Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

General MYTHS that annoy you

Comments

• Options
    Dropping a Banana skin on the floor will cause people to slip over.
  • Options
    "The West Ham way, academy" wtf - load of rubbish, watching football for over 40 years - something special, entertaining, flair at Upton Park, when was that then ? Liked Alan Devonshire as a player and.... (he wsan't a patch on Hoddle, Brady etc.)
  • Options
    "Play the *enter team name* way."

There really aren't that many ways to play football.
  • Options

Captain Pugwash crew members were roger the cabin boy and master mates.

It didn't, but the myth ruined the creator financially.

Did it ruin him? How so? I never knew that.

That's got to be in any top 5 entertaining urban legends. Pugwash.

Naf Naf jackets only real if you had a yellow A.

Ralph shirts only real if the buttons tasted of chalk.

Marlboro are actually Kl Klux Klan because of the 3 As in the packet.

You had to be 18 to buy records at from Bluebird of Bromley lol

(insert school) banned pencils because kids were sticking them up your nose and banging your head on the table

nostalgic BS

• Options
    Marvin Sordell - "there's a player in there somewhere"
  • Options
    One thing to say on the medicine v nature argument discussed above.

We don't know all the facts but when I see more vegan holistic-types scoring goals and winning golds then I would be more convinced as to their righteousness.

nobody does it better than KFC. ;)
  • Options

"The West Ham way, academy" wtf - load of rubbish, watching football for over 40 years - something special, entertaining, flair at Upton Park, when was that then ? Liked Alan Devonshire as a player and.... (he wsan't a patch on Hoddle, Brady etc.)

Devonshire was a wide player so not even the same position as Brady and Hoddle, Brooking played in their position and he was pretty good, certainly as good as Hoddle. If you are going to compare players at least try to get them in the same positions. Bit like saying Maradonna wasn't a patch on Banks!!!

• Options
    That the Chelsea head hunters or the Millwall bushwhackers were coming to the school and were going to give every kid big enough a Chelsea smile

• Options

Stig said:

Addicted said:

Lemmings kill themselves. They don't disney corp drove a bunch of them off a cliff to jazz up a boring winter wildlife documentary and the just drove a bunch of them off a cliff and made up a cock and bull explanation that the world bought.

Piranhas will attack people and clean all the flesh from the bones. Only in James Bond, you can swim about with them quite happily.

You have to have an open wound for them to attack.
    You'd need more than an open wound. If you had a limb off and were a bit out of it they might go for you, but that's it.
    I'd like to see you put that theory to the test.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYROspjQuvc
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    uncle said:

Devonshire was a wide player so not even the same position as Brady and Hoddle, Brooking played in their position and he was pretty good, certainly as good as Hoddle. If you are going to compare players at least try to get them in the same positions. Bit like saying Maradonna wasn't a patch on Banks!!!

Far as I can make out Devonshire, Hoddle and Brady were great midfielders who made great chances, scored great goals. Nothing like comparing Banks and Maradona.

As a West Ham fan I suppose you would put Brooking on a par with Hoddle, as a neutral I would say that Hoddle was far superior.
  • Options
    A winger is completely different to a central midfield player so should not be compared. Why did you not pick 2 other wingers from around that time that he was nothing compared to?

What with you obviously being someone that doesn't like West Ham would choose hoddle.
  • Options
    uncle said:

A winger is completely different to a central midfield player so should not be compared. Why did you not pick 2 other wingers from around that time that he was nothing compared to?

What with you obviously being someone that doesn't like West Ham would choose hoddle.

Your so calked great academy is still a myth though!
    And you didnt win the World Cup!
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    uncle said:

OK mate we obviously do not agree on whether Devonshire was a midfield player or not, or whether Hoddle was better than Brooking, but, my point was myths - ie "The West Ham Way" what exactly is that ? and which team / era best represent it ?

For what it is worth, dont give a monkeys about WHU, only club I really cant stick is Palace.
  • Options

Psychics or clairvoyants. Complete scumbags that prey on the weak and vulnerable.

