Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

I blame Jimmenz and Slater 75% the rest Powell.

I think Powell is starting to lose it to be honest. Different tactics for Burnley which obviously did not work and some team selection is beyond a joke now.

This is going to be a very difficult season but I really do put this down to a lack of investment from the board. I think our squad looks bad than our League one promotion season and its really worrying I think like that. Is sacking Powell the right solution? I don't know but every manager we approach will ask how much investment can go into the team so we can buy some players, hard to give a positive answer given when we are skint! When we have most players out of contract by end of the season, staff leaving, court proceeding with the board, rumoured takeovers etc etc, its not wonder we started in this bloody position!

I tell you what, I know we are only in September but if we get relegated I will never be any more angrier than all my life being a Charlton fan and I will mainly put this down to the board. If these so-called rumours are true with the fact Jimmenz is looking to sell at a ridiculous price shows how greedy these twats are. Where were they against Millwall??? I only saw Murray and Peacock there ffs. Perhaps Slater was more interested travelling up to Manchester to watched his beloved team play while Jimmenz is chilling out at his home.

SLATER AND JIMMENZ OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't in my eyes! Calls all week for Cousins and Stewart to play and to change the formation. Still slated.
  • The heart has been allowed to go out of this club.

It's being run on a drip.

Players, Manager and staff all out of contract in 7 months bar a few kids and someone with a dodgy knee.

Run it like shit, the as sure as shit, it starts performing like shit.

I genuinely struggle to see an upside. If people genuinely think if we change the manager for some desperate failure out of work, with no change to the player situation and everything would suddenly improve, well I'd love to see how you can explain how you can expect that to happen.

Sinking fast
  • Different tactis that every fan on here asked for...
  • Oh, and I blame them 100% not 75%
  • It's being run on a drip.

Sums it up for me. Slow death.
  • Relegation or gross misconduct are the only 2 acceptable reasons for sacking ANY manager. I don't buy into the modern glory hunting "sack after a run of losses" malarkey. I would back any manager with the record Powell has at this club, his status as club legend is irrelevant to me. The board have let the club down, they'll claim by continuing to fund losses they're actually doing us all a favour. We need investment. Bad.
  • The heart has been allowed to go out of this club.

It's being run on a drip.

Players, Manager and staff all out of contract in 7 months bar a few kids and someone with a dodgy knee.

Run it like shit, the as sure as shit, it starts performing like shit.

I genuinely struggle to see an upside. If people genuinely think if we change the manager for some desperate failure out of work, with no change to the player situation and everything would suddenly improve, well I'd love to see how you can explain how you can expect that to happen.

Sinking fast

Not sure where the blame lies but if we keep losing and playing badly then CP will go.Not a good start to the season.
  • I wish Peter Varney was still involved with our club.
  • 98% Mysterons, 1% Geordie Smiler, 1% Andrew Mills.

Agreed, can't just be a coincidence that every time we have any kind of success on the pitch he's involved behind the scenes and any time things look bad he's not involved. Knows how to run a football club, ridiculously jealous of ebbsfleet.
  • Sponsored links:

• It's being run BY a drip
  • There enjoying this on Into The Valley at the moment.
  • The current board are going to have to make a decision soon, if they don't sell then they'll need to invest or we are certs for relegation and then they have to try and flog a L1 club. Admin I don't think is an option as it means they lose everything. Or they could drop the asking price to a more realistic one, cut their losses and do a runner, it's upto them.

On the pitch Powell is making mistakes, poor selections, baffling tactics at times and poor use of substitutions.
  • Burnley are a better team than us and have already beaten better teams this season. They're on fire, scoring goals for fun. Simple. Deal with it, stop bitching and get behind the team.
  • It's a tough situation - if there's no money, there's no money. Powell is good enough but he can only play what he's got. He's been forced to use Cousins, Harriot and Piggott this year as he has no money (yes, some are well worth a go I get that, but we know Powell prefers seasoned pros usually).

