just aimless football aimed at two of the worst forwards our clubs ever played. One isn’t a forward and the other is Tyreece Campbell
  • Down to 12th. That's become our natural position.
    13th now. Bottom half again.
  • Scott Sinclair is 35 FFS we're making him look like the sprightly 21 year old that had a 1 in 3 record at Swansea!
  • Sponsored links:

• Have we had worse teams than this.
    Yes we have 
    But I don't think I've ever seen a Charlton team that lacks as much creativity as this side. 
    The annoying thing is that in pre season it was obvious we needed a creative player  and we never signed one..
    This midfield is as boring as fuck.
    One creative player is not going to stop us slowly passing the ball around the back and then boot it long.

Thats the only pattern of play we have. We are so slow with the ball, there’s no overlaps, no overloads, no movement off the ball by anyone.

One player ain’t changing that. It’s the way we are set up.
  • Bet Alfie will be begging to start for Brum on Saturday 
  • What the f..k do these players practise on the training ground ? 
  • We. Have. A. Corner
  • Waheeeeeyyyy Ahadme wins us a corner when he probably shouldn't have done.
  • Gillesphey hoofs forward towards Ahadme, look slike the defender's got it, but after a bit of hassling we have a corner.
  • Corner won by Gas relieves the pressure
  • Better from Ahadme - bit of hassling but no stupid foul and they concede a clumsy corner.
  • Shrew said:
    What the f..k do these players practise on the training ground ? 
    They make videos saying their names slowly
  • Sponsored links:

• We seem to have assembled a bunch of gutless wankers again. No matter how many players we sign, what we do with the coaching staff it keeps happening. I can't remember a worse midfield than this.

No leaders anywhere on the pitch. The players either don't know what they are supposed to be doing or simply don't care. This really has the look of a side who's manager has lost the dressing room.

Thank god we are playing a team in such poor form. 
  • According to BBC stats we haven't had a shot yet.... Just checked in here btw
  • Top scorer Jones should have scored
  • We go short and berry gets it in, good delivery put punched clear
  • oh fuck me and we should be level
  • Thankfully I’m at the pub quiz so missing out on this festival of football.
    Put yer phone away!   You'll get disqualified!

The evening is bad enough already.  
  • Gotta score that
  • Great chance Jones, goes begging
  • Lloyd Jones heads over while practically on the line
  • Oh Jones
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!