Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Athletic Supporters Football team?

Is there a CAFC supporters team? I used to play for the Dulwich Hamlet supporters team and really enjoyed it, normally 11 a side down a park with a pitch hired, against other teams supporters teams.

Wondering if we have one and how you get involved?

Comments

• There has been three as far as i am aware.

- One that played the odd game affiliated with the Supporters Club in the late 80s / early 90s

- CIFC (Charlton Internet Football Club) that played regularly against other club supporters teams from around 2000 up to about 4-5 years ago. Both organisers and many many players post on here

- Charlton Life team, a spin off of CIFC, that played i think 3 games 2-4 years ago, but never got going as a regular thing.

From experience, these things are always pretty easy to arrange as a one-off (apart from sorting out kit, positions etc), however you need someone dedicated to take it on full time and getting some form of player committment is very difficult.

The CIFC years we had were absolutely brilliant, some fantastic friendships were formed and some of our tales from trips and tournaments were legendary.
  • We formed a team called Charlton VP in the aftermath of the Valley Party campaign in the early nineties. Played in the Woolwich Sunday league for a couple of seasons. One or two were not Addicks, but the vast majority were. Peter F was one of my fellow players.
  • Maybe get a team together again from CL to play a game? I know the person who runs the Dulwich Hamlet supporters team so I could get a match set up.
  • I would be keen.
  • I remember the CL match v Ipswich?
    How long was it before we had to call an ambulance.......
  • 12th anniversary of our WorldNet win in July, maybe some beers in the Albany are in order
  • If we can cobble together 11 addicks we could make it work. DHFCs team play at Belair park in Dulwich so thats a possible venue for a game.
  • I would play as a one off
  • I used to play in the supporters club team back in the late 80's early 90's, had some great games and memories.

always remember playing the Barnsley lads and remember a tournament we went to in Nottingham one year
  • Sponsored links:

• Would also be interested
  • I'd be interested in this
  • Can we get Nathan back to make a guest appearance in any game?

It was quite a spectacle I can assure you!
  • As long as I'm not playing full back with him as the winger. I don't think I've shouted at a team mate as much as I did him in the game against the Exeter fans!
  • edited April 2014
    The last CIFC game was against Dulwich on their actual pitch. We had 11 men no subs and it was good 0-0 match until @randy andy had an injury and had to go in goal.
  • Brings back memories of the game against Palace somewhere over Catford. God, how many people were over there watching it? lol
  • I'd definitely be interested.
  • I would be your gk
  • So what positions do we have so far
  • There was a well organised team in the 60's which played regularly on Sundays. We used to train inCharlton Park and I believe played in a Supporters Club league. I played a few times as I had a car so could transport players but my career was shortlived as I moved to the Medway towns and played in the Sunday league there. The guy who 'ran' the team was called Roy (I think0 and (if memory serves me correctly) had ginger hair. For the life of me I cannot recall where we played home matches but would assume Blackheath.
  • Sponsored links:

• One of my favourite ever matches. Funny, funny day.
  • T.C.E said:

I remember the CL match v Ipswich?
    How long was it before we had to call an ambulance.......

Don't know, all I can remember is hillsysup's bollocks hanging out of his shorts whilst he was tending the poor fella. Something I can never unsee!
  • played for 15 years late 50s through the 60s used to train at the valley and use home dressing room, in later
    years we had three teams great times and many memories, in later years Ray Luff ran the club we played many other supporters
    including man utd and the sheffield clubs as well as all the London teams.
  • I played and scored a hat trick 23 years ago for Charlton supporters club against Ipswich in about 1991 in an 8-1 drubbing. I wore an old Melrose shirt and Steve Dixon was the captain. It even made it into the programme as I was a junior red at the time
  • The last game we played we had George Shelvey playing for us didn't we?
  • CAFCTrev said:

If we can cobble together 11 addicks we could make it work. DHFCs team play at Belair park in Dulwich so thats a possible venue for a game.

If you are serious what positions do we need as said I am happy to be gk
  • Hi Bradley Pritchard here, was wondering if you lot would give me a game?
  • Hi Bradley Pritchard here, was wondering if you lot would give me a game?

Yeah, no problem, bring your mates Thuram, Hollands and Gower. Oh, and Polish Pete.
  • edited April 2014

CAFCTrev said:

If we can cobble together 11 addicks we could make it work. DHFCs team play at Belair park in Dulwich so thats a possible venue for a game.

If you are serious what positions do we need as said I am happy to be gk
    Still trying to get a general consensus as a lot of replies to this thread are memories of previous teams without actually saying they want to play again. Great to see theres interest though.

If you deffo want to play for a reformed addicks supporters team can you reply with a "I want to play"?