Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Halifax Town Away - Live on ITV 1, 12.30ko, 13 Nov

edited November 2011 in General Charlton
Let's see a big win please.

Comments

• Northwich Victoria ?
  • God its been a long time since we went to the Shay !  Think we lost last time and we all wore flared jeans.   

• Was there a guy in the place with a bit of street face ?
  • Not the most convinient of draws, another long haul up to Yorkshire for the boys.
  • I'm already looking forward to ITV's coverage of "former premier league team Charlton", who are top of league 1 by miles, and a true giant in the 1st round of the FA Cup...
  • Not the most convinient of draws, another long haul up to Yorkshire for the boys.
    It will expose Alonso to another part of England
  • Ground holds 10,000. Think the away end is terracing aswell.
  • Looked at the trains - No problems going, Kings Cross to Leeds, then 35 mins to Halifax. Engineering works coming back. So not looking good by train.

It's bound to be on ITV.

• Will Powell rest a few? Probably not as we have 9 days before the next game. But there may be a few carrying knocks who may be rested  
  • Will Powell rest a few? Probably not as we have 9 days before the next game. But there may be a few carrying knocks who may be rested  
    you're thinking of the udders game, we've got Brentford away the following saturday
  • Sponsored links:

• Train home looks hilarious... circa 5 hours with 2 changes back to Kings Cross

Sunday would probably make it even worse
    you're thinking of the udders game, we've got Brentford away the following saturday
    Still a tough game, i expect him to play youth such as bover, maybe popo as well old, euell maybe hayes
  • ESPN on a Friday night.

• Hopefully they'll move it to a Sunday and I'll be able to go to Orient V Bromley as well. I told you Dartford would be easy. ;-)

Great draw, I'm looking forward to going to The Shay. Incredible romance potential.

Day off work.

Night out in Leeds/Manchester after.

Can still go to the England game.

Let's get it on!
  • Train home looks hilarious... circa 5 hours with 2 changes back to Kings Cross

Sunday would probably make it even worse

Double the journey time coming home. I'd say Poxy is a better descriprion.

There are 3 TV slots if it's the same as last season. ESPN on Friday night @ 1945, ITV Saturday @ 1245 and Sunday @ 1500. We're bound to be one of those.
  • If it's gonna be on tv please make it ITV.

Day off work.

Let's get it on!
    Good point about England, Friday or Sunday please
  • Northwich Victoria ?
    The past should stay in the past don't think one player who played there will play.
  • Be good to get a decent run not to fussed if we don't - the league is our main aim
  • Sponsored links:

• Anyone got a link for the full draw ?
  • edited October 2011

Day off work.

Let's get it on!
    Halifax is good night out itself actually.
  • Last time I went to the Shay I saw Halifax V Torquay on a Friday night.  We were playing Newcastle on the Saturday so stayed in Yorkshire on the Friday to break the journey

I seem to remember that there were four men and a dog on the away end.  

And we beat Newcastle the day after! :)
  • If its on TV we will be lucky to take 150. If its not probably around 250. Trains fecked (again) so unless someone I know is mad enough to drive I wont be there.
  • In the train situation, if it is on the saturday, the best way I've found back is Halifax to Manchester then down from there
  • I went to The Shay for a midweek game some years ago, I was working locally that day & they were playing Brighton so i stood with the away fans. Proper old school ground & as someone pointed out the town itself is pretty nice. Would love to do this one if I was still in England...