Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

MATCH THREAD : Bristol Rovers V Charlton Athletic : Tuesday 1st October 2024 KO 19:45

Comments

• I’ve tried to stay positive this season but I’m having the life sucked out of me. 
    Sounds like a good evening Pelling
    Chance would be a fine thing! 
  • edited October 1
    Nearly moment there, TC and Berry combine to release Edwards, but Edwards' cross can't clear the Bristol defender with an unmarked Ahadme lurking behind him 8 yards out. That was good play.
  • Yep, an arse'ole of a ref again today...
  • robroy said:
    This is pushing me to drink beer! 
    I started on the Rioja at 5pm in preparation for this watch !!!
  • Good movement by Ahadme, but as usual no service 
  • People might want this thread before the end of the game

I’m growing to hate L1 - Page 4 — Charlton Life
  • This is awful
  • Leuth said:
    This is fucking abysmal. Genuinely thinking Jones Out 
    Oh stop.
  • Are the fans even there or are they CGI'd in? Sounds like a non league pre season game 
  • Sponsored links:

• Gillesphey pumps it forward but not quite far enough for Campbell, Rovers attempt to play forward is equally poor and we have a throw.
  • Neither side creating anything positive, 50/50 and still 0-0...🥱
  • Now the ref gives them a free kick midway in our half near the touchline for a foul by Coventry but Mannion comes out to claim.
  • That blatent playground type handball by Berry sums it up
  • Bromley 1-1
  • Luckily Bristol's set pieces are as bad as ours
  • We are terrible
    But keep the faith
  • Why is Mitchell pumping in a deep cross like that? Waste of possession 
  • Maybe my old age is playing tricks on me, but I don't recall the standard in 80/81 in Div 3 watching Charlton being this poor - there was at least some quality on show then ???
    This.

Even with Les Berry, Billy Lansdown & Phil Ferns. At least we had Killer, Martin Robinson & Leroy Ambrose.. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Bah nice bit of passing between Edwards, Coventry and Anderson, but he opts to go back to Mitchell rather than wide to Watson, and Mitchell overhits the cross for a goal kick.
  • Our crossing is consistently shite
  • edited October 1
    18 minutes played and we've managed 4 pages of updates...it's... Yeah... Probably going to be the shortest match thread ever...
  • Some day we're gonna wake up and start playing football. This is shit. So many bad long balls 😡
  • Mannion and his catching the only good thing about us so far.
    My POTY so far 
  • Leuth said:
    This is fucking abysmal. Genuinely thinking Jones Out 
    I'm not at that point but there's definitely echoes of Bowyers last months where he'd be making lots of changes and apparently just hoping to miraculously stumble across a winning formula.

Certainly a bit concerning this early in the season if even Jones himself doesn't seem convinced by his own methods.
  • VFR ringing out from the travelling 500
  • Kidding yourself if you think this is anything but awful 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!