Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General MYTHS that annoy you

We only use 10-20% of our brains - Total and utter rubbish, no matter how many times Hollywood use this for a movie idea.

We eat 4 spiders a year while we sleep. - This was started up by a woman who wondered how far an internet rumour could possibly spread, back in 1993.

The sun is yellow - Nope. It's white.

Any more for any more?

Comments

• Cory Gibbs exists.
  • Simon Church actually has foot made of sponge.
  • Wembley and its "big pitch".

Its roughly the same size as any other professional pitch!
  • The kidney thief story
  • Penalty shootouts and Football League playoffs are a "lottery".
  • Story about the bloke who follows through so pops into a charity shop and buys a pair of trousers.

He goes to the toilet on the train home and throws his shitty trousers out the window.

He opens the bag from the charity shop and there's a jumper in there.

Heard that so many times over the years.
  • it was a good jumper tho
  • Sponsored links:

• cafctom said:

Penalty shootouts and Football League playoffs are a "lottery".

So true. No fate. Was it a lottery that LeTissier only missed one penalty in his career?! I think not!
  • The "small minority" ruining it for all the "good as gold" supporters down the road.
  • Men cry when a defender from Sunderland misses a penalty,
  • The ones in my cupboard that eat my clothes.
  • Having unprotected sex with 12 woman in a fortnight will give you the clap. It didn't, although I was sore for a week or so afterwards.
  • 1)Global Warming is happening
    2)The Jenkinson money was the only money that bought 16 players that season
    3)Newspapers that publish in the summer say it's going to be a heavy winter in December, they always get it wrong.

• Greenie said:

'You can't drink on Antibiotics'
    A myth perpetuated by the forces doctors in WW2, cos so many were getting the clap, so they told them that if they drank on antibiotics they wouldn't work. You can and they do work.
    Not that I've had the clap...ahem...!

It was probably through drinking that most of them got the clap in the first place.
  • Size doesn't matter...

• edited July 2014
    Edited cos Addicted got in there first....... :-(
  • Sponsored links:

• Toast always lands buttered side down. It might be true for you and me but it's actually a 50/50 chance.
  • It's what you know, not who you know. Sadly, often it ain't. It's down to who you know.
  • Greenie said:

'You can't drink on Antibiotics'
    A myth perpetuated by the forces doctors in WW2, cos so many were getting the clap, so they told them that if they drank on antibiotics they wouldn't work. You can and they do work.
    Not that I've had the clap...ahem...!

I thought the same til i drank just two pints after taking some strong Antibiotics last year. I've never felt so ill.
    You are probably right for most but there are some you must avoid alcohol completely.
  • March51 said:

Toast always lands buttered side down. It might be true for you and me but it's actually a 50/50 chance.

I remember seeing this proved a while back, it is to do with tables being the right height that the bread only manages half a rotation before it hits the floor, and therefore will more often falls butter side down then up. Their solution was very high tables or keeping your side butter side down on the plate. Maybe not dropping it also might help