Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

MATCH THREAD : Bristol Rovers V Charlton Athletic : Tuesday 1st October 2024 KO 19:45

Comments

• Reading 2-0 up. Now 14th.

A win would take us 4th.

A big win could take us 3rd.

Early days in the season. All to play for still.
    Bolton seemed to have turned it around as well.

But least both of them seemingly play ‘football’. I just can’t see a pathway out for us with this style of football. 
  • "Don't go down with a whimper" Brownie is the bargaining phase of grief.
  • Second half...no changes...ffs
  • sam3110 said:
    TC and Anderson off for Docherty and Leaburn please, I don't care if that's "rushing him" 
    What about the “gas man” ?
  • No subs. 
  • edited October 1
    We definitely needed a couple of quality loan signings.

The commentator has just said “the first half wasn’t exactly a thrill a minute”.
  • Could he bring on Aneke as a ten behind Golden and Leabirn. When he signed that was his main position.
  • Second half, Rovers kick off.
  • No changes? Makes sense to waste another 20 minutes or so. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Sky Sports app says we had 58% possession, that can’t be right??? Cawley saying 57%, presumably another source which backs it up.
  • No changes omg 
  • No changes. Why am I not surprised! 
  • edited October 1
    No changes. Lovely. Carry on lads.
  • This is a massive, massive half any way you slice it. We need to show something. We need to show a lot. 
  • Ahadme wins a head ten yard inside our own half but somehow manages to be offside.
  • Ahadme gets a free kick against him for going over the back of his man by the halfway line.
  • wmcf123 said:
    sam3110 said:
    TC and Anderson off for Docherty and Leaburn please, I don't care if that's "rushing him" 
    What about the “gas man” ?
    Keep him on for the comedy relief 
  • TBH it must be quite demoralising playing in this current team. They can try hard all they want, but there isn't one team mate that they can call on to pull something out of the bag for them. No inventiveness, little skill, pace or creativity.
  • Sponsored links:

• Dazzler21 said:
    Ended the half okay but my God there is alot to sort. 

Anderson is shit..if someone can tell me what he offers then I'll be glad to listen. As a team, we look slow and our passing is shit. 

Rovers play to the strengths they have...Big man into feet, pass between the lines for the quick lad. 

Don't rate Gilesphy. Awful player
    Anderson put a chance on a plate for Jones. Much worse out there today.
    His only decent pass. 
    Not far off. It's just weird in a game this bad to single out the one player that actually created a chance.
  • This looks like Nathan's quiet quit. Easier for him than having to pay off his contract

• Ball pumped forward, and we clear scruffily, and it's out for a Rovers throw
  • Chunes said:
    Madness.  How the eff is Ahadme still out there with 3 forwards on the bench.
  • Bromley 2-2
  • Erk, defence in a bit of disarray, Watson gets fooled by the bounce and we have to clear for a corner.
  • Watson you useless tool 
    How much time do you need! 
  • Much better so far...
  • Chunes said:
    Madness.  How the eff is Ahadme still out there with 3 forwards on the bench.
    Give him time.
  • ross1 said:
    Bromley 2-2
    Great...🤦‍♂️
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!