Why? Has he got some money we don't know about? Wasn't him that bought this lot in anyway?
  • There enjoying this on Into The Valley at the moment.

I'm convinced reams is a comic genius and is running a brilliant satirical football fans message board and we're the butt of the joke.
  • I blame it on the boogie!
  • Stick to Charlton debate please not other sites, thanks.
  • Did Dippenhall resolve his EBay dispute? Maybe he could buy the club?
  • Sponsored links:

• We can't score goals and we can't keep clean sheets. No money so we're trying to get by with a squad of players out of contract, any cheap loans/out of contract players we can afford and a few youngsters (who would be out on loan if we had money to bring in more players). Up front Fuller and Haynes picked up injuries, but they caused problems at this level. We have no alternative to Yann, we don't create enough chances, but even when we do, the other strikers don't take them.

Powell has made mistakes but the way things are the best we could hope for is surviving a relegation battle. Thankfully there are a few other clubs in a similar position and the league doesn't look like it'll be as tight as last season.

The squad needed improving last season but we did enough to get by. A good end to the season papered over the cracks.

Not sure where we go from here. Far bigger problems at the club than Powell picking the wrong formation, or not putting a sub on early enough.

With this squad and the situation (finances, contracts, owners looking to sell etc) we won't win many games whichever line-up and formation Powell or a new manager goes for.
  • To those who are sticking behind Powell let me ask you this - Was Lennie Lawrence or Curbs and Gritty lucky why we did so well in the league table when things were tough behind the scenes?
  • Relegation or gross misconduct are the only 2 acceptable reasons for sacking ANY manager..

I think Steve kavagnah and Airman may be able to put a different slant on this.
  • Scoham said:

We can't score goals and we can't keep clean sheets. No money so we're trying to get by with a squad of players out of contract, any cheap loans/out of contract players we can afford and a few youngsters (who would be out on loan if we had money to bring in more players). Up front Fuller and Haynes picked up injuries, but they caused problems at this level. We have no alternative to Yann, we don't create enough chances, but even when we do, the other strikers don't take them.

Powell has made mistakes but the way things are the best we could hope for is surviving a relegation battle. Thankfully there are a few other clubs in a similar position and the league doesn't look like it'll be as tight as last season.

The squad needed improving last season but we did enough to get by. A good end to the season papered over the cracks.

Not sure where we go from here. Far bigger problems at the club than Powell picking the wrong formation, or not putting a sub on early enough.

With this squad and the situation (finances, contracts, owners looking to sell etc) we won't win many games whichever line-up and formation Powell or a new manager goes for.

Totally agree
  • DiscoCAFC said:

To those who are sticking behind Powell let me ask you this - Was Lennie Lawrence or Curbs and Gritty lucky why we did so well in the league table when things were tough behind the scenes?

Mid table 2nd tier side... That's what gritty and curbs had, and is where Powell finished last season.
  • At least 6 Championship Managers look to be on dodgy ground, I wonder who will blink first.
  • Dansk_Red said:

At least 6 Championship Managers look to be on dodgy ground, I wonder who will blink first.

Bolton or Sheff Wed?
  • Can understand the 4-5-1 formation today as we tried to tighten it up and if possible nick a 1-0 win... Unfortunately we were up against a team on fire (as the SSN guy said today... Everything that Vokes and Ings touch turns to gold)
  • Oh, and I blame them 100% not 75%

ITotally agree, sadly if we as a group of supporters do not vocalise our disapproval soon, it will be far too easy for them to remove powell, think its got to be time to make them feel uncomfortable and quite frankly, at total fault!!

• Don't blame Powell myself, terrible contract situation, no investment in players, missing leaders at the club (PV). Really can't see them sacking him, will cost them money, all right not much but then have to pay for new coaching team. We will have to stick together and hope players and coaches can turn it around. I still believe Powell will get it done this season but it will be bumpy.