Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Derby 1 Charlton 0 - Post Match Views

Disappointing to end our unbeaten run or good to have that distraction out of the way?

Comments

• We are technically better than Manchester United though are we not?
  • I doubt Bob will be too disappointed, as it stands we don't have a squad to cover a cup run.
  • Stig said:

Disappointing to end our unbeaten run or good to have that distraction out of the way?

Both. Let's hope Brighton are tired on Saturday.
  • Not fussed, League is more important.
  • Just imagine how bad it could've been for Manure if MK Dons hadn't held Danny Green in reserve.
  • Apparently they had 18 shots to our 6

6 shots all game is woeful.

They had 8 on target to our 2, Maybe Pope deserves more credit than I gave from the commentary.

I think the rose tinting is taking over on some of you lot though.

We are not playing this lovely football you all seem to think we are. Our possession reflects this!

We do need a decent partner for Vetokele and Bob needs a better plan B than putting our big lump slow CB's up front.

Lots of love Ex Rose Tinted Dazzler
  • Squad is thin. A league cup run would not have helped.
  • Disappointed. Its always good to win & to keep an unbeaten run going. My main concern is that by the sounds of it we didn't threaten much in front of goal.

just hope its a blip & we are better on Saturday.
  • Good not to have the distraction.

Now lets win this tin pot league a d get back to the league we belong in.
  • Sponsored links:

• Guys, guys keep it all in perspective both teams had 5 changes each at KO from last weeks encounter FFS!
  • Brighton are doing ET
  • Didn't go in as favourites, and agree we don't have the depth for a cup run at the moment. Have to say though, am a bit worried we wont fulfil the early promise of this season. Need a winger, and I'm not convinced George is up to it, despite his decent half last week
  • Meh! we would of got the shittest draw of the next round any road...
  • Dazzler21 said:

DeeBee said:

Dazzler21 said:

Apparently they had 18 shots to our 6

They had 8 on target to our 2, Maybe Pope deserves more credit than I gave from the commentary.

We are not playing this lovely football you all seem to think we are. Our possession reflects this!

We do need a decent partner for Vetokele and Bob needs a better plan B than putting our big lump slow CB's up front.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Christ i'd hate to see how depressed you were last season.
    Didn't expect much else. Probably highlights the need for a couple players. Onto saturday
    I wasn't depressed last season as expectations hadn't been built up.

That's 2 poor performances, though only one seemed to really matter as we snuck a result out of the other one.
    I'm pretty sure there are more to follow, but then again I still have to see a team who has 80% top performances
  • Joeri said:

Dazzler21 said:

DeeBee said:

Dazzler21 said:

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Christ i'd hate to see how depressed you were last season.
    Didn't expect much else. Probably highlights the need for a couple players. Onto saturday

That's 2 poor performances, though only one seemed to really matter as we snuck a result out of the other one.
    I'm pretty sure there are more to follow, but then again I still have to see a team who has 80% top performances
    Erm 2 in a row 3 overall that's 50% out of 6 performances.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2014
    Listening to the game, it did not sound at all like we played as badly as Saturday or badly in general.

We got beaten 1-0 by a late goal from a team 10 days ago most fans would have predicted us laying down for on both occasions.
  • Never been strong in the League Cup, never going to win the competition so prefer to be out now rather than wasting our legs in some match where we could be battered by a Premier League side

(Yes we could do a Milton Keynes Dons and beat the big team but see above we NEVER do well in the League Cup)

Can bang on about all the chances that Derby had yet if they're gonna be that wasteful it'll hopefully continue on into the League and of all the stats being thrown about only two matter.

Charlton Athletic... 5th
    Derby County... 7th

Best bit about tonight... Allows the doom merchants (the we told you so's from Welling and Ebbsfleet) to come out of hiding for a few days
  • Brighton are doing ET

Come on now...
  • Listening to the game, it did not sound at all like we played as badly as Saturday or badly at all in general.

We got beaten 1-0 by a late goal from a team 10 days ago most fans would have predicted us laying down for on both occasions.

I did expect 4-0 to them just check the prematch thread.

I'm taking over @golfaddick‌ 's negativity
  • most of us before the game were prophesying a loss, and we lost to a single goal in the last few minutes.
    let's hope that Bob can get 3 more decent players in this week.
  • Surprised there's not many of the usual it's only a crap cup competition glad were out of it ! Concentrate on the league etc etc just like all those up at stadium mk are saying now!
  • Dazzler21 said:

Joeri said:

Dazzler21 said:

DeeBee said:

Dazzler21 said:

Erm 2 in a row 3 overall that's 50% out of 6 performances.
    So?
    I've said never, 50% decent games is a good average to me.
    My team in Belgium has one good match in 6 or 7 games, I could get used to the idea of 50%, but then again Cercle is no top team...