Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

MATCH THREAD : Bristol Rovers V Charlton Athletic : Tuesday 1st October 2024 KO 19:45

Comments

• Ok i'm going to turn this off now. I'll check and see if we won 2-3 in the morning.
    Don't bother getting up early
  • Utter dross, summed up with that free-kick at the end. I bet Birmingham are shitting bricks 
  • Dizzle said:
    I think May scored a free kick last season didnt he? Jimmy seed end
    Yep curled it left side of the goal proper player 
  • DDOUBLEE said:
    Like I’ve said previously, why does every manager we’ve had since relegation seem to lose the players? Wasn’t it Johnnie Jackson (someone who gets the club) who said that there is something seriously wrong with the culture here? We’ve had two managers say that they don’t want “any dickheads” in the squad and yet that’s all we ever seem to get 
    There certainly seems a bigger issue at the club, and just getting rid of Manager after Manager seems the lazy way of trying to deal with it, and as we're finding... Its not.
  • RobRob
    edited October 1
    We have no flair. No width. No creativity. Absolutely zero attacking threat. This is all down to the manager. They are his players. What’s next? I can’t see where we’re going from here (apart from down!). This is abysmal. What has he been doing on the training field. 

I think he has been so focused on keeping clean sheets that he has neglected everything else. That’s what it looks like. 
  • If Jones cannot get an improvement this half I reckon the owners will be having a serious think. The fact thst the football has been dreadful all season was bad enough, but dreadful football and a losing streak against poor sides has to raise serious questions. If you add in that none of Jones's recruits have performed well and we sold our top scorer because of him, then I think his days are numbered.
  • Who last scored from a free kick, Johnny Jackson?
    Fraser (now left) away at Pompey 
    Shinnie (now left) at home versus  ??
  • Sponsored links:

• Bristol Rovers are incredibly poor! That was a worrying half of football. 
  • All subs on the pitch, so no halftime changes.
    Lovely can't wait to see more from them 
  • Chunes said:
    I was playing a drinking game of taking a sip every time we have a shot. Now my beer is warm.
    Don't switch to taking a sip every time Mitchell or Gillesphey pumps it forwards, or you'll have to get your stomach pumped at the end of the match
  • Absolutely piss poor. Very depressing times.
  • Coventry is shit aswell Mr sideways/backwards pass
  • We're making Bristol look like a championship side... Whilst making ourselves look Sunday league.
  • Oh well, there's always next season....

Yeah looks like Jones is fucked 
  • edited October 1
    Bailey said:
    We have two forwards who have scored one goal between them. They have tried but they don't hold the ball up let alone score. The midfield does not know how to provide chances, even with five players allegedly playing in the midfield, once again the so called Wing backs are not getting forward and with all that we have created one chance, which Jones should put on target, it's actually getting worse. 
    This is exactly it. If the forwards did their jobs it would make the midfield look better. On Saturday we actually played some decent stuff for 30 mins until Stevenage worked out they could push on more because we weren't hurting them.
  • Game plan of hit up to Ahadme who's have a crap game and over hit it long for TC to run onto.

It's going absolutely wank.

One or two times Berry git the ball and gave us some hope, but we're persisting with the lump it forward, Mitchell's long balls been wasteful.

Dire and pointless.
  • Sponsored links:

• At least we have a Jones post match presser to look forward to 
  • edited October 1
    I’ve seen better games. 
    Just one decent move ending in Jones heading over from a yard out. 
    The solitary moment of quality was their goal. 
    Need to see some changes. 
    Get Ramsay on for the ordinary Watson. Need to see Chuks on soon, and Miles too. 
  • Steven81 said:
    Coventry is shit aswell Mr sideways/backwards pass
    Poor Man's Ray Wilkins 
  • DDOUBLEE said:
    Like I’ve said previously, why does every manager we’ve had since relegation seem to lose the players? Wasn’t it Johnnie Jackson (someone who gets the club) who said that there is something seriously wrong with the culture here? We’ve had two managers say that they don’t want “any dickheads” in the squad and yet that’s all we ever seem to get 
    There certainly seems a bigger issue at the club, and just getting rid of Manager after Manager seems the lazy way of trying to deal with it, and as we're finding... Its not.
    Also owners... and boards... we've changed them all - players, managers, boards, owners.... consistently crap no matter who is in place 

What is left to change? 

Must be the gypsy curse 

• Off all the matches in league one tonight only Lincoln and Burton have also managed one shot in anger. I reckon the average is 4 for the rest of them.
    Something fundamentally wrong here.
  • IR94 said:
    most of our players would not stand out in non-league to be honest
    Some would still stand out as the shittest players on the pitch
  • Currently 12th.

I remember a few weeks ago people laughing when I said we'd be lucky to be top 6 by the time October came around. And there are still teams with games in hand on us. Proper position could be 14th at this rate.

Piss poor.
    Not everyone was laughing Golfie, no midfield no strikers worthy of the name, it's a fucking shambles
  • Watching on Sky+. My God that was dreadful. Ahadme must be one of the worst centre forwards I've ever seen play for us in 43 seasons. Forward play consists only of hoofing the ball in his general direction, with predictable results. Rovers deserve to be further ahead than just one. I despair!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!