Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Clattenberg

123457»

Comments

• Options
    Talk about looking for a problem when there isn't one.
    What has spurs fans calling themselves yids got anything to do with Herbert.

I wonder if he's as quick to report nearly every black rap artist for all the times they've said the N word in their songs.
    He did say any use of racist language should be reported to the police.
  • Options

colthe3rd said:

I don't want to be seen like I'm defending Chelsea here but again I'm not sure what else they could have done.

They could have not made up a load of bollox knowing full well it could never be proved but that it would potentially damage the reputation and career of a respected referee just cos they had `the hump with him and the FA'.
    They knew full well there would be people like yourself saying `stop the world turning, we need to have an inquiry to establish all the facts'.
    Sometimes people just do things to cause trouble and to make some mud stick....this is exactly what Chelsea have done safe in the knowledge nothing will come back on them.
    Now you're saying more investigations should be done to establish if the Chelsea players and/or officials were lying.....good luck with that.

Again, did Chelsea as a club possibly make this up or the players?

I never mentioned more investigations, you might want to have another read.
  • Options

colthe3rd said:

I don't want to be seen like I'm defending Chelsea here but again I'm not sure what else they could have done.

Now you're saying more investigations should be done to establish if the Chelsea players and/or officials were lying.....good luck with that.

Exactly, it seems some wont be happy until they have bled this dry because they cannot accept that there is no evidence whatsoever, and somebody must be guilty because Herbert said so. The instant any non white in the future is accused of racism, and subsequently had charges dropped or found not guilty due to lack of evidence, Herbert would be the first to say, move along, nothing proved, nothing to answer, end of story/argument.
    He's the sort of person whose default setting is that everyone is racist, except him and his righteous pals.

• Options
    All of this making my interest in football being lost rapidly. Too much money in the game now is resulting in corruption and dishonesty. It's all gone mad!
  • Options
    DA9 said:

colthe3rd said:

Exactly, it seems some wont be happy until they have bled this dry because they cannot accept that there is no evidence whatsoever, and somebody must be guilty because Herbert said so. The instant any non white in the future is accused of racism, and subsequently had charges dropped or found not guilty due to lack of evidence, Herbert would be the first to say, move along, nothing proved, nothing to answer, end of story/argument.
    He's the sort of person whose default setting is that everyone is racist, except him and his righteous pals.

I literally have no idea what you are accusing me of. Any hints would be most welcome.
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:

DA9 said:

colthe3rd said:

I literally have no idea what you are accusing me of. Any hints would be most welcome.
    Not accusing you of anything, just saying the line has to be drawn somewhere, the police have investigated and found nothing that Clattenberg has to answer. For Herbert and others to suggest the Police are in coherts with Chelski and the FA is plainly ridiculous IMO, but thats not good enough for Herbert obviously, he has to find conspiracy and racism in anybody or anything that happen not to agree with his way of thinking.

• Options
    Apologies I thought you were aiming that at me rather than Herbert. I do agree though, his accusations do seem very strange.
  • Options
    Colt --- not strange ,it is follows a proven and tested path.
    Tossers like him and his tiny group are not about inclusion its about division and self promotion.
    As ex amout of threads on message boards,, lines in papers and air time etc have proven it WORKS.
  • Options
    Not sure I agree with you second line GH
  • Options
    Colt sorry rethe tossers bit obviousley that should read wankers
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Herbert is a barrister (i.e. self-employed). I assume he sees this as good marketing for his practice, whcih doesn't seem very active from what I can tell.
  • Options
    Herbert and his society is all a bit of red herring.

They didn't start the compliant or force Chelsea to shout about. They or maybe just he are trying to cash in with some cheap publicity. The press love it as it gives them a good story.

The reality is that Mikel never heard anything and was only told by two other people what Clattenburg was meant to have said.

If anyone played the race card (winner of overused cliche of the year) it was the white management at Chelsea.

It was always a non-case and it was always going to end with Chelsea looking for an excuse to back out of it.

