Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Doctor Who Thread......

Comments

• How will Matt Smith leaving affect the regenerations. Can the Doctor only have 13 regenerations. Getting close to the maximum. Perhaps the Doctor can have more regenerations if the 14th and beyond are female! "Look the Doctor has broken a nail using the Sonic Screwdriver - Arrrgh!!!!
  • How will Matt Smith leaving affect the regenerations. Can the Doctor only have 13 regenerations. Getting close to the maximum. Perhaps the Doctor can have more regenerations if the 14th and beyond are female! "Look the Doctor has broken a nail using the Sonic Screwdriver - Arrrgh!!!!

I'm sure I read somewhere that they'd found a way to solve that problem!

It's all speculation about Matt Smith leaving, if you speculate long enough then eventually you'll be correct! I hopes he stays for a bit longer, I though Tennant was really good, but prefer Matt Smith as he seems a bit less human...
  • I'm sure they'd just come up with an excuse - like when his regeneration energy was left in his hand previously, maybe he'd technically die but could then regenerate using 'regeneration energy' left somewhere. Or something.
  • I'm sure they'd just come up with an excuse - like when his regeneration energy was left in his hand previously, maybe he'd technically die but could then regenerate using 'regeneration energy' left somewhere. Or something.

When that happened and he didn't change, did he still technically use up a regeneration? if so then the 12th doctor should be the last, not 13 (before they come up with something I hope)

• This thread is making the Doctor regenerate into . . . Yeh But, No But, Yeh But . . . cue Diddly Dum, Diddle Dum, Diddly Dum, Doooo.
  • sat across the aisle from Tom Baker on the train this morning. Strange to see him with a shopping bag and a walking stick, no scarf though.
  • Matt Smith was on Jonathan Ross the week before last, and I thought he said he was still happy in the role?

As for other roles, he was very good in both Christopher and his Kind and Bert and Dickie in the last couple of years.
  • I see that today the Doctor Who royal mail stamps were now on sale. Gonna get some. I was wondering if any other pop culture items have ever been on a stamp before?
  • pathdw98 said:

I see that today the Doctor Who royal mail stamps were now on sale. Gonna get some. I was wondering if any other pop culture items have ever been on a stamp before?

Wet Wet Wet have been on the backs of stamps for years!
  • Saw Tom Baker at Charing Cross station yesterday afternoon :)
  • Sponsored links:

• I really want to like Doctor Who but after 20 minutes or so I am bored despite the excellent performance of Matt Smith. Not to start a war or anything but I still preferred David Tennant.
  • edited March 2013
    pathdw98 said:

I see that today the Doctor Who royal mail stamps were now on sale. Gonna get some. I was wondering if any other pop culture items have ever been on a stamp before?

Carry on Films, Hammer films and Wallace and Gromit for sure, may well have been others.

• Not a great fan of Doctor Who but always thought John SIMM would make great Doctor but someone told me he played on of the Doctors enemies so probably a no goer
  • MrOneLung said:

Not a great fan of Doctor Who but always thought John SIMM would make great Doctor but someone told me he played on of the Doctors enemies so probably a no goer

Yes he did. John Simm Played The Master in 5 episodes, his last appearance was in David Tennant's last one.
    That should rule him out.

• Colin Baker played an enemy of the Doctor before becoming the Doctor. Was a more minor role than the Master though.
  • I liked Eccleston's more hands on type. Looked like he could handle himself. Every story with Smith seems to follow the same course: the world/universe is doomed, there's nothing to do about it, run around a bit, discover a secret weakness and solve the whole caper in 5 minutes. I'd like to see them get Danny Dyer in. Make the doctor a completely unlikeable dick going around nutting daleks and standing on rakes for a bit of comic relief.
  • edited March 2013

I liked Eccleston's more hands on type. Looked like he could handle himself. Every story with Smith seems to follow the same course: the world/universe is doomed, there's nothing to do about it, run around a bit, discover a secret weakness and solve the whole caper in 5 minutes. I'd like to see them get Danny Dyer in. Make the doctor a completely unlikeable dick going around nutting daleks and standing on rakes for a bit of comic relief.