I predicted you were going to say that.
  • Options
    Greenie said:

uncle said:

My so calked?? I didn't play in the world cup but if you want to talk bollox for a while I can do that. West Ham did have a very good academy and if you think they didn't you are talking out of your arse.

Ferdinand, Cole, Carrick, Lampard, Johnson. All regular England players from around the same era. So before you start spouting bollox have a little think. How many other clubs had that many players playing for England at any one time? I'm guessing not to bloody many. So it wasn't a bad academy after all.
  • Options
    uncle said:

Greenie said:

uncle said:

My so calked?? I didn't play in the world cup but if you want to talk bollox for a while I can do that. West Ham did have a very good academy and if you think they didn't you are talking out of your arse.

Ferdinand, Cole, Carrick, Lampard, Johnson. All regular England players from around the same era. So before you start spouting bollox have a little think. How many other clubs had that many players playing for England at any one time? I'm guessing not to bloody many. So it wasn't a bad academy after all.
    West Ham was called "The Academy of Football" way before the current meaning of academy - why ?
  • Options

uncle said:

OK mate we obviously do not agree on whether Devonshire was a midfield player or not (never said "he was nothing compared to" - great player), or whether Hoddle was better than Brooking, but, my point was myths - ie "The West Ham Way" what exactly is that ? and which team / era best represent it ?

For what it is worth, dont give a monkeys about WHU, only club I really cant stick is Palace.
    As for you, read the post above. If you don't know what the West Ham way was you shouldn't be having this conversation. There was a time when West Ham played lovely football, they was never very successful but the football was very nice to watch. That isn't something West Ham fans made up it's a fact. It is no longer the case, but things in football change (like Charlton are no longer a prem side)

If you didn't give a monkeys about West Ham you would have come up with a different scenario than Devonshire, Brady and Hoddle.... I take but your lack of names you couldn't come up with 2 other wingers!!

So there you go, West Ham "DID" have a very good academy and they "DID play very nice passing football, which (whether you like it or not) was called "the West Ham way".

It's not rocket science and you could have probably found all that out from google. I'm glad I have been of assistance to you now enjoy the rest of your Sunday, maybe nip out and buy some old West Ham DvD's and see what all the fuss was about. Oh and for the record you said he was not a patch on them which pretty much amounts to the same. Mate!

• Options
    edited August 2014
    I know it aint rocket science - so, which team / era best represented "The West Ham Way" - simple question.

What do your "DID"s signify (are they meant to be read as fact, lol) or "There was a time" - when ? Like I said, been watching the game for forty + years
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2014
    Sorry guys (thanks for input uncle) - back on track - "As for you" - who the """" do you think you are, Devonshire played midfield, answer the question instead of accusing people of spouting bollox

Myths - "The West Ham Way"
  • Options
    Ferdinand, Cole, Carrick, Lampard, Johnson and not forgetting Defoe.
  • Options
    edited August 2014

Your point is ? Local kids done well - "The West Ham Way" - what,where,when?
  • Options
    Last post on this for me, if I was Sam Allardyce I would get the fuck out of that cesspit, West Ham Way - do one, he has done wonders for that club while the owners ponder on different dildo models
  • Options

No, you mis-understand, Defoe quite often is said to have been another product of their system.
    IMO all five developed as players post West Ham.
  • Options

No, you mis-understand, Defoe quite often is said to have been another product of their system.
    IMO all five developed as players post West Ham.
    Rio was often derided for his decision making, nobody thought Frank would turn into the player he did at Chelsea. Cole flattered to deceive. Carrick only went to a big club after he became a player at Spurs. Johnson went to 34 clubs before settling down. Theory checks out.
  • Options
    The further north you go the friendlier people are.
  • Options
    uncle said:

Yeah but where are they now?
  • Options
    You cant spend what you aint got.
    Football clubs have been doing it for years.
  • Options
    God someones having a little hissy fit... Don't worry I know who the f"""" I am. Devonshire was a winger but it appears that you think if they are outfield players they all play in the same position. I only accuse those of spouting bollox when they do, and in your case the cap fits. Now do your silly little dildo gags it shows even more of your intelligence. Well done sir.