Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Mackay and Moody

Be good to have a serious thread on this and not go off course like the other one.

Pretty serious stuff in this, biggest expose for a while.

So much in football we as fans just never know about. If Roland had secured Malky during the summer for example, every single one of us would have been on cloud nine.

Comments

• As posted on the other thread the statement from the LMA is unbelievable. They are trying to pass it off as 'banter'
  • Very carefully worded statement written by a legal advisor.

McKay also seems to be distancing himself from Moody.
  • I noticed on the other thread numerous comments saying Tan timed the release to scupper Malky's job prospects.

If the messages were found during the discovery for the recent Cardiff/Palace court case then Tan would likely have been in contempt of court if he made the documents public before the case concluded, which was only a few days ago I believe.

So probably no conspiracy there, just coincidental timing.
  • I think its a terrible statement. Letting off steam with some friendly text banter....ffs the man's manager of a premier league club not on a break in double maths at school
  • I noticed on the other thread numerous comments saying Tan timed the release to scupper Malky's job prospects.

If the messages were found during the discovery for the recent Cardiff/Palace court case then Tan would likely have been in contempt of court if he made the documents public before the case concluded, which was only a few days ago I believe.

So probably no conspiracy there, just coincidental timing.

Could have screwed him (and Palace especially) more by releasing it after he got appointed to be honest.
  • I don't see as how Vincent Tan could have been holding back stuff for months and then unleashing it at the opportune moment, unless of course he knew Pulis was about to bale out which I doubt.
    Unless of course it is all even murkier.
  • Sponsored links:

• I Notice it said McKay didn't write 'homophobic or sexist' texts , so I presume his one liners must have been racist.
  • This is the LMA protecting Mackay and will put as much of this as they can on Moody.
  • As Scudamore got off with the "private texts" defence seems unlikely the FA will want to jump on MM.
  • As I noted on the original thread, no crime has been committed here but they are effectively now unemployable in this field.

Given how extreme the rewards are in football compared to other fields where they might find employment, it's remarkable they could be so stupid.
  • bobmunro said:

Just sent this to the Chief Executive of the LMA - I won't hold my breath for a reply but I'll post it should one materialise

Dear Mr Bevan

I read with incredulity and disgust your associations press statement on Mackay.

Trying to play down explicitly racist comments by one of your members as not much more than banter and when he was under pressure is, quite frankly, a disgrace to your profession. To be frank it doesn't surprise me and I use the word 'profession' reservedly as that word is hardly appropriate to describe the various collection of neadertals that roam football using 'that's what happens in football' as their excuse, as if they are above the law.

Three out of 10,000 texts is ok then is it? Racism is fine as long as it rarely manifests itself?

I repeat, your association is an absolute disgrace.

Yours sincerely

Robert Munro

Never realised you were called Robert.

• bobmunro said:

Just sent this to the Chief Executive of the LMA - I won't hold my breath for a reply but I'll post it should one materialise

Dear Mr Bevan

I read with incredulity and disgust your associations press statement on Mackay.

Trying to play down explicitly racist comments by one of your members as not much more than banter and when he was under pressure is, quite frankly, a disgrace to your profession. To be frank it doesn't surprise me and I use the word 'profession' reservedly as that word is hardly appropriate to describe the various collection of neadertals that roam football using 'that's what happens in football' as their excuse, as if they are above the law.

Three out of 10,000 texts is ok then is it? Racism is fine as long as it rarely manifests itself?

I repeat, your association is an absolute disgrace.

Yours sincerely

Robert Munro

Never realised you were called Robert.

Bob to my friends - Robert when I'm annoyed!
  • As I noted on the original thread, no crime has been committed here but they are effectively now unemployable in this field.

Given how extreme the rewards are in football compared to other fields where they might find employment, it's remarkable they could be so stupid.

Andy Gray and Richard Keys still get work don't they?
  • I've been out of the country and only just caught up on this. I'm shocked that the LMA and FA are even considering trying to defend this, but then again I guess I'm not really which is a sad statement on these organisations.

There aren't the words to describe my contempt for Mackay and Moody for using these phrases. And the LMA and FA are just sickening.

They do indeed but their jobs are bit non-league now compared with the positions they held at Sky.
  • Sponsored links:

Marlon King, Ched Evans too...and what they did was far worse than being an ignorant twat.

They do indeed but their jobs are bit non-league now compared with the positions they held at Sky.
    Absolutely but they aren't completely unemployable (unfortunately). Could see Malky Mackay putting out more 'I regret previous actions, have learnt from my mistakes etc' and getting a lower league job.
  • edited August 2014
    Unemployable? One would hope so.

Realistically? I doubt it. The game employs some utter disgusting examples of "men" as players; do we really think the standards set for managers will be that much higher?

They should be, don't get me wrong. But with the LMA statement I fear we're seeing phase one in the process of "close ranks, move on and find him another job; he's one of our own after all".

I sincerely hope I'm wrong.

The alleged comments of Mackay/Moody are far further along the unacceptability spectrum....

Plus their jobs don't involve them recruiting, managing and motivating people who they have been publicly outed for privately denigrating. They just have to have opinions, sadly you don't have to be worthy of respect (least of all the viewers') to hold down a job in punditry.

The alleged comments of Mackay/Moody are far further along the unacceptability spectrum....
    Their comments also, in an almost impressive nature, managed to attack several groups (Foreign players, women, Jews..) rather than one particular group.

Ultimately Gray and Keys were a bit stupid, but not quite in the same league as these two twerps.
  • Agree with all that, but I honestly and sadly think they'll find employment.

Hope I'm wrong.
  • I don't think McKay or Moody will get jobs in British football. No Chairman will risk the good name of their club to either of these two nasties. Squads have a lot of black players who would have zero respect for a start. Many supporters would be disgusted. I just don't see them as employable. Which is good.
  • edited August 2014

I don't think McKay or Moody will get jobs in British football. No Chairman will risk the good name of their club to either of these two nasties. Squads have a lot of black players who would have zero respect for a start. Many supporters would be disgusted. I just don't see them as employable. Which is good.

Without derailing the thread and going back to Evans, but surely if a club is prepared to employ someone who's just done time for an offence like Rape* then they wouldn't think twice about employing someone who's particular vile side was offensive text messages?

You make a brilliant point though; expecting foreign players to work under McKay would be expecting a lot. However in the dressing rooms of Chelsea and Liverpool (just to name two) you have had racist players, one even captaining his side.

To go back to my point above, do you think the players who play alongside some of the dregs of society that can seen on pitches every week are overjoyed to be playing with petty criminals/rapists/drunk drivers? No, but I'm willing to bet that weekly pay check helps a bit.

This is why I'm not preparing myself to be particularly impressed with regards to the moral compass employed in football.

*To avoid Evans specifically, I'm sure we can all think of other players and other offences - ranging from manslaughter through to common assault.
  • I think an awful lot of Brit managers are busy on their computers tonight deleting messages and quietly phoning their mates to ensure they do the same thing at the other end. The Mackay/Moody texts simply reflect what they normally think and suppress when they work with asian/black/footballers. I don't come across this in my profession but in w/c factories I bet it is still very common to use these insulting terms. Our Bermondsey cousins use such abusive language to their own players (ask N’Guessian!) let alone the opposition. For what it's worth they should fully apologize and in time be forgiven...they have not killed anyone just behaved like neanderthals.