Ha ha - yes, I like that, even if it was just a one off for "The Comic Relief" next time around...
  • I liked Eccleston's more hands on type. Looked like he could handle himself. Every story with Smith seems to follow the same course: the world/universe is doomed, there's nothing to do about it, run around a bit, discover a secret weakness and solve the whole caper in 5 minutes. I'd like to see them get Danny Dyer in. Make the doctor a completely unlikeable dick going around nutting daleks and standing on rakes for a bit of comic relief.

Ha ha - yes, I like that, even if it was just a one off for "The Comic Relief" next time around...
    Sean Pertwee could do this and can actually act unlike Dyer.
  • The whole 13 regenerations thing wass brought up like 30 years ago in the old episodes but I heard that the new people have just said fuck that and got rid of that whole theory. Bit of a cop out but I can understand why haha.

New episode this saturday - very excited. Mainly to see Oswin being all sexy again tbh. The woman's gorgeous.
  • The whole 13 regenerations thing wass brought up like 30 years ago in the old episodes but I heard that the new people have just said fuck that and got rid of that whole theory. Bit of a cop out but I can understand why haha.

New episode this saturday - very excited. Mainly to see Oswin being all sexy again tbh. The woman's gorgeous.

The Doctor said in an episode of Sarah Jane Adventures that he has 507 regenerations, but has since been dismissed as a joke
    by the production team.

• Sponsored links:

That she is, but Amy Pond is still the gold standard. (I am too young to remember any Who before Ecclestone, so don't hold that against me!)
  • Oswin should be made to wear that red dress again :-)
  • thenewbie said:

The whole 13 regenerations thing wass brought up like 30 years ago in the old episodes but I heard that the new people have just said fuck that and got rid of that whole theory. Bit of a cop out but I can understand why haha.

That she is, but Amy Pond is still the gold standard. (I am too young to remember any Who before Ecclestone, so don't hold that against me!)
    Sorry but with the exception of that Tait woman, Pond is at/near the bottom of recent female companions.

• Rizzo said:

thenewbie said:

The whole 13 regenerations thing wass brought up like 30 years ago in the old episodes but I heard that the new people have just said fuck that and got rid of that whole theory. Bit of a cop out but I can understand why haha.

Sorry but with the exception of that Tait woman, Pond is at/near the bottom of recent female companions.

Pond just got annoying. And Piper was kinda odd lookin. It's all about Oswin.
  • Peri (Peter Davison and Colin Baker's assistant)Back in the 80's was hot. Check this classic scene from Planet of fire.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzN9S-4MAW0
  • edited March 2013
    of the recent series'
    1. Jenna-Louise Coleman (Oswin)
    2. Karen Gillan (Pond)
    3. Billie Piper (Rose)
    4. Freema Agyeman (Martha)
    5. Catherine Tate (Donna)
  • pathdw98 said:

Peri (Peter Davison and Colin Baker's assistant)Back in the 80's was hot. Check this classic scene from Planet of fire.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzN9S-4MAW0

No arguing with that. She was on Pointless the other day and still looks okay now.

• Major 50th anniversary casting (just about) announced.

Apparently it is being reported today that (still to be 100% announced) that Hollywood star John Hurt will appear in the special.

Also a couple of unknown actors called David Tennant and Billie Piper are to appear as well.
    Supposedly from Doctor who magazine, some saying they got the new issue early.
  • CAFCdamo said:

of the recent series'
    2. Karen Gillan (Pond)
    3. Billie Piper (Rose)

I second this notion.
  • CAFCdamo said:

of the recent series'
    2. Karen Gillan (Pond)
    3. Billie Piper (Rose)

I second this notion.
    Do you have to shag them in that order ?