What it doesn't hide is that racism is still around. Things are getting better and we have come a long way but there is still more to be done. And that means not tolerating racism from whoever it comes from and being able to challenge the relatively few bogus claims that are including among the many real ones.
  • Options
    Herbert made the complaint to the Met, Chelsea didn't.
  • Options
    Jints said:

Herbert made the complaint to the Met, Chelsea didn't.

Is he allowed to do that, ie, he was not there, didnt hear it, and only found out through 3rd parties?

As GH said earlier, that means anything hearsay that I hear that offends me I can complain to the OB?

• Options

Herbert and his society is all a bit of red herring.

They didn't start the compliant or force Chelsea to shout about. They or maybe just he are trying to cash in with some cheap publicity. The press love it as it gives them a good story.

The reality is that Mikel never heard anything and was only told by two other people what Clattenburg was meant to have said.

If anyone played the race card (winner of overused cliche of the year) it was the white management at Chelsea.

It was always a non-case and it was always going to end with Chelsea looking for an excuse to back out of it.

What it doesn't hide is that racism is still around. Things are getting better and we have come a long way but there is still more to be done. And that means not tolerating racism from whoever it comes from and being able to challenge the relatively few bogus claims that are including among the many real ones.

Er, well it might have been had Herbert not reported Clattenburg to the police himself. He is certainly opportunist, and I agree Chelsea shouldn't have put it in public view in the first place - they were stung by Clattenburg's decisions and took a spiteful course of action in revenge - but for what it's worth I'm 100% with Kap on this. Herbert's behaviour is damaging to race relations and any integration agenda.

Of course that might be what he's going for. Hopefully it's just a loudmouth trying to get publicity.
  • Options
    rikofold said:

but for what it's worth I'm 100% with Kap on this. Herbert's behaviour is damaging to race relations and any integration agenda.

Of course that might be what he's going for. Hopefully it's just a loudmouth trying to get publicity.

Agree on both points
  • Options
    Is the Society for Black Lawyers a BNP front? They seem to be doing their job for them....

So, every time someone thinks they 'might' have heard something that 'might' have been racist, we have to go through all this bollocks? It is so far beyond tedious it's not funny - this kind of crap is knocking allegations of serious cover ups involving child abuse off the front pages FFS - our priorities as a society have become seriously messed up.

Crap referee he may be, but I hope Clattenburg sues the living sh*t out of Mikel/Chelsea for what they have done to him. Maybe people might think twice before spouting off slanderous reputation- ruining bollocks in future. I won't hold my breath, though.
  • Options

What could Chelsea have done ?

* not supported JTerry
    * Published their "punishment" of him
    * Not gone straight to the front pages of the papers re the bollox of what Clattenberg said or not

and lastley they could f++k off and ie taking the BLAs with em

You missed the ck out of the BLAs in the above sentance. If your gonna be racist spell blacks properly! **

**Joke

• Options
    Ironic, I suppose that the Chelsea manager used to play for Lazio. As we know from Paulo Di Canio's antics that is the footballing home of the infamous "roman salute".
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:

Both. The players have `over elaborated' the verbals that were exchanged after the match and the Chelsea officials have thought 'ere we can have some fun with this, kick up a right stink and maybe f*** Clattenburgs career for good'.
    colthe3rd said:

Yes you did, with this:
    colthe3rd said:

If it is proved the Chelsea players who raised the matter are lying then they are the ones who should be punished.

How could you try to determine if any lying had occured without having yet another investigation?

Crap referee he may be, but I hope Clattenburg sues the living sh*t out of Mikel/Chelsea for what they have done to him. Maybe people might think twice before spouting off slanderous reputation- ruining bollocks in future. I won't hold my breath, though.

^This 100%

• Sponsored links:

• Options

colthe3rd said:

Both. The players have `over elaborated' the verbals that were exchanged after the match and the Chelsea officials have thought 'ere we can have some fun with this, kick up a right stink and maybe f*** Clattenburgs career for good'.
    colthe3rd said:

Yes you did, with this:
    colthe3rd said:

If it is proved the Chelsea players who raised the matter are lying then they are the ones who should be punished.

How could you try to determine if any lying had occured without having yet another investigation?

Well is your point of view, if what Clattenburg is accused of cannot be proved then that automatically means they are